The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old June 2nd, 2008   .:Sr Martinz:. is offline   #1
.:Sr Martinz:.

Default Justice Society Infinity

Greetings!
Let's suppose that DC is really going to launch a new series. If so I came up with some questions:
1- Has it (the creation of the Infinity team) something to do with Gog or Ma'gog plot?

2-Is that, somehow, a way of making sense to have an Infinity Inc as it was in the past, with the descendents of the older heroes?

3-Wouldn't be nice to see such title grow?

4-Since we are going to have the new Justice League, really making justice, what about a Justice Society going to the "Infinity and beyond" ?

Please people, let's debate.

Best regards

.:Cogito Ergo Sum:.

.:ORBVERSE COMICS:.
A NEW CONCEPT ABOUT HEROES

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: Sr Martinz
PSN ID: Sr_Martinz
Old June 2nd, 2008   oddballuk is offline   #2
oddballuk
Dapper English Bloke

If DC were to launch a mini or another ongoing featuring younger members of the JSA then calling it Justice Society Infinity makes sense.

JSA is one of DC's best selling series at the moment so they would be taking advantage of the name recognition for marketing the book.

Having Infinity in the title also has meaning for older DC fans because of the original Infinity Inc while also identifying itself as being different from DCs recent Infinity Inc book.

I would certainly pick up a mini featuring the younger members if that's what Justice Society Infinity is. An ongoing though, would depend on the creative team as I don't think Geoff can manage wrinting two Justice Society books with his current workload.

Old June 2nd, 2008   allanf is offline   #3
allanf
Geoffan

I'm figuring that that's the name for the Earth-2 merger of the JSA and Infinity, Inc.

Old June 2nd, 2008   TJLamb0518 is offline   #4
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Greetings!
Let's suppose that DC is really going to launch a new series. If so I came up with some questions:
1- Has it (the creation of the Infinity team) something to do with Gog or Ma'gog plot?

2-Is that, somehow, a way of making sense to have an Infinity Inc as it was in the past, with the descendents of the older heroes?

3-Wouldn't be nice to see such title grow?

4-Since we are going to have the new Justice League, really making justice, what about a Justice Society going to the "Infinity and beyond" ?

Please people, let's debate.

Best regards
ddf
.:Sr Martinz:. View Post

Kuroshi, one thing I always liked when JSA was originally launched was Geoff Johns and the gang saying they were going to be VERY careful about IF and when there were spin-offs and tie-in titles to this book to avoid the over-saturation that JLA was causing at the time. They wanted any branches of the JSA tree to be special and worthy of the book. Not putting out books for sales sake. Now, truth be told, it would appear they backed off on that with stance with JSA:Confidential, buit I remember those first few JSA related projects were pretty good because of their rarity.

Hows about they have one quality JSA book instead of 2 or 3 books that could divide the marketplace.

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old June 2nd, 2008   SageShinigami is offline   #5
SageShinigami
Master Geoffan

I'm figuring that that's the name for the Earth-2 merger of the JSA and Infinity, Inc.
ddf
allanf View Post
Bingo. And yeah...with the Earth-2 team popping up now, a new book would be nice. Even though the current team is HUGE, to split them up would mean you'd have to split up the "Old Guard" as well, and that would water them down too much, so if there's going to be a second book, it needs to be either set in the past or about the Earth-2 team.

Old June 3rd, 2008   Diomedes1977 is offline   #6
Diomedes1977

Well ,at the end of the Generations saga the JSA invited the Infinity Inc. team to join and they declined as they wanted to explore a bit their new group and possibilities.

Then ,years later ,after the Crisis ,the JSA made the offer again as they had just lost some members in the Crisis.

The Infinitors gave thanks but delayed the answer(they were having some economical difficulties but didnt want to abandon Syl).A couple of numbers later the JSA dissappeared and when it reappeared the Infinity team was destroyed and many of its members dead/missing.

The closer we had to them joining was in the old JSA series when we had Atom Smasher and Hector as Dr Fate ,with Jade as reserve member ,and when they did find Lyta (Fury).In the Black Adam team there were other Infinity members as Albert ,Northwind and Brainwawe Jr who was cured in that storyarc and brought back with the JSA.

Later some of these charachters were senselessly killed again.

I think if E-2 is going to take the E-Two continuity it would take sense to sooner or later bring the Infinity crew into the JSA.Many Infinitors were 18-20 years old when the original series ,now they would be in their 25-28 years old .It would make sense them having their group for all these years but at some point joining the JSA.To keep their identity and name it would make sense to have the name Justice Society Infinity .It even gives a good sense of legacy ,a legacy that will never die as Hector told Mordru back in Princes of Darkness.

Now the problem would be how to make this operative.I would go for the split team ...one team in the East Coast with the older members and some young ones as Power Girl and Huntress and the other in the west coast with the original Infinity Inc and some new recruitments made over the years.They could have a central base somewhere in the middle of the country were they had their museum ,databases ,meetings etc.That would be great...that way both groups could keep their names ,their personality ,and be both the JSA and reunite when faced with big problems.

Old June 5th, 2008   ousooner1997 is offline   #7
ousooner1997

Justice Society Infinity just doesn't sound right to me. In fact, I can't thing of anything that does sounds good: Infinite Justice Society? Justice's Infinite Society? Society of Infinite Justice?

Anyway, an Earth-2 book would be great. 2 books even...JSA and Infinity, INC.

Old June 5th, 2008   Steve Danger is offline   #8
Steve Danger
Advanced Geoffan

I dunno... I could never really get behind the Infinity, Inc. kids... I mean, they're a great idea, and I could dig them being on their own team, but not their own book. But the Justice Society has that handled on their own now with their whole "legacy" heroes thing they have going on. I mean, wouldn't Damage and Tommy be on that team, being children of original JSA members? They'd all work so much better in the core JSA book.