The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Town Hall > ComicBlogs: The Voice of the People

ComicBlogs: The Voice of the People Everyone gets a blog, subscribe to others' blogs, get feeds, and more!

Old January 16th, 2007   booyah is offline   #353
booyah
Effing Awesome Horseman

Location: Arkham Asylum, revolving door for the Criminally Insane

I've been trying to get that message across for some time here. It does not appear to be working. I also want to re-stress my earlier point that girls can NOT be playaz. There is such thing as a "manizer". Being a playa means being part of a fraternity.
ddf
Dover Demon View Post
You are right, it isn't working, because I know for a fact that women CAN be "playaz" because I myself have been played by such women.
It sucks to on the receiving end of such treatment, which is why I have always made a concerted effort to never treat women that way. It's also why I have no respect for men (or women) who do.
That is all.

I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.....and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Old January 16th, 2007   Kandor Red is offline   #354
Kandor Red
Extended Leave of Absence

Hey man, don't hate the playa...hate the game!
ddf
Sharis the Bunny View Post
BAH! Parcheesi is STUPID!

"For all things there is a season...."
Old January 16th, 2007   crawfordcrow is offline   #355
crawfordcrow
Toffee Hammer Horseman

Ahhh ... hence the puppet avatar, lampchop.
ddf
Kandor Red View Post
Actually, no! I'm not Dover, sadly; I wish I'd thought of it first.

Old January 16th, 2007   Sharis the Bunny is offline   #356
Sharis the Bunny
Hare today...

I've been trying to get that message across for some time here. It does not appear to be working. I also want to re-stress my earlier point that girls can NOT be playaz. There is such thing as a "manizer". Being a playa means being part of a fraternity.
ddf
Dover Demon View Post
*ahem* We prefer "maneater."

Cue Hall & Oates...

Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses.
Old January 16th, 2007   Kandor Red is offline   #357
Kandor Red
Extended Leave of Absence

Actually, no! I'm not Dover, sadly; I wish I'd thought of it first.
ddf
crawfordcrow View Post
No, that's not what I'm saying.

I'm just grasping the brilliance of the puppet avatar in these circumstances ....

"For all things there is a season...."
Old January 17th, 2007   Not My Real Name is offline   #358
Not My Real Name*
The Invisible Horseman

You know, I think Dover Demon is quickly becoming one of my favorite posters.

Not only does he have his character nailed, but he is bafflingly successful in (a) getting people to take him seriously, either debating with him or by inspiring sincere responses - even the jokes at his expense seem to staunchly assume that he's being serious - as if he weren't just (probably one of the regulars around here, incognito) putting us on, and (b) somehow inspiring all of these spirited side debates which keep this thread perpetually alive.

It's Andy Kaufman... it's Borat... and he's doing it well. Kudos, playa. And, I have to ask... what do you consider your finest "playa" threads? I need some new wardrobe.
ddf
crawfordcrow View Post
The best is the work by Jason on this thread. He's the one I feel who has "gotten" it right from the start and adds to the hilarity.

II + II = VII
Old January 17th, 2007   Matches is offline   #359
Matches
stepping aside

ddf
crawfordcrow View Post
Mine too. Major props to Dover for keeping us entertained AND having a great sense of humor with respect to the little jokes at his expense. Well-played (or is that well playah-ed).

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old January 17th, 2007   TJLamb0518 is offline   #360
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Not only does he have his character nailed, but he is bafflingly successful in (a) getting people to take him seriously, either debating with him or by inspiring sincere responses - even the jokes at his expense seem to staunchly assume that he's being serious - as if he weren't just (probably one of the regulars around here, incognito) putting us on, and (b) somehow inspiring all of these spirited side debates which keep this thread perpetually alive.

It's Andy Kaufman... it's Borat... and he's doing it well. Kudos, playa. And, I have to ask... what do you consider your finest "playa" threads? I need some new wardrobe.
ddf
crawfordcrow View Post
Unfortunately, it's the ONLY thing he contributes to the board; a persona that (by his own admission) gets a large number of his threads locked away. And this is why I do NOT think he's a regular here under a nom de moron. When the mods are locking up so many threads and they're so....over the top, I'm pretty confident they already checked the old IP address to see if he's a regular. So either they're in on the joke or he's...totally unique.

Either way, I don't see him as Andy Kauffman or Borat. They both brought variety to the table (remember, Borat is just another persona of the person who brought us Ali G). Dover, if it's an act, is more like....Carrot Top. One schtick, beaten to death.

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old January 17th, 2007   Greg Owens is offline   #361
Greg Owens
Up Top Horseman

Well if this is a character bit than my hat is off to him. Mainly for the length of time he took to set it up from hie early days asking for advice on how to talk to girls to his subsequent re-invention as a gossip lovin' man whore.

Old January 17th, 2007   Dover Demon is offline   #362
Dover Demon
Advanced Geoffan

*ahem* We prefer "maneater."

Cue Hall & Oates...
ddf
Sharis the Bunny View Post
Really?! I can think of half a dozen names for female playaz, and they are definitely not suitable for this message forum. Let's face it, if a fella sleeps in different beds every night (much like Saddam Hussein did) he is universally worshipped, and rightfully so. If a dame does the same thing, she is condemned and ostracized (even by her own gender). That's the way it must remain. It creates order in an otherwise chaotic world.

Jor-El (Superman):

"This is no fantasy, no careless product of wild imagination."
Old January 17th, 2007   Matches is offline   #363
Matches
stepping aside

Really?! I can think of half a dozen names for female playaz, and they are definitely not suitable for this message forum. Let's face it, if a fella sleeps in different beds every night (much like Saddam Hussein did) he is universally worshipped, and rightfully so.
ddf
Dover Demon View Post
Well keep working at it. Being as universally loved as Sadaam Hussein is certainly a lofty goal.

Old January 17th, 2007   Dover Demon is offline   #364
Dover Demon
Advanced Geoffan

Well keep working at it. Being as universally loved as Sadaam Hussein is certainly a lofty goal.
ddf
Matches View Post
Many of the women I've scorned and spurned probably would want me to meet the same fate as Saddam. Fortunately, I remain even more elusive to the women I've jilted who want to track me down than Saddam ever was.

Jor-El (Superman):

"This is no fantasy, no careless product of wild imagination."
Old January 17th, 2007   Matt Olsen is offline   #365
Matt Olsen
Dark Lord of Daffodils

Many of the women I've scorned and spurned probably would want me to meet the same fate as Saddam. Fortunately, I remain even more elusive to the women I've jilted who want to track me down than Saddam ever was.
ddf
Dover Demon View Post
You might have missed some news recently...

"He's a semi-aquatic, egg-laying mammal of action..."
Old January 17th, 2007   Matches is offline   #366
Matches
stepping aside

ddf
Dover Demon View Post

Just hide upstairs. They'll never get to you.

Old January 17th, 2007   crawfordcrow is offline   #367
crawfordcrow
Toffee Hammer Horseman

Unfortunately, it's the ONLY thing he contributes to the board; a persona that (by his own admission) gets a large number of his threads locked away. And this is why I do NOT think he's a regular here under a nom de moron. When the mods are locking up so many threads and they're so....over the top, I'm pretty confident they already checked the old IP address to see if he's a regular. So either they're in on the joke or he's...totally unique.

Either way, I don't see him as Andy Kauffman or Borat. They both brought variety to the table (remember, Borat is just another persona of the person who brought us Ali G). Dover, if it's an act, is more like....Carrot Top. One schtick, beaten to death.
ddf
TJLamb0518 View Post
Listen to you, Tim... drinkin' your Haterade. I'm just trying to drop my compliments and get out as quickly as I can. It's this kind of hassle and entanglement that makes me terrified of posting on a wider variety of topics. I want to make announcements to the 'bloc, I don't want to stick around for the debate, yo. That's for defense attorneys and history professors... that's not a trap any playa wants to fall into.

Old January 17th, 2007   crawfordcrow is offline   #368
crawfordcrow
Toffee Hammer Horseman

Well if this is a character bit than my hat is off to him. Mainly for the length of time he took to set it up from hie early days asking for advice on how to talk to girls to his subsequent re-invention as a gossip lovin' man whore.
ddf
Greg Owens View Post
Playas have to reinvent themselves. Haven't you read the tales of woe that Dover's laid out about what makes a playa turn to the Playa Side? Playas are usually guys who have been walked all over and crushed, then decide to reinvent themselves and dish out their revenge cold.

Dover Demon the caterpillar became Dover Demon the butterfly. ...And we can say "we knew him when".