The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old October 26th, 2006   Bizarro #98 is offline   #1
Bizarro #98
Supreme Geoffan

Default Sinestro Corps and New Blue Beetle Interview: More Evidence of New Multiverse?

Please bear with me, this theory draws evidence from several places.

First: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...03/dcpanel.htm

Johns likened the Green Lantern project -- targeted for April -- as the next level of Green Lantern: Rebirth.

"The focus is setting up the kind of stories for the next year, and it's tied to what's going on in the DC Universe," Johns said.

"It's more candy for Green Lantern fans," said Van Sciver, who worked with Johns on a redesign for Sinestro on Saturday night.
ddf
Relevance: The Green Lantern Annual will feature the new Sinestro Corp and be tied into a larger event occuring in the DC Universe in 2007.

Next: http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=79802

Oh! And, the Sinestro Corps has its own Oa-type planet, has its own Guardians, has its own oath.
ddf
Relevance: The Sinestro Corp has its own Oa-like planet that serves as its base of operations and its own Guardian-like figures who make and distribute the sinestro rings.

Next: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinestro

The Guardians decided to punish Sinestro by banishing him to the "anti-matter universe", in particular, the alien world of Qward. Their motive for doing so was to humble Sinestro, by exiling him to a world ruled by evil and in particular, beings who hated the Guardians and the Green Lanterns. This would be a major miscalculation, as Sinestro instead was taken in by the Weaponers of Qward. The Weaponers were a group of warrior and scientists who hated the Guardians as much as Sinestro did and the two became allies, with the Weaponers offering to help Sinestro gain revenge on the Green Lantern Corps and the Guardians. Creating a yellow power ring for him to use, they sent him back to his home universe to seek his revenge.
ddf
Relevance: The creators of Sinestro's original yellow ring are the Weaponeers, who live on planet Qward, which exists in the center of the Anti-Matter Universe. This makes the Weaponeers the most likely candidates for the Sinestro Corps' Guardian-like figures and Qward the most likely candidate for the Sinestro Corps' Oa-like planet. Assuming this is the case, it would mean the Sinestro Corps is centrally operated from a parallel universe.

Next: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_Syndicate_of_America

The Crime Syndicate originally lived on Earth-Three, a world where history was "reversed" from the world we knew (e.g. President John Wilkes Booth was assassinated by Abraham Lincoln).

A post-Crisis version of the Crime Syndicate was eventually introduced.

The 1998 graphic novel JLA: Earth 2, established them as coming from a parallel Earth within the antimatter universe. Qward was retconned to be the center of the antimatter universe, rather than the entire universe itself.
ddf
Relevance: There is a parallel Earth in the Anti-Matter Universe, and that Earth is a revamped version of Earth-3 from the old multiverse.

Next: http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazi.../002148636.cfm

After restyling the new Blue Beetle in an extraterrestrial light, Giffen has begun exploring the nature of the scarab that burrowed into new Beetle Jaime Reyes’ spine.

“We know why Green Lanterns and Blue Beetles are meant to be cobras and mongooses, and that’s going to come to a head,” Giffen stated. “Put it this way: If Hal Jordan and Blue Beetle are standing side by side, they’re using all their willpower not to kill one another. And it’s not coming from them. It’s coming from the scarab embedded in Jaime’s spine and the ring on Hal’s finger.”
ddf
Relevance: The blue beetle scarab comes from outer space, just like the rings of the Green Lanterns and Sinestros. Whoever created the Scarab wanted to encourage its user to hate the agents of the Guardians, similar to how the Guardians and Weaponeers encourage the Green Lanterns and Sinestros to hate each other.

Next: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse_%28DC_Comics%29

Earth-Four

The former Charlton Comics heroes: Captain Atom, Blue Beetle, Nightshade, Peacemaker, The Question, Thunderbolt (Peter Cannon), and Judomaster.
ddf
Relevance: The blue beetle scarab was originally from Earth-4 in the old multiverse.

Finally: http://www.dccomics.com/news/?nw=6645

Keith Giffen. A crossover between universes is exactly what we need.
ddf
Relevance: Keith Giffen is involved in a project for 2007 that will feature a crossover between universes. Blue Beetle could be that project.

Theory: All (or at least several) universes in the new multiverse have their own Oa-like planet at their center, their own Guardian-like figures, and their own Green Lantern-like corps of color-coded warriors.

Example Universe
1. Oa-like planet
2. Guardian-like figures
3. Green Lantern-like corps

New Earth-1
1. Oa
2. Guardians
3. Green Lantern Corps

New Earth-3
1. Qward
2. Weaponeers
3. Sinestro Corps

New Earth-4
1. Unknown
2. Unknown
3. Blue Beetle Corps

What do you think? Is there a new multiverse, and does it have a rainbow of corps?

"Hahahaha! Me am great hero for scaring Bizarros!" - Yellow Lantern, Sinestro of Space Sector 1482
Old October 26th, 2006   imarriedsatanII is offline   #2
imarriedsatanII
Horseman of the Calypso

interesting theory. There was a thread or article (I can't remember which) where someone or groups of someones theorized on the various properties that different colored weapons would function on. I'll see if I can find it. Shades of this post and I seem to recall some creators getting in on it...

"Something profound" - Me
Old October 26th, 2006   holo2 is offline   #3
holo2
Advanced Geoffan

Good threading of these "events" which may make alot of sense.

"You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!"
Old October 26th, 2006   Gremlin is offline   #4
Gremlin
Mischievous sprite

Love it!

Grem-

Old October 27th, 2006   Thunderflash11 is offline   #5
Thunderflash11
Supreme Geoffan

I LOVE this concept, but i am seriously not enjoying how its an identical copy of the GLC but yellowified. I mean, their own guardians? that just doesn't make sense. i'll still read it though!

Old October 27th, 2006   Thunderflash11 is offline   #6
Thunderflash11
Supreme Geoffan

Example Universe
1. Oa-like planet
2. Guardian-like figures
3. Green Lantern-like corps

New Earth-1
1. Oa
2. Guardians
3. Green Lantern Corps

New Earth-3
1. Qward
2. Weaponeers
3. Sinestro Corps

New Earth-4
1. Unknown
2. Unknown
3. Blue Beetle Corps

What do you think? Is there a new multiverse, and does it have a rainbow of corps?
ddf
Bizarro #98 View Post
RAINBOW RAIDER CORPS!

Old October 27th, 2006   Wally West888 is offline   #7
Wally West888
Green Lantern's Light

Good theory, looks like We'll have to wait and See about to see if more then one more Earth returned or not.

A Green Lantern Overcomes Fear Everytime They Face It!-Hal Jordan-Green Lantern

Don't Call Me Superman...Call Me Superboy!-Conner Kent-Superboy
Old October 29th, 2006   scion969 is offline   #8
scion969
Advanced Geoffan

RAINBOW RAIDER CORPS!
ddf
Thunderflash11 View Post
You laugh now, but soon he'll be the most powerful character in any reality!

Old October 29th, 2006   Sean Boyle is offline   #9
Sean Boyle
Oppressor Mouse All-Star

I will say one thing: I definitely admire your research.

Old October 29th, 2006   Walking Deadman is offline   #10
Walking Deadman
Red Lantern Corp

Interesting.
Not sure I'm liking the premise, but very interesting.
I will be curious if we see a Red Corp or another colored Corp.

Also, if this is the case would the Beetle Corp. have the same reaction to the Sinestro Corp. or would they be pals?

Hmmmmmmm.....................

Now I got a blog- It Is What It Is:
http://walkingdeadmanblog.blogspot.com/
Old October 30th, 2006   leonmallett is offline   #11
leonmallett
comics fan

Slightly off-topic but continuing the thread that another hint was dropped in there re: multiverse; that Captain Atom: Armageddon and the Worldstorm relaunch ties into 52.

Old October 30th, 2006   Bizarro #98 is offline   #12
Bizarro #98
Supreme Geoffan

Okay guys, you know what I just realized today? There's even more evidence!

Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monitor_%28comics%29

The Monitor was born on Oa's moon, apparently as the living embodiment of all positive matter universes. But one of these universes was composed entirely of antimatter, and on the moon of Oa's counterpart, Qward, a hideous mockery of life was born from its very soil, a being that would come to be known as The Anti-Monitor.

The Monitor appears in shadow on the cover of the DCU: Brave New World Special; in the final pages of the comic five Monitors are revealed. One of them names the group "The Monitors."

One of the five is noticeably different from the others; although his back is turned, he clearly resembles the Anti-Monitor.
ddf
Relevance: The original Monitor was born from Oa's Moon, and the original Anti-Monitor was born from Qward's moon. The three other monitors seen at the end of Brave New World imply that there are (at least) three other planets like Oa and Qward, each at the center of it's own universe and each with a moon that birthed one of the new Monitors.

Oa's Moon - the new Monitor who looks almost exactly like the old one
Qward's Moon - the new Monitor who looks like the Anti-Monitor
Unknown's Moon - the frowny Monitor
Unknown's Moon - the button pushing Monitor
Unknown's Moon - the strolling Monitor

The existence of three other planets like Oa and Qward implies that there are three other alien races like the Guardians and Weaponeers. The existence of three other alien races like the Guardians and Weaponeers implies that there are two other organizations like the Green Lanterns, Sinestros, and Blue Beetles.

"Hahahaha! Me am great hero for scaring Bizarros!" - Yellow Lantern, Sinestro of Space Sector 1482
Old October 30th, 2006   Old Chum is offline   #13
Old Chum
Dark Lord of Cheapshots

Okay guys, you know what I just realized today? There's even more evidence!

Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monitor_%28comics%29

Relevance: The original Monitor was born from Oa's Moon, and the original Anti-Monitor was born from Qward's moon. The three other monitors seen at the end of Brave New World imply that there are (at least) three other planets like Oa and Qward, each at the center of it's own universe and each with a moon that birthed one of the new Monitors.

Oa's Moon - the new Monitor who looks almost exactly like the old one
Qward's Moon - the new Monitor who looks like the Anti-Monitor
Unknown's Moon - the frowny Monitor
Unknown's Moon - the button pushing Monitor
Unknown's Moon - the strolling Monitor

The existence of three other planets like Oa and Qward implies that there are three other alien races like the Guardians and Weaponeers. The existence of three other alien races like the Guardians and Weaponeers implies that there are two other organizations like the Green Lanterns, Sinestros, and Blue Beetles.
ddf
Bizarro #98 View Post

I feel sorry for the universe who gets Pink as their color.

Very interesting theory. Thats quite a huge bit of research you've done. Good Job!

"Life is white and I am Black. Jesus and his lawyers are coming back."-E
Old October 30th, 2006   fallentaco is offline   #14
fallentaco
The Lone Gunman

i really like this idea! it seems almost solid...a few holes, but hey, it's dc.

It was Stamford all over again only this time Nitro was the edge of Cap’s shield.-Joe Q
Old October 30th, 2006   Old Chum is offline   #15
Old Chum
Dark Lord of Cheapshots

i really like this idea! it seems almost solid...a few holes, but hey, it's dc.
ddf
fallentaco View Post
Yeah, but how are they going to fix New continuity problems?? Sbprime can punch reality walls anymore!

"Life is white and I am Black. Jesus and his lawyers are coming back."-E
Old November 18th, 2006   Bizarro #98 is offline   #16
Bizarro #98
Supreme Geoffan

Hey again, everyone. I just wanted to stop by and point out some lines from past issues of 52 that you might have missed, as these lines may very well support my theory.

First, from Week 24:

Amon Tomaz, for weeks now we have shown you and children like you the way of the red rage and the rock, and while others have taken the word of Cain to heart, you have not.
ddf
Whisper A'Daire
Next, from Week 28:

I shall devour you, just as the red rock and the rage shall devour all of Gotham, so it has been written, and so it shall come to pass.
ddf
Bruno Mannheim
Did you catch that? Two Intergang higher-ups both referenced a particular color (red), emotional aspect (rage), and object (rock), but not in the exact same way. I'm not trying to suggest that Intergang is some kind of "red corps", but perhaps the source of their mysterious new modus operandi and these crime bibles is connected to a universe where such a corps would exist.

Once again, let's make a quick chart:

corps - color - emotional aspect - object

Green Lantern - green - willpower - ring
Sinestro - yellow - fear - ring
Blue Beetle - blue - unknown - scarab
unknown - red - rage - rock

I may be reaching with this one, but the lines jumped out at me so much I felt I should bring them up.