The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old September 15th, 2009   KonFan78 is offline   #1
KonFan78
Advanced Geoffan

Default Superboy and Power Girl

I'm just curious if Kon ever became aware that Power Girl is his cousin ( kind of ). I remember back in the day Kon always making comments about how hot he thought Power Girl was. I just think it would be hysterical to see a panel where Clark overhears Conner making some adolecent comment about Power Girls looks, and telling him " you do know she's our cousin right", and the Ohh crap look on Kon's face would be priceless.

Old September 15th, 2009   heffison is offline   #2
heffison
Lapsed Reader

I'm just curious if Kon ever became aware that Power Girl is his cousin ( kind of ). I remember back in the day Kon always making comments about how hot he thought Power Girl was. I just think it would be hysterical to see a panel where Clark overhears Conner making some adolecent comment about Power Girls looks, and telling him " you do know she's our cousin right", and the Ohh crap look on Kon's face would be priceless.
ddf
KonFan78 View Post
I always thought he had the hots for her in part because he knew she wasn't really his cousin, but was close enough to make it seem kinky. Sort of like that joke where the boys from The Brady Bunch notice the girls and say "You know, they aren't really our sisters...."

Old September 16th, 2009   superboy650 is offline   #3
superboy650
Geoffan

Um... doesn't their familial ties get strained considering Power Girl is Kal-L's cousin from a no longer existant Earth-2 and Superboy is only a half-clone of Kal-El?

Ah... the confusion of multiple earths, cloning, and comics. At least time travel isn't involved.

Old September 16th, 2009   stephens2177 is offline   #4
stephens2177
persona non grata

me and conner always thought sharing a book with powergirl and linda danvers would be cool,aslong as they made conner be in the middle hehe.

Old September 16th, 2009   superchick is offline   #5
superchick
Neo Geoffan

eugh you guys are gross.

Zoo Keeping is a full time job!
ddf
Brainiac 5
Old September 16th, 2009   stephens2177 is offline   #6
stephens2177
persona non grata

oh yeah

Old September 16th, 2009   PyroTwilight is offline   #7
PyroTwilight
Supreme Geoffan

I doubt it's even an issue anymore since Conner's become more serious since his return and has a girlfriend (or doesn't? I can;t quite tell if they made up yet) and whenever a guy makes a Powergirl or Supergirl is hot joke in a story it's just a one line joke.

Old September 17th, 2009   ADGood is offline   #8
ADGood
I meant it in a good way

I doubt it's even an issue anymore since Conner's become more serious since his return and has a girlfriend (or doesn't? I can;t quite tell if they made up yet) and whenever a guy makes a Powergirl or Supergirl is hot joke in a story it's just a one line joke.
ddf
PyroTwilight View Post
They did the whole, "kissing while floating upwards," thing that they usually do in the Super-romances - so, for the time being, might as well just assume they're a couple again.

Old September 17th, 2009   Justin is offline   #9
Justin
Supreme Geoffan

Wait, that would mean Prime is Kon's father (well, one of them)--kind of.

"The truth, however shocking or uncomfortable, in the end leads to liberation and dignity." - Ricky Gervais
Old September 17th, 2009   TJLamb0518 is offline   #10
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

me and conner always thought
ddf
stephens2177 View Post

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old September 17th, 2009   stephens2177 is offline   #11
stephens2177
persona non grata

yep,we decided it would be for the best.

glad you agree FANBOY

Old September 17th, 2009   heffison is offline   #12
heffison
Lapsed Reader

ddf
KonFan78 View Post
You know, there was a panel with Kon and a Cir-El caught in some sort of bubble or something that was compressing around them, and Kon, after saying someone was trying to "squish them to death," wondered why couldn't it be Power Girl in there with him. I thought that was both a joke about a girl he thought was hotter, and comparing one S-related girl to another. I'd think he knew the connection at that point.

Old September 17th, 2009   stephens2177 is offline   #13
stephens2177
persona non grata

heff thats 1 of my favorite pics,done by ed "big guns" mcguiness.that issue cemented my desire for kon and cir to be bro/sis.

really who wouldnt want to be squashed to death with powergirl?

Old September 17th, 2009   scion969 is offline   #14
scion969
Advanced Geoffan

With, or by?

(I gotta quit postin' when I'm sleep deprived.)

Old September 17th, 2009   heffison is offline   #15
heffison
Lapsed Reader

really who wouldnt want to be squashed to death with powergirl?
ddf
stephens2177 View Post
Well, gay guys and straight girls. But even considering Power Girl's obvious...charms, I'd think Black Canary would be hotter. Maybe kinda wiry, though. What about squishin' with Vixen?

How old was Cir-El supposed to be, anyway? Power Girl's probably, what, late twenties/early thirties, depending on how old they decide Clark is? It's hard to guess because PG seems younger than Clark but she hangs with the older JSA crowd. But if Cir was young enough, maybe she still had some growing up to do.

Old September 17th, 2009   stephens2177 is offline   #16
stephens2177
persona non grata

i like tall meaty girls myself so ill stick to powergirl or wonder woman lol.

cir seemed to be about 15,with a 8 year olds emotional outbursts from time to time.

i always thought of powergirl as the same age as the titans (wally,dick,donna,garth etc.).