The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 10th, 2010   ConnorFan is offline   #1
ConnorFan
aka Alex Violette

Default Why should I(we) be reading Power Girl?

I noticed the sinking like a stone thread and I figured it might not be a bad idea to have a thread asking why the book should be selling much better, what it has to offer.

To be honest I personally have not given the Power Girl comic a fair shot, I saw the advertisement preview pages and while the art was good and the writing didn't seem bad, the overall direction seemed kinda hokey for me. It read like it was meant to be Power Girl lite, same big boobs but half the anger issues and intensity.

So for the fans, why should we be reading Power Girl?

And for those who haven't given it a shot or dropped it, what has you not reading Power Girl?