The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old April 22nd, 2013   Nightwing is offline   #17
Nightwing
Aerial Avenger

After finally re-reading it, best as I can tell:

The Civil War went very differently due to the formation of a Native American Alliance which caused the Union to have to fight on two fronts. The war lasted over a decade and was ended only by some sort of supernatural event. The US is now divided into seven territories.

Something has happened to the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, causing one of them to go missing and the other three to be "reborn" in 2064. In what appears to an earlier (?) time, they are hunting down people who have wronged them in some way. One of those people happens to be the President of the United States (just the union area or the whole thing?).

So questions to be answered:

- Where is Horseman #4?
- What are the items the three reborn Horsemen have with them in 2064?
- What happened to piss them off in the first place?
- How is the prophecy created by the three world leaders in the late 1800's/ early 1900's connected?

Any thoughts? Stuff I've missed or mis-interpreted? Obviously Hickman hasn't given us anything close to the whole picture yet.
ddf
Matches View Post
The 4th Horseman is the guy in white you find that out when he is with the President.

They items are clues to the people who tried to kill death before. Like the eye indicates the bartender, and the feather the tribal chief, etc.

They are pissed because they had to die to be reborn and Death was supposed to be there but they didn't succeed in killing him.

Those people "killed" death for the other Horsemen and that is why he is hunting them down now.

The Proper Office Of A Friend Is To Side With You When You Are In The Wrong. Nearly Anybody Will Side With You When You Are In The Right.
-Bart Allen
Old April 23rd, 2013   Matches is offline   #18
Matches
stepping aside

The 4th Horseman is the guy in white you find that out when he is with the President.
ddf
Nightwing View Post
Right. He's Death. But in the earlier scene in the bar, Death is there but one of the other horsemen is missing. It's not War because War is the woman - but who's not there and why?

They items are clues to the people who tried to kill death before. Like the eye indicates the bartender, and the feather the tribal chief, etc.

They are pissed because they had to die to be reborn and Death was supposed to be there but they didn't succeed in killing him.

Those people "killed" death for the other Horsemen and that is why he is hunting them down now.
ddf
Thank you; that makes sense.

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old April 30th, 2013   Matches is offline   #19
Matches
stepping aside

#2 contains a few interesting twists. Loved the bit of Death hunting down the successors to the President in order until he found one who would do what he wants.

Guesses on who the good guys and bad guys are here? Death being the bad guy seems apropos since he's.. death and all, but it's the other three horsemen who are trying to bring about the end of the world.

Also:
SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
Death is married?

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old April 30th, 2013   Mr. Wrong is offline   #20
Mr. Wrong
Supreme Geoffan

#2 contains a few interesting twists. Loved the bit of Death hunting down the successors to the President in order until he found one who would do what he wants.

Guesses on who the good guys and bad guys are here? Death being the bad guy seems apropos since he's.. death and all, but it's the other three horsemen who are trying to bring about the end of the world.

Also:
SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
Death is married?

ddf
Matches View Post
I *think* Death is the protagonist. (??)

Either way, read #2 last night, and I am really enjoying the book so far. Antonia LeVay cracked me up.

"HEY, KENT! YOU'VE GOT YOUR BIB ON BACKWARDS!"
Old April 30th, 2013   Alan is offline   #21
Alan
Supreme Geoffan

Couldn't find a copy of issue 2 in any of the three London shops I looked in on Saturday. I might just hang on for the trade now.

Old May 26th, 2013   Amentep is offline   #22
Amentep

- Where is Horseman #4?
- What are the items the three reborn Horsemen have with them in 2064?
- What happened to piss them off in the first place?
- How is the prophecy created by the three world leaders in the late 1800's/ early 1900's connected?

Any thoughts? Stuff I've missed or mis-interpreted? Obviously Hickman hasn't given us anything close to the whole picture yet.
ddf
Matches View Post
I think Death going against them is what pissed them off.

Near as I can tell, the prophecy is part of the 3 horsemen's apocalypse plan (3 horsemen, 3 parts of a prophecy)

I enjoyed the first two issues - definately interested in seeing where it ends up going.

Old June 5th, 2013   chasm is offline   #23
chasm
Master Geoffan

Just read Issue #3. The story always goes so fast, especially with those white pages, although I do like the effect they have on the flow of the narrative. The visuals are stunning too.

At least we now know what Death is looking for. Next issue looks like a Battle Royale. Can't wait. Loving this book more with each further chapter.

Old June 8th, 2013   RoseWilson is offline   #24
RoseWilson
Advanced Geoffan

I think I might be out. Sounds like most of you are enjoying it but for me Hickman just keeps losing ground with me lately. I loves his FF runs and I liked the early Mahattan Projects issues but since hle took over Avengers I've found him to be average at best. I find this book slightly hard to follow and lacking likeable characters.

Old June 8th, 2013   SmilingKnight is offline   #25
SmilingKnight
Advanced Geoffan

I think I might be out. Sounds like most of you are enjoying it but for me Hickman just keeps losing ground with me lately. I loves his FF runs and I liked the early Mahattan Projects issues but since hle took over Avengers I've found him to be average at best. I find this book slightly hard to follow and lacking likeable characters.
ddf
RoseWilson View Post
Yeah I don't like any of the characters, but I find them all interesting. Like 100 bullets.

"Things won by force must always be maintained and defended by force" Commander Hawkins, Voltron
Old June 14th, 2013   Amentep is offline   #26
Amentep

Enjoyed the third issue; curious to see what Mao thinks he has that can stymie death.