The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Back Issues: Geoff Johns

Back Issues: Geoff Johns Talk about Geoff's older work here

Old May 15th, 2009   SBTheKid is offline   #17
SBTheKid

Thanks for support. I am really looking forward to get my hands on the books now (bought them at ebay).
I hope to get more into Connor Kent by these books, too. I have to admit that I did not know too much about him yet.
ddf
madhatter View Post
Nice! Geoff really brought out the best in his character, being a fan himself from Superboy's start post-Death of Superman.

"In the end, we all are who we are...no matter how much we may appear to have changed." ~ Joss Whedon
Old May 16th, 2009   mandoImissmst3k is offline   #18
mandoImissmst3k
you should sue supercuts

For the sake of a dissenting opinion, while I thought his Titan's Run was an enjoyable enough read, I consider it pretty near the lower rung of Geoff's extended Runs on titles. It took a while for the book to find a groove in my eyes, then the status quo gets disrupted. oddly, when the status quo revision happens, I felt the book got its strongest, because that one arc after OYL had more of a .....sense of purpose than the previous 29 or so.

basically, I didn't think there was any sense of forward motion to Geoff's Teen Titans. It kind of felt like he spent the entire time setting things up.

Here's a spoiler: you will die alone.
Old May 16th, 2009   hawkman91 is offline   #19
hawkman91
Advanced Geoffan

ummmmmm no his run was the best the book has been... its suffered in his absence... you can pick up the first 3 trades for like 10 bucks a piece..... and he did an amazing job... for some reason every other writer that touches it feels the need to change so much that every story arc is drastic and bordering on inconsistant and confusing.

Old May 18th, 2009   TJLamb0518 is offline   #20
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Thanks for support. I am really looking forward to get my hands on the books now (bought them at ebay).
I hope to get more into Connor Kent by these books, too. I have to admit that I did not know too much about him yet.
ddf
madhatter View Post

If you start digging him and go into his own series (the first one)....you may want to just avoid the whole period of time near the end where he...was a janitor.

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old May 21st, 2009   The Krystal Method is offline   #21
The Krystal Method
My <:3_)~ likes HAUS

It was Geoff's run on TT that made me get into comics again after losing interest in them (after Lady Death pretty much disappeared). I'm sure you will enjoy his Teen Titans run as much as we all did. =)

"We tell lies about each other because the truth is such a bore."
Old June 7th, 2009   Tar-Ik is offline   #22
Tar-Ik
Advanced Geoffan

Geoff's run on Teen Titans made me a fan of Conner Kent and Bart Allan 2 chercters i never cared for before. I only picked it up cuz his name was on it. and I was hooked. When Jones left the title i gave the new guy one story arc to keep me onboard and he hasn't done it so it has been droped. Get the Jones run you will thank me.

why so serious?

twitter: tarik78
psn: tar-ik78
Old August 16th, 2009   Mundungus is offline   #23
Mundungus

Excellent stuff. Mike McKone also helped making it really pop.

Old August 22nd, 2009   SentryWill is offline   #24
SentryWill

Does his Beast Boy mini Titans Secret Files & Annual tie in to his Teen Titans run????

Old August 22nd, 2009   JRM is offline   #25
JRM
Jim, the Auld Phart

Does his Beast Boy mini Titans Secret Files & Annual tie in to his Teen Titans run????
ddf
SentryWill View Post
not really

J.

Uncle Raffe's Private Stock
Contents: lots of Knowledge, Opinions, and Excessive Honesty. May induce a Tendency to Ramble...

The LSH ... RIP
Old August 22nd, 2009   JRM is offline   #26
JRM
Jim, the Auld Phart

Geoff's run on Teen Titans made me a fan of Conner Kent and Bart Allan 2 chercters i never cared for before. I only picked it up cuz his name was on it. and I was hooked. When Jones left the title i gave the new guy one story arc to keep me onboard and he hasn't done it so it has been droped. Get the Jones run you will thank me.
ddf
Tar-Ik View Post
To be honest it was everyone but Bart and Kon that I thought he did an excellent job on. Those two just didnot have the same voice that they had prior to issue one. It was like they had a massive personality change between the end of YJ and the start of TT.

Want some thing really good by Geoff, check out the 2 Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E. trades, well worth the coin!

Jim

Uncle Raffe's Private Stock
Contents: lots of Knowledge, Opinions, and Excessive Honesty. May induce a Tendency to Ramble...

The LSH ... RIP
Old August 23rd, 2009   DeTroyes is offline   #27
DeTroyes
Dagnabbit!

Location: Miskatonic University, Dept. of Ancient Manuscripts

ddf
SentryWill View Post
Would that it did.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Gar's mini series may now be out of continuity. And the writers lately have certainly been writing Gar like he hasn't grown at all since 1985. Blah.

At least the mini is collected.

Beast Boy/Raven 'shipper

Where is John Galt?

Looking for meaning, searching for answers, finding nothing but loose change and pocket lint.
Old August 28th, 2009   creeper23 is offline   #28
creeper23

I loved the Beast Boy mini-series and thought it did a great job of maturing both him and Flamebird. I'd kinda hoped they'd continue.

His run on Teen Titans was well done and all without killing off an entire team.