The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old June 19th, 2008   SmilingKnight is offline   #1
SmilingKnight
Advanced Geoffan

Default Ultimate FF #54

WOW! I did not see that last page coming at all!
But looking back at the history of the 616 FF and the current state of the ultimate version, I really should have.

I buy everything Carey writes, so I was in this story to the end anyway, but the idea of the seven didn't appeal to me. But well, that last splash page...

SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
Namor rescuing Sue takes this story in a completely different direction, and I'm really excited to see where it goes

"Things won by force must always be maintained and defended by force" Commander Hawkins, Voltron
Old June 20th, 2008   jafabian is offline   #2
jafabian
I’m not dead.

Ultimate Namor is interesting, I'll give him that. I'm wondering if his appearence will kick start Reed and Sue's relationship.

I'm not liking how Reed is being written lately. He's coming across a lot like his regular continuity counterpart. I think I like the regular Salem's Seven better, though this version of Agatha Harkness is cool.

Old June 20th, 2008   chrisbenes is offline   #3
chrisbenes
No Pants Friday EVC

I'm digging this story. This is such an under rated book IMO. I think it reads better as a whole so I sometimes wait for an arc to finish before I read it. But this new arc is great. Can't wait to see more of Namor next issue.

Old June 21st, 2008   Hierarch555 is offline   #4
Hierarch555
Master Geoffan

I love Mike Carey's FF but I haven't been getting the book because Tyler Kirkham's art really is not a good fit. Maybe I'll get it in trade.

Superman: "You can't predict the outcome of every action. You can't stop every injustice simultaneously. But you have to try, don't you?"
Old June 22nd, 2008   MrRoboto2.0 is offline   #5
MrRoboto2.0

I'm not sure what to think, every time I read this book, it feels like it has no idea where to go, so it justs shocks me at the end.

"Fighting is wrong unless it's in a hockey rink"
Old June 22nd, 2008   SmilingKnight is offline   #6
SmilingKnight
Advanced Geoffan

I've found that's usually how Mike Carey works, you have no idea where it's going until it gets there. But if you read it again, you can see where you should have been expecting the twists the whole time

"Things won by force must always be maintained and defended by force" Commander Hawkins, Voltron
Old June 23rd, 2008   .osid is offline   #7
.osid

I love Mike Carey's FF but I haven't been getting the book because Tyler Kirkham's art really is not a good fit. Maybe I'll get it in trade.
ddf
Hierarch555 View Post
i totally agree with your statement about Kirkham's art not a good fit for this book...but i must admit that it was somewhat improved this issue...not much though...i would rather see someone like Duncan Rouleau on art duty for this book...i think his style would be a perfect fit...

well come on you ****ers think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some ****...huh i'll ****ing take all you on...