The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old May 20th, 2008   Jake1823 is offline   #33
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

It wasn't really the same story, as in 52. The characters went in a completely different direction, really.

Where is everybody?
Old May 20th, 2008   BrianT is offline   #34
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

Hopefully, John Henry Irons can get a shot at a solo title now.

And I'd definitely check out an INFINITY, INC. or YOUNG ALL-STARS title featuring JSA-related characters.

Philadelphia Comic Book Examiner
Twitter: PAComicExaminer

Subscribe to my page
Old May 20th, 2008   Jeff Shabazz is offline   #35
Jeff Shabazz
persona non grata

Cmon guys you had to see this one coming the day issue #1 hit the stands. I mean cmon Chris. Cmon.

Old May 20th, 2008   dl316bh is offline   #36
dl316bh
Supreme Geoffan

This book excelled at taking a fresh and original take on superheroing, but I guess it just wasn't peoples' cup of tea. I wish more people would have given it more of a chance, because it really was a lot of fun-- kind of a David Lynch/ David Cronenberg take on the DCU.
ddf
Joey Wilson View Post
Some of the reasons a lot of people didn't seem to like it tended to be because it was overly depressing or such. Perhaps with a little less of that, it might have kept an audience of some kind.

This is really the only place I've seen anyone who liked it. I was under the impression just about everyone hated the book considering all the negativity elsewhere. Hell, some review sites just stopped bothering with the series.

Old May 20th, 2008   Jake1823 is offline   #37
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Folks at 'Rama tended to be split.

And really, a lot of the reviews I saw addressed 1 of 2 things:

1) That this wasn't the original Infinity, Inc.

and 2) that they were surprised b/c this went in a different direction than in 52.

Where is everybody?
Old May 21st, 2008   Scott Mateo is offline   #38
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

People should know by now...

Infinity Inc. doesn't last long after you kill the Skyman.

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis
Old May 21st, 2008   sylpemberton is offline   #39
sylpemberton
A Ginger Horseman

Location: Wish I could say New York but no I'm stuck twelve hours North East by car...

add me to the list who just wasn't interested in an 'infinity inc' in name only.

i want the originals back, or some ties to the jsa, or something that makes me say this is infinity inc.

this was never infinity inc to me...and if i had to pick a subplot in '52' that did bore me to tears it was about this team.

i easily walked by and never picked up an issue...

Old May 21st, 2008   nova64 is offline   #40
nova64
Neo Geoffan

add me to the list who just wasn't interested in an 'infinity inc' in name only.

i want the originals back, or some ties to the jsa, or something that makes me say this is infinity inc.

this was never infinity inc to me...and if i had to pick a subplot in '52' that did bore me to tears it was about this team.

i easily walked by and never picked up an issue...
ddf
sylpemberton View Post
Same here. I was such a huge fan of the original team. I got the issue of 52 where this new team was formed and didn't bother picking up anything else.

I'm extremely excited about the JSA Annual with the Earth 2 Infinity Inc. on the cover, though!

Doug

Learn More About Nova: The Human Rocket -
Nova Prime Page
Old May 21st, 2008   Holiday is offline   #41
Holiday
White Pawn

I picked up the book when it first came out and was really confused as to why they went in a different direction. I picked it up again when Pete Wood took over the art duties, but I dropped it after the stories didn't interest me at all.

It had a lot of potential, but it just really never got off the ground in my opinion. Like others have said, I am looking forward to the new JSA Annual since it includes the real Infinity, Inc. You really can't beat the original.

"Has the world become too fast for you?

Nope, the world is finally catching up." -Barry Allen
Old May 21st, 2008   imnosuperman is offline   #42
imnosuperman
Master Geoffan

Y'know, I'm thinking that if they had changed the name from "Infinity Inc." to something else, it might have attracted a larger audience. People complain about them taking the names, but they didn't even have codenames until #8, and even then they weren't II names! The ***-hole kids we found uninteresting from 52 were new and entirely different characters, with each fitting a different niche in the team. Now granted, Milligan could have used some time explaining certain parts of it, but I think he did a fine job. He made me like Erik Strom and Natasha Irons, two characters I either didn't care for or hated in 52. And the original artwork, while messy in some parts, was great at others, and definitely made the scenes with Kid Empty interesting (and slightly freaky) to me.

And that's all I have to say about that.
Last edited by TitansFan; May 22nd, 2008 at 08:11 AM. Reason: please dont circumvent the swear word filter

Will Work For Comics

Like RPing? Then check this forum out: http://z13.invisionfree.com/DC_The_New_Heroes
Old May 21st, 2008   SageShinigami is offline   #43
SageShinigami
Master Geoffan

I can't believe the sales got that low,then again it was about COMPLETELY new characters which comic book fans don't seem to be a fan of (Old codenames aside)
ddf
Mill4rd View Post
Nope. When do fans care about anything that happened after how comics were when they were 9-10?

That said, this title being cancelled isn't all that much of a shock. I read every issue and I rarely left feeling more for it than "eh", and I like nearly everything.

Wonder what they'll replace this with?

Old May 21st, 2008   .:Sr Martinz:. is offline   #44
.:Sr Martinz:.

I am sorry about the cancellation of the title.
I also prtefered Natasha when she was using the Steel armor.
If they were givin' her powers, the best approach would be tech based on

Old May 21st, 2008   dmudd123 is offline   #45
dmudd123

It wasn't really the same story, as in 52. The characters went in a completely different direction, really.
ddf
Jake1823 View Post
No, it wasn't the same story as in 52...it was a continuation: a look at what happened to these characters after making the choices they did.

This is what I like the most about the book. These were [email protected]#hole kids who got powers and the world handed to them. Speaking about Natasha, the only thing missing for me was someone telling her "we make our own choices, we pay our own prices".

ddf
sylpemberton View Post

It's impossible for the original Infinity to come back...take a re-read of Johns' JSA: most of them died, apparently so someone else could come back. I don't know. As much as i liked JSA, enough has happened so that it's nearly impossible for the original team to return.

But I will agree with a number of you on one thing: I don't think this team (in 52 or otherwise) should have been called Infinity, Inc. at all. There is VERY little relationship to the originaol series...even though I like this book. Sad it is getting cancelled, but I wonder if the many cancellations are also due to "there are too many books, and with gas prices like they are...a lot of us can't afford to be as liberated with our comic buying."

Old May 22nd, 2008   Matt Camp is offline   #46
Matt Camp

Pete Woods definitely needs another pencilling gig and fast. No fun to be announced as the new ongoing penciller and then your run only lasts 3 issues.

The other thing I want to know is, with Matt Camp doing all these Infinity issues, what the heck ever happened to Zero Killer from Dark Horse?
ddf
Evan Meadow View Post

I was sad to hear the book was getting cancelled as well, I was looking forward to doing more fill ins during Pete's run, it's nice to have to keep up with someone you respect as much as I do Pete. Plus I thought the book had great potential especially with the hard part of introductions behind it, it was also a lot of fun working on.

And Zero Killer is being drawn right as soon as I hit the reply button for this post.

Old May 22nd, 2008   Gorbunov Andrey is offline   #47
Gorbunov Andrey
Neo Geoffan

Pity. I thought that with Milligan's direction and enough promotion the whole Everyman Project might become DC's X-men. Maybe they should relaunch this concept under Everyman banner and with more mainstream writer, because Milligan's one of the best but still he's too "weird" for mass public.

communistic bastard
Old May 25th, 2008   Diomedes1977 is offline   #48
Diomedes1977

I am 100% for a Infinity Inc. book ....if it has something to do with the original Infinity thats it.

I just dont get who was the genius behind this new Infinity series.When you relaunch a team you relaunch the series to attract new readers with a new numeration and creative team ,but you also bank on the old team fans by including at least half the original crew or some kind of connection.

But not with Infinity ...they have relaunched most of DC superteams with a vision very close to the "classic" version (JLA,Legion,Outsiders,Teen Titans) but Infinity Inc. fans had to swallow a group of depressive nobodies that hadnt anything to do with original Infinity Inc. or JSA.

Considering that the book was doomed from the word go.Infinity Inc. fans hated it with a passion for substituting our beloved heroes and new readers were too few to keep the book going.

Just bring back the classic Infinity Inc. version and stop playing with fans feelings.