The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Television, Movies and Animation

Television, Movies and Animation aka The Talkies!

Old May 19th, 2008   ADGood is offline   #17
ADGood
I meant it in a good way

Downey's only contracted for two movies? But doesn't that mean that they pretty much have to do the whole, "drunk Tony gets an intervention by way of War Machine's fists," plotline sometime in the next flick?

Old May 20th, 2008   Asahi is offline   #18
Asahi
persona non grata

I love the fact that all it takes is one ten-second cameo by Sam Jackson, and, "Marvel wins! They have a universe!" It was a fun extra. And it'll be great if it pans out into something. But, personally, I'm just as content to wait until something actually happens before drawing definitive conclusions about whether it was a success.
ddf
ADGood View Post
I think people are excited because Marvel *seems* to have a plan both in place and motion.

Old May 20th, 2008   Gremlin is offline   #19
Gremlin
Mischievous sprite

He has a huge Marvel Bias.
ddf
Mill4rd View Post
I have to admit to having a huge DC bias in absolutely every way and that said, Marvel is completely kicking DC's arse in terms of movies in every imaginable way. The interlacing of their movies into a universe is merely the latest way. I also hope that Dark Knight kills off the new Batman movies for awhile. The first of these Batman movies was terrible and slow and this newest one looks like such a horrid misfire that I just hope that Batman comes back completely and totally different in a couple of years. I also need to say that the Spirit looks bloody awful--and this is after Frank Miller swore up and down that he would be faithful to the source material. The only thing that he looks faithful to is retreading the same visual look he employed in Sin City...

Grem-

Old May 20th, 2008   mpjedi2 is offline   #20
mpjedi2
Mark Pracht

I have to admit to having a huge DC bias in absolutely every way and that said, Marvel is completely kicking DC's arse in terms of movies in every imaginable way. The interlacing of their movies into a universe is merely the latest way. I also hope that Dark Knight kills off the new Batman movies for awhile. The first of these Batman movies was terrible and slow and this newest one looks like such a horrid misfire that I just hope that Batman comes back completely and totally different in a couple of years. I also need to say that the Spirit looks bloody awful--and this is after Frank Miller swore up and down that he would be faithful to the source material. The only thing that he looks faithful to is retreading the same visual look he employed in Sin City...

Grem-
ddf
Gremlin View Post
Agree on The Spirit
(However, it must be said...DC doesn't own this property, the Eisner estate does, and it's not a Warner Brothers Production)

Couldn't disagree more with Batman Begins...Sorry.
Last edited by mpjedi2; May 20th, 2008 at 10:03 AM.

Old May 20th, 2008   mpjedi2 is offline   #21
mpjedi2
Mark Pracht

Downey's only contracted for two movies? But doesn't that mean that they pretty much have to do the whole, "drunk Tony gets an intervention by way of War Machine's fists," plotline sometime in the next flick?
ddf
ADGood View Post
Yep.

AND Thor.

AND the Mandarian. (Or more of the "Ten Rings" Organization...Which was an excellent re-working of the Mandarian into a less "mystical" form...fitting with the style and feel of the movie.)

AND whatever else Favreau and team want to explore with the character.

AND all the other stuff Marvel Productions will force feed the creative team.
(Think Spider-Man 3, or X-Men 3)

Here's an idea...hire filmmakers who are excited by, and understand, the material...and let them make the movie.