The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Marvel Comics

Marvel Comics The House of Ideas. 'Nuff Said!

Old 1 Week Ago   superfriend is offline   #81
superfriend
laughs at comics

I really can't say I have any interest in Secret Empire. So unless one of the titles I read tie in it or the reviews for the story are really, really good, I most likely won't be paying it any attention.
ddf
Amentep View Post
same.

i read Aaron's Thor and Dr. Strange and Lemire's MK. oh, and Daredevil. to my knowledge there hasn't been a mention of SE in those books.

observe everything, admire nothing
Old 1 Week Ago   Astro@work is offline   #82
Slackerville Beer Gymnast

I really can't say I have any interest in Secret Empire. So unless one of the titles I read tie in it or the reviews for the story are really, really good, I most likely won't be paying it any attention.
ddf
Amentep View Post
Likewise. I haven't bought much Marvel in the last five years, but I HAVE bought all the crossover event main titles. I've been so disappointed I really don't think I have any interest in another one right now.

"I slack, therefore I am". www.galaxyheroes.com
Old 1 Week Ago   Amentep is offline   #83
Amentep

I've bought a good bit of Marvel (I like off-beat characters and experimental art in superhero books so some of their fringe titles may be more to my taste than others).

But I usually buy cross-overs based on word of mouth or the subject. This subject doesn't really interest me though.

This kind of leads into the fact I read the most recent issue of HULK. Its not really a great Hulk (or She-Hulk either) title so far, but it has actually been a decent drama set in the Marvel Universe about characters dealing with PTSD from life altering events. Probably not for everyone though (in that way it reminds me of Patsy Walker in that it also wasn't really a superhero comic, but a look at romance comics through the MU lens of superhero stories; however unlike that title I find Hulk to be managing to hold together better.

Old 6 Days Ago   Astro@work is offline   #84
Slackerville Beer Gymnast

X-Men Prime : After protesting the umpteen million X-reboots for the last ten years, I decided to dabble again. This was actually a pleasant read. Bringing Kitty back added some heart to the X universe. (Something sorely lacking in the charmless I vs. X mini). I still struggle with ancient Logan and time displaced originals, but this issue was a good reentry point.

[b]Champions #7 [b]: Loved seeing Vision in the father role, and also the ironic commentary on legal ownership of the Chapions name. (Mirroring real life where the name was tied up in courts for years before Marvel got it back). I continue to enjoy that this book doesn't rely on the 6 issue longform arcs that quickly kill new comics. The Champions remains unconventional in many ways and I'm hoping to God it doesn't get destroyed by Marvel's next big event, like every other book for the last 5-10 years.

"I slack, therefore I am". www.galaxyheroes.com
Old 4 Days Ago   starks is offline   #85
starks
Geoffan

I'm going to be dabbling into the X books soon too. Going to try out Jean Grey, Mutant X, X-Men Blue & X-Men Gold.

Old 2 Days Ago   Matches is offline   #86
Matches
stepping aside

Well it sounds like I'm the only one reading Secret Empire but #0 came out this week, with

SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
Cap revealing his HYDRA allegiance to the world while betraying pretty much all the other superheroes.

One thing I do find interesting is the idea that the Cap-HYDRA timeline was the original timeline, and that the Allies altered history at the end of WWII to create the timeline with which we are familiar. Interesting twist, not sure where they're headed with that.

@allstarmatches on Twitter.