The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Television, Movies and Animation

Television, Movies and Animation aka The Talkies!

Old July 15th, 2013   jafabian is offline   #1
jafabian
Iím not dead.

Wink Glee star Cory Montieth dies at age 31

From eonline: Glee Star Cory Monteith Dead at 31: Celebs React to the News

Very sad news. I thought he was very talented. All the original cast really.

Old July 16th, 2013   Matt Olsen is offline   #2
Matt Olsen
Dark Lord of Daffodils

Heroine and alcohol
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/16/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t1

"He's a semi-aquatic, egg-laying mammal of action..."
Old July 17th, 2013   Lady Obie is offline   #3
Lady Obie
Supreme Geoffan

It's just a heartbreaker.

I am a gleek and he played one of my fave characters on the show.

Plus from what I read, he seemed like a good guy away from the cameras too.

We see far too many young people, celebs and even non-celebs, die from these addiction nightmares.

It seemed like he was well on the way to conquering his demons but it looked like his demons wanted to eat him up and spit him out instead!

R.I.P. to him and my sincerest condolences to all of his loved ones.

Jade: I'll take care of it for you, Obie.

Atom: Obie!? You call a thing like that--OBIE??

-- All-Star Squadron #25
Old July 17th, 2013   jafabian is offline   #4
jafabian
Iím not dead.

He was out with a bunch of friends that night. It's possible one of them gave him the heroin. Not really a friend when it's known that Montieth completed rehab earlier this year.

Old July 18th, 2013   Lady Obie is offline   #5
Lady Obie
Supreme Geoffan

He was out with a bunch of friends that night. It's possible one of them gave him the heroin. Not really a friend when it's known that Montieth completed rehab earlier this year.
ddf
jafabian View Post
Yeah, the "friend" probably just wanted to party and Cory probably just went along for the ride not realizing how much danger he was in and went back to the hotel when he started feeling bad to sleep it off without realizing he might have needed medical help.

I just can't wax poetic in this case and say it was his time to die, that g-d needed him or anything like that because it seemed like he had so much to live for and it just ended in a stupid instant when he took the drugs and booze!

I mean if someone really did slip him the drugs against his will (by spiking a drink or something like that) his family might have a case for criminal charges but it would be up to them on if they'd want to pursue that.

-- All-Star Squadron #25
Old July 18th, 2013   Lady Obie is offline   #6
Lady Obie
Supreme Geoffan

Unfortunately that's also sadly reminding me of the case the late great Carroll O'Connor pursued against a drug pusher because of the similarly sad death of his son Hugh several years ago, info here for anyone who wants the info: http://www.cnn.com/US/9707/25/oconnor.larry.king/

I hoped that when Carroll passed on that he was reunited with his son.

-- All-Star Squadron #25
Old July 29th, 2013   Lady Obie is offline   #7
Lady Obie
Supreme Geoffan

Well, we may not have too many other poster gleeks but in case we have any lurker gleeks who want the info, it looks like Glee will be returning on 9/26/13 with 3 eps, the 1st 2 will be Beatles tribute eps that were planned back in May and then the 3rd ep will be a tribute ep for Finn featuring the confirmation that his character will pass away too.

And after that the show will go on hiatus for a while while to allow time for the cast and crew to figure out how to continue the show without Finn.

I will miss what I'm sure would've been some awesome performances by Cory during those Beatles eps and what he would've done in the show beyond that.

I sincerely hope Glee makes it back after that hiatus for at least a few more eps so the series doesn't end on a sad note. I'd rather see it end on a hopeful note though I know these are hard times for the cast and crew.

-- All-Star Squadron #25
Old July 30th, 2013   jafabian is offline   #8
jafabian
Iím not dead.

The original cast of Mckinley High students might finally get a gentle push aside for the current cast. Last season there was just too many subplots going on. The star of the series should be Matthew Morrison and Jane Lynch but after season one it went to Cory, Lea, Chris and Darren.

Old July 30th, 2013   Lady Obie is offline   #9
Lady Obie
Supreme Geoffan

The original cast of Mckinley High students might finally get a gentle push aside for the current cast. Last season there was just too many subplots going on. The star of the series should be Matthew Morrison and Jane Lynch but after season one it went to Cory, Lea, Chris and Darren.
ddf
jafabian View Post
It seemed in the last season that they had Cory's character Finn helping out Mr. Shu a lot as choir director.

It made me wonder if they might have been setting Mr. Shu up to leave the show and to have Finn take his place, of course if Cory had still been alive and able to do so.

They did say the 1st 2 season 5 eps would've focused on Finn. Could Finn taking over as the New Directions director been part of that story?

Ah we'll never know.

I adore Matt and Jane but wonder what the future will hold for their characters.

Sadly of the 4 new main characters you described, Glee is definitely going to be down one of them and quite possibly 2.

From what I've seen Lea has been a real trooper but I wonder if she'll make it to the end of the season or if she'll just do those 1st 3 eps then either take a break from the show for a while or perhaps leave it permanently.

I'm sure the show will scramble to find 1 or maybe 2 if needed young budding entertainers to take Cory's and if needed Lea's place unless they decide to promote existing characters to do that.

-- All-Star Squadron #25