The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Town Hall > Web Site Issues/ Suggestions

Web Site Issues/ Suggestions Give us your feedback, make suggestions

Old October 30th, 2015   thbriboy is offline   #1
thbriboy

Default My IP address is blocked?

Dear admins,

For the past several months, every time I've tried to access the site at home I get slapped with a message saying that my IP address has been blocked, and that I need to contact you regarding the matter. I DID try to contact you, with no response, so now I'm posting this thread. I'm darn confused as to why my IP address is blocked, since it's just my house (I'm writing this using a public wifi spot). Please help!

If anyone needs me, I'll be hangin' out BEYOND PHOBOS!
Old October 30th, 2015   jafabian is offline   #2
jafabian
Iím not dead.

This is the first time I've heard of this. Try a couple things: clear out your cookies and cache then try to log in. If that doesn't work then use another browser. Since you're at a public site and things are working fine I'm not sure if maybe it's your ISP? If you still can't will need to know what you're using to access the Internet: what kind of PC, table or phone. Also what browsers you're using and who your service is thru. I'll also have Spoon take a look.

Also if you recently upgraded your security software or added a firewall you might have to list comicbloc.com as an authorized site. This has happened to me at a hotel I go to once a year.
Last edited by jafabian; October 31st, 2015 at 05:38 AM.

Old December 15th, 2015   jafabian is offline   #3
jafabian
Iím not dead.

Sent you a message. PM me when you see it.

Old January 5th, 2016   magicspoon is offline   #4
magicspoon
Eye See You

Hey there,

Since you're periodically able to post - and periodically not - your IP addresses are changing - which is to be expected from using public WiFi, as it's reassigning every time you join. I can't see your IP addresses when you are blocked if you don't post and we don't catch it that day. I only see your current IP.

The likelihood is that one of the random blocks it is assigning to you IS being banned (probably because some random ******* we banned was using the same IP prefix). So what I need you to do next time you're blocked is get your public IP address on your computer and email that to me so I can troubleshoot. In the meantime, I've done what i can - fixed your timezone, increased your posting rights.

There's nothing in your profile proper to show that you've been banned or blocked secretly, fwiw.

"Habagase, Get in the Room!"
http://www.harmoniousgrid.com/
Old January 5th, 2016   magicspoon is offline   #5
magicspoon
Eye See You

Also, your public IP address will be different than your internal home Ip address (eg, don't send me the 192.168.*.* address)

"Habagase, Get in the Room!"
http://www.harmoniousgrid.com/