The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old June 4th, 2008   .:Sr Martinz:. is offline   #1
.:Sr Martinz:.

Default Infinity Inc. : Cancel and Re-Launch

Greetings!

As you all may already know, the Infinity Inc. title will be (has been) canceled.
I think that Infinity Inc. work for JSA the same Teen Titans work for Titans/JLA
The reason of the end of the book , I guess, was the misportrait fof some characters. natasha becoming Starlight and having "Mist" powers wasn't cool. Matrix from old Supergirl series was nice, and Mercy too. John Henry deserves to be on JSA, as legacy to Natasha and friendsip with Kal-El.

Bring back the title with Natasha with some tech-based powers or/and with Steel armor, Steel should go to JSA with his powers from 52. The kids from JSA would go to Infinity Inc (Jakeen, Stargirl, Wildcat, Lighting), bring back Jade etc.

I read the old series and it was as good as the new one COULD HAVE BEEN.
What do you all think?

Best Regards!

.:Cogito Ergo Sum:.

.:ORBVERSE COMICS:.
A NEW CONCEPT ABOUT HEROES

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: Sr Martinz
PSN ID: Sr_Martinz
Old June 4th, 2008   imnosuperman is offline   #2
imnosuperman
Master Geoffan

Greetings!

As you all may already know, the Infinity Inc. title will be (has been) canceled.
I think that Infinity Inc. work for JSA the same Teen Titans work for Titans/JLA
The reason of the end of the book , I guess, was the misportrait fof some characters. natasha becoming Starlight and having "Mist" powers wasn't cool. Matrix from old Supergirl series was nice, and Mercy too. John Henry deserves to be on JSA, as legacy to Natasha and friendsip with Kal-El.

Bring back the title with Natasha with some tech-based powers or/and with Steel armor, Steel should go to JSA with his powers from 52. The kids from JSA would go to Infinity Inc (Jakeen, Stargirl, Wildcat, Lighting), bring back Jade etc.

I read the old series and it was as good as the new one COULD HAVE BEEN.
What do you all think?

Best Regards!
ddf
.:Sr Martinz:. View Post
The way I see it is this: few people are willing to call these kids Infinity Inc. in the first place. In the relaunch, none of the characters shared any of the codenames with the original II; that ended when they lost their powers in 52. The characters we have in the new book are (mostly) original, and ought to have a mini, but with a new writer.

That said, I would like to see a few of the younger characters from JSA work alongside the team, and get some training in.

Will Work For Comics

Like RPing? Then check this forum out: http://z13.invisionfree.com/DC_The_New_Heroes
Old June 4th, 2008   .:Sr Martinz:. is offline   #3
.:Sr Martinz:.

The way I see it is this: few people are willing to call these kids Infinity Inc. in the first place. In the relaunch, none of the characters shared any of the codenames with the original II; that ended when they lost their powers in 52. The characters we have in the new book are (mostly) original, and ought to have a mini, but with a new writer.

That said, I would like to see a few of the younger characters from JSA work alongside the team, and get some training in.
ddf
imnosuperman View Post
Agreed.
They would e trained to be the next gen of super heroes

.:Cogito Ergo Sum:.

.:ORBVERSE COMICS:.
A NEW CONCEPT ABOUT HEROES

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: Sr Martinz
PSN ID: Sr_Martinz
Old June 17th, 2008   Samy is offline   #4
Samy
Neo Geoffan

I won't mind reading about a group of ex-Everymen, but if that's what you want to tell a story about, call it EVERYMEN.

If you give me a book called INFINITY INC, I want to be reading about Hec, Lyta, Todd, Jade, Al and the rest.

I hate bait and switches and spit on them. You want me to give a new property a fair shot, give it a new name instead of graverobbing. Very unclassy.

Old June 17th, 2008   BrianT is offline   #5
BrianT
@PAComicExaminer

I'd put Steel and Natasha in a new STEEL series. They can deal with the Everyman Project fallout there. Or just move them back to D.C. or whatever.

Obsidian, Liberty Belle, Hourman II, Damage, Northwind, Power Girl, Brainwave, Atom Smasher and Willpower could reclaim the INFINITY INC. name.

Stargirl, Cyclone, Jakeem Thunder, Wildcat III, and Lightning could be the YOUNG ALL-STARS.

They brought back Matrix? How was that handled?

Philadelphia Comic Book Examiner
Twitter: PAComicExaminer

Subscribe to my page
Old June 29th, 2008   >>Riz! is offline   #6
>>Riz!
Advanced Geoffan

I quite liked the team and would have liked to keep the series going. (But I was one of the few people who liked the Jurgens Teen Titans... well...)
They were introduced with the name Infinity Inc during 52, so I think it was good to keep the name.

Old June 29th, 2008   Wally West888 is offline   #7
Wally West888
Green Lantern's Light

Yeah the team could've been a lot better with some help and some old JSA members, especially Atom Smasher.

A Green Lantern Overcomes Fear Everytime They Face It!-Hal Jordan-Green Lantern

Don't Call Me Superman...Call Me Superboy!-Conner Kent-Superboy
Old June 29th, 2008   curiouswanderer is offline   #8
curiouswanderer
O'Brian Tallent

I think that was one of the bigger mistakes with this series. Sure putting Steel and Natasha in the book was a decent idea, but they took a name that was rooted in JSA lore and moved it completely away from it's original concept.
Had they brought in some of the younger JSA characters and had them work alongside this team it might have had a better audience or at least a better chance.

As it is, I would love to see the title brought back with the above mentioned cast of Obsidian, Liberty Belle, Hourman II, Damage, Northwind, Brainwave, Atom Smasher, Stargirl, Cyclone, Jakeem Thunder, Wildcat III, and Lightning...any of these characters would make for a great team on their own.

Havenplace Community Youth Center

My curiouswandering Space

Not all who wander are lost. ~JRR Tolkien