The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Town Hall > ComicBlogs: The Voice of the People

ComicBlogs: The Voice of the People Everyone gets a blog, subscribe to others' blogs, get feeds, and more!

Old January 17th, 2007   Kandor Red is offline   #369
Kandor Red
Extended Leave of Absence

That's the way it must remain. It creates order in an otherwise chaotic world.
ddf
Dover Demon View Post
See, that's the kind of thing that makes me embarassed about not paying attention earlier.

"For all things there is a season...."
Old January 17th, 2007   crawfordcrow is offline   #370
crawfordcrow
Toffee Hammer Horseman

Either way, I don't see him as Andy Kauffman or Borat. They both brought variety to the table (remember, Borat is just another persona of the person who brought us Ali G). Dover, if it's an act, is more like....Carrot Top. One schtick, beaten to death.
ddf
TJLamb0518 View Post
...Oh, and: how do you know it's his only schtick? If he behaved like a totally different character under the same name, it would sort of defeat the credibility of the DD schtick, don't you think? If he wanted to do other characters, he'd use other names.

...Perhaps right now, he's doing a cartoonishly fanatic fanboy with an odd obsession? ...Or a cartoonishly beyond-right-winger? ...Or... well, I'm sure you can think of a few other candidates around where you have to wonder.

...And, frankly, I still think it's you, Tim.

Old January 17th, 2007   TJLamb0518 is offline   #371
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

...Oh, and: how do you know it's his only schtick? If he behaved like a totally different character under the same name, it would sort of defeat the credibility of the DD schtick, don't you think? If he wanted to do other characters, he'd use other names.

...Perhaps right now, he's doing a cartoonishly fanatic fanboy with an odd obsession? ...Or a cartoonishly beyond-right-winger? ...Or... well, I'm sure you can think of a few other candidates around where you have to wonder.

...And, frankly, I still think it's you, Tim.
ddf
crawfordcrow View Post

Even I, at my schtickiest, could not pull off this one.

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old January 17th, 2007   TJLamb0518 is offline   #372
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Listen to you, Tim... drinkin' your Haterade. I'm just trying to drop my compliments and get out as quickly as I can. It's this kind of hassle and entanglement that makes me terrified of posting on a wider variety of topics. I want to make announcements to the 'bloc, I don't want to stick around for the debate, yo. That's for defense attorneys and history professors... that's not a trap any playa wants to fall into.
ddf
crawfordcrow View Post
Yo, G...why you got to be all up in dat? You be frontin' me?

Old January 17th, 2007   crawfordcrow is offline   #373
crawfordcrow
Toffee Hammer Horseman

I ain't hatin', Tim. I got a thread to check out on Dr. Light II. I can't believe the hatin' on her; she's great! ...Of course, there's the added bonus that she's one of those JLI characters that are being massacred, so she won't be around to ask for that ring. I'm off to get my fictional hook-up on... gots to fertilize her before she fertilizes the topsoil, yo!

Old January 17th, 2007   Matches is offline   #374
Matches
stepping aside

Or a cartoonishly beyond-right-winger?
ddf
crawfordcrow View Post
Sshh... don't invoke.

Probably best not to visit the Byrne Board, either.

Just sayin'....

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old January 17th, 2007   TJLamb0518 is offline   #375
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

I ain't hatin', Tim. I got a thread to check out on Dr. Light II. I can't believe the hatin' on her; she's great! ...Of course, there's the added bonus that she's one of those JLI characters that are being massacred, so she won't be around to ask for that ring. I'm off to get my fictional hook-up on... gots to fertilize her before she fertilizes the topsoil, yo!
ddf
crawfordcrow View Post
Crap....this may just become THREAD of the week. Except Dover authored it and I'm not sure I want him feeling vindicated...

Old January 17th, 2007   Not My Real Name is offline   #376
Not My Real Name*
The Invisible Horseman

Mine too. Major props to Dover for keeping us entertained AND having a great sense of humor with respect to the little jokes at his expense. Well-played (or is that well playah-ed).
ddf
Matches View Post
Little jokes? They seem to come pretty hard and pointed. The thing is that Dover is so over-the-top that the jokes at his expense are just too easy and frequent. In fact, I'd say that the degree of difficulty is so slight that any potential Lines of the Week generated here should be docked points for their similarity to shooting fish in a barrel.

II + II = VII
Old January 17th, 2007   crawfordcrow is offline   #377
crawfordcrow
Toffee Hammer Horseman

Little jokes? They seem to come pretty hard and pointed. The thing is that Dover is so over-the-top that the jokes at his expense are just too easy and frequent. In fact, I'd say that the degree of difficulty is so slight that any potential Lines of the Week generated here should be docked points for their similarity to shooting fish in a barrel.
ddf
Not My Real Name View Post

Best way to fish. You don't have to wait on the fish, looking all desperate, holding your line in the water for hours. You just walk over, do your business, and take the spoils.

Old January 17th, 2007   Matches is offline   #378
Matches
stepping aside

Little jokes? They seem to come pretty hard and pointed.
ddf
{struggles to ignore obvious double-entendre..... fighting urge....}

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old January 17th, 2007   Kandor Red is offline   #379
Kandor Red
Extended Leave of Absence

Best way to fish. You don't have to wait on the fish, looking all desperate, holding your line in the water for hours. You just walk over, do your business, and take the spoils.
ddf
crawfordcrow View Post
Look, don't be hatin' on the fishaz, mack! We gotta do what we gotta do, and what we gotta do is get us some fin!

Playin' out a line is for chumps, yo. That's why I like my mackerel in a barrel. And also, I gives my fish roofies, so everything's easy-like.

"For all things there is a season...."
Old January 17th, 2007   Sharis the Bunny is offline   #380
Sharis the Bunny
Hare today...

Um, you know, Dover...saying that Saddam is "well hung" maybe doesn't exactly mean what you think it means there, buddy.

Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses.
Old January 17th, 2007   TJLamb0518 is offline   #381
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

ddf
Look at you, trying to impose rules on my Line of the Week thing. Trust me, I already have a strict set of guidelines I am employing and this thread may not qualify because it breaks one of them.

Old January 17th, 2007   Not My Real Name is offline   #382
Not My Real Name*
The Invisible Horseman

Look at you, trying to impose rules on my Line of the Week thing. Trust me, I already have a strict set of guidelines I am employing and this thread may not qualify because it breaks one of them.
ddf
TJLamb0518 View Post
Just giving an opinion, I have no means of imposing anything on anyone here. To provide another analogy (sorry, folks, it's a sports analogy): seeing them fly outta the park is much more exciting when fastballs are being pitched rather than seeing someone knock out the slow pitches that are lobbed here.

II + II = VII
Old January 17th, 2007   TJLamb0518 is offline   #383
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Just giving an opinion, I have no means of imposing anything on anyone here. To provide another analogy (sorry, folks, it's a sports analogy): seeing them fly outta the park is much more exciting when fastballs are being pitched rather than seeing someone knock out the slow pitches that are lobbed here.
ddf
Ah, but they ALL get added to the scoreboard.

Old January 17th, 2007   Not My Real Name is offline   #384
Not My Real Name*
The Invisible Horseman

Ah, but they ALL get added to the scoreboard.
ddf
TJLamb0518 View Post
But they don't all get showcased on Sports Center.

II + II = VII