The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > The Comic Shop: Creators

The Comic Shop: Creators but wait, there's more!

Old July 22nd, 2007   Myth7 is offline   #33
Myth7
Advanced Geoffan

lol, It's sad to see Gail go, but man has she done wonderful things! From Misfit to Huntress, Ice to Savant, and bring in the wonderful Lady Blackhawk!

Over the 4 page spread i've recognise most of them except for a few...

left to right

Huntress, Gypsy, Vixen, Catwoman, Katana, Russian guy, Savant, Manhunter VII, Metamorph, Nightwing, ?, ?, Judomaster II, ?, Misfit, Power Girl, Wildcat, Green Arrow II, Green Arrow I, Big Barda, Jade Canary, Lady Blackhawk and Hawk Girl II

"Stuck in a Groove" Puretone
Old July 22nd, 2007   tcjohnson is offline   #34
tcjohnson
Geoffan

lol, It's sad to see Gail go, but man has she done wonderful things! From Misfit to Huntress, Ice to Savant, and bring in the wonderful Lady Blackhawk!

Over the 4 page spread i've recognise most of them except for a few...

left to right

Huntress, Gypsy, Vixen, Catwoman, Katana, Russian guy, Savant, Manhunter VII, Metamorph, Nightwing, ?, ?, Judomaster II, ?, Misfit, Power Girl, Wildcat, Green Arrow II, Green Arrow I, Big Barda, Jade Canary, Lady Blackhawk and Hawk Girl II
ddf
Myth7 View Post
We are pretty sure the person between Judomaster II and Misfit is Rose of Rose and Thorn fame.

Old July 22nd, 2007   Gail Simone is offline   #35
Gail Simone

It's definitely Thorn!

I'll confirm that one.

Gail

Old July 22nd, 2007   tcjohnson is offline   #36
tcjohnson
Geoffan

It's definitely Thorn!

I'll confirm that one.

Gail
ddf
Gail Simone View Post
Whooops, meant Thorn.

Gail, you are such a tease. And no, not in a good way!

Old July 22nd, 2007   Drink is offline   #37
Drink
Official Scofflaw

It was a good issue. Seeing most of Oracle's contacts show up was pretty cool, and the art was fantastic as always. The fight with Spysmasher was pretty awesome too. And I take it Harley's out of the Six by her comment?

But sadly, I think it'll be my last BoP issue for several reasons, none of which are really the fact that Gail is leaving the book.

1) Really don't want anything to do with the GA/BC wedding at all, and unfortunately, that's the very next issue.

2) Fill-Ins. Don't like 'em, try not to buy 'em. I've ended up skipping half the issues of 'Tec for this reason.

3) Misfit. I'm sorry, but if she's in the book long term, I can't stick around. She was fine for a storyarc or two, but any longer and she'll just be annoying.

Anyway, I enjoyed the book for as long as I've read it. Best of luck.

Old July 23rd, 2007   MissHawaii is offline   #38
MissHawaii

Thank you Gail for a wonderful run.

Old July 23rd, 2007   Myth7 is offline   #39
Myth7
Advanced Geoffan

The only one missing from that group shot i just noticed was in fact Blue Beetle! shame about that but he is dead after all.

Again wonderful work Gail and here is a little parting gift for you...

"Stuck in a Groove" Puretone
Old July 23rd, 2007   datalore is offline   #40
datalore
Advanced Geoffan

Gail, thanks for the years of great stories!

Is a shame that your Birds of Prey and Wonder Woman time couldn't have coincided enough to have gotten a WW/BoP crossover (but then again, doesn't stop that from happening in the future!)

Will be following you over to WW (And looking forward to what comes up in BoP).

http://www.saac-mcr.com/main/myford/ "Anyone who has said words can't hurt you...has never been hit by a dictionary!"
Old July 23rd, 2007   Atom is offline   #41
Atom
Gone. Gone. Gone.

Got to say that if you've got to go... this was the way to do it.

When I got to the two page spread, I laughed out loud.

When I realized there was a SECOND two page spread, I got something in my eye.

The thought that all these heroes from all different walks of life were willing to drop everything to do nothing more than prove something to Kat and stand up for Babs was very moving to me.

Thanks Gail!

Webmaster of the Former Unofficial Homepage of the Atom - all good things must come to an end...
Old July 23rd, 2007   Chris Hansbrough is offline   #42
Chris Hansbrough
Scion of Mogo

Got to say that if you've got to go... this was the way to do it.

When I got to the two page spread, I laughed out loud.

When I realized there was a SECOND two page spread, I got something in my eye.

The thought that all these heroes from all different walks of life were willing to drop everything to do nothing more than prove something to Kat and stand up for Babs was very moving to me.

Thanks Gail!
ddf
Atom View Post
I'm resizing that baby into a bacground for my destp because it is purdy.........

Nicola should draw green arrow....with gail writing....and those who really know me know that that really is a bloody good compliment.....

EIC - Nerdstock Comics
Webhost - Plastikitty

X-Box Live : Scion of Mogo
PSN : Scion_of_Mogo
Steam : Scion_of_Mogo
Old July 23rd, 2007   Velocity9 is offline   #43
Velocity9
Power Cosmic Horseman

I could not possibly even begin to describe how awesome this issue was. I must have read it like 5 times by now. one thing that did catch my attention that i think deserves mentioning, was how Canary handled Spy Smasher. Remember when Dinah was training with Mother and mother said that you have to beat the opponent before combat even starts? Dinah totally did that here with Spy Smasher.

Oh, and a Shiva appearence, even a cameo when Gail is involved is too cool for words.

I'm really bummed to see Gail leave the book. This has been one of my favorite titles for a while thanks to Gail. She made Black Canary my favorite DC character (or at least in the top 3), and at the rtisk of sounding overly dramatic, it's like losing a friend (or therapist) you got used to seeing every month.

Will fight The Amish for money.
Old July 24th, 2007   impulse1999 is offline   #44
impulse1999
Advanced Geoffan

I just loved the issue. I wasn't surprised to see Harley quit the six, given her role in Countdown... but the charm of the last chair is it's always revolving and you never know who'll be in it... Cheshire, Mad Hatter, Harley Quin... ???

I had no probs figuring out why the heroes arrived, or what their message for Kat was. I did wonder about the two figures that everyone else had probs placing...

Gail, thanks for the work, and the effort you put into every page, especially making the core three so compelling, so close and so real!

DCnU? We'll see....
Old July 24th, 2007   DaVeO is offline   #45
DaVeO
Talk to the Hand of Doom

The dude in the get-up that someone said looked like a bondage outfit (snikker), that isn't Joe Gardner is it?

Anyways, Gail this was a fantastic issue. One of the best writer send-offs I've seen in a long time. The Secret Six appearance (I think I see how Deadshot is going to have to serve with the Suicide Squad again). Manhunter zapping Kat, Babs thrashing Kat, the double page spread and Black Canary's (at this point I had tears of joy in my eyes) return. All of it was super. Then the little character moments with the girls (Babs, Zinda, Dinah, and Helena) and finally with Misfit. Very moving.
Thanks for staying for four years and making BoP one of my fave books of all time.

Where ever you go, there you are.
Old July 26th, 2007   MatchesMalone is offline   #46
MatchesMalone
Neo Geoffan

Loved this issue, can't wait to read it again. Gail was able to have an enjoyable Secret Six scene, a roll call, Babs kicking ***, Chinese food dinner with the core group and a Misfit scene that "explained" her (and made me finally like her) in one issue. What a fitting end to an amazing run. I have really enjoyed this book. I hope the new writer can even bring a fraction of the heart Gail had over the course of the last 40 or so issues.

Old August 11th, 2007   LaPrincesa is offline   #47
LaPrincesa
Geoffan

Loved Swan Song. I really liked seeing Shiva and Vixen because they were in my two favorite Bird arcs and I wished they could have been around more, actually I'd have much rather had Vixen (not to mention Dinah) in the Birds rather than the JLA. Who were the man and woman behind Nightwing and Judo Master? They were the only ones I couldn't place. Loved the ending all around with the real big three and Charlotte.

Old August 11th, 2007   LaPrincesa is offline   #48
LaPrincesa
Geoffan

...also this book is why I never bought into the idea of a,b, c-list characters. A character is as good as its writer and Gail made Dinah, Helena and Barbara first rate.