The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old June 1st, 2008   Chris Hansbrough is offline   #33
Chris Hansbrough
Scion of Mogo

Guys... We have to do something... And quickly!!! We have been wainting for this title for a long time... We should have what we deserve...
ddf
Roy Harper View Post
yes well as the great wordsmith once said. You can't always get what you want.

EIC - Nerdstock Comics
Webhost - Plastikitty

X-Box Live : Scion of Mogo
PSN : Scion_of_Mogo
Steam : Scion_of_Mogo
Old June 1st, 2008   Joey Wilson is offline   #34
Joey Wilson
Geoffan

Guys... We have to do something... And quickly!!! We have been wainting for this title for a long time... We should have what we deserve...
ddf
Roy Harper View Post
I agree with you. I know a lot of folks will say that it's jumping the gun to want the creative team shaken up, but I don't think it is. I believe there's a (very small) chance that Winnick can step up and start delivering. However, the art problem must be sorted out or Titans is going to be dead in the water. So many people love these characters and they deserve a top-tier creative team and strong storytelling. Really, DC is it that difficult? You have the likes of Andreyko, Simone, Morrison, Meltzer, Tomasi, and so many other fantastic writers and a ton of great artists at your disposal. Use them!

Old June 1st, 2008   Roy Harper is offline   #35
Roy Harper
Tar Aquino

I agree with you. I know a lot of folks will say that it's jumping the gun to want the creative team shaken up, but I don't think it is. I believe there's a (very small) chance that Winnick can step up and start delivering. However, the art problem must be sorted out or Titans is going to be dead in the water. So many people love these characters and they deserve a top-tier creative team and strong storytelling. Really, DC is it that difficult? You have the likes of Andreyko, Simone, Morrison, Meltzer, Tomasi, and so many other fantastic writers and a ton of great artists at your disposal. Use them!
ddf
Joey Wilson View Post
Yeah... That's what I meant... Please DC, hear us...

Titans Together!
Old June 1st, 2008   royfan is offline   #36
royfan
Geoffan

Yeah... That's what I meant... Please DC, hear us...
ddf
Roy Harper View Post
Does Didio have an email contact we can write to? I'm happy enough to see how the writing progresses for the first arc or two because Winick can write well when he hits a good groove, but I know I don't like the art. Benetiz's work isn't bad, just very wrong for this book.

Old June 1st, 2008   Zero Conner is offline   #37
Zero Conner
huh?

wow threads like this rock!

Can't stop the signal because love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down...
Old June 1st, 2008   Human Bong is offline   #38
Human Bong
Pay Attention 2 Me

Smile Uh Oh

wow threads like this rock!
ddf
Zero Conner View Post
Heck yea they do! So do bananas! And Carrot Top! Gatorade!

Hey, I just realized. 'Dan Didio' are two words that both start with D and together are made up of 8 letters-'Drop Dead' are two words that both start with D and together are made up of 8 letters. Oh my god, I think I'm on to something-creepy. It's a conspiracy because if you move one letter of his name to the other and switch some for other letters, it obviously spells drop dead! Ooooo weeeee ooooooo
Maybe DC really stands for 'Dan Didio' and he simply changed the second initial to C to throw everyone off. He's out to get you guys, I know it, not me though because we're just dandy.

.....this is what happens when I'm bored on a Sunday trying to entertain myself. I could just not hit the 'submit reply' button below and just enjoy it as is, but where's the fun in that?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old June 1st, 2008   Samy is offline   #39
Samy
Neo Geoffan

I agree that Benitez needs to get out. He's not good enough for these characters. Maybe for something like Checkmate, but not good enough for the Titans.

Old June 1st, 2008   BarryAllenfan is offline   #40
BarryAllenfan*
Citizen

Does Didio have an email contact we can write to? I'm happy enough to see how the writing progresses for the first arc or two because Winick can write well when he hits a good groove, but I know I don't like the art. Benetiz's work isn't bad, just very wrong for this book.
ddf
royfan View Post
I've contacted him on his myspace, which you can get through from the DC myspace. If you are a myspace member you can e mail him through that

Old June 1st, 2008   Chris D. is offline   #41
Chris D.
The Mogolicious Horseman

AMEN. I can't really stand the personal insults DC has been slinging at us. They are absolute morons. They have the audacity not to strictly listen to the demands of highly reasonable people who take comics personally and insult living people over fictional characters.

I have some highly classified documents that do indeed prove higher ups at DC purposely sabotage certain titles by taking artists and writers internet posters don't like and sticking them on the books. They don't really care about sales, it's about sticking it to the fans. It's called Operation Poop on Fanboy. It's right under my papers about George W Bush having to assassinate JFK jr so he could be elected president.

Old June 1st, 2008   Samy is offline   #42
Samy
Neo Geoffan

"They don't really care about sales, it's about sticking it to the fans."

How else do you explain Benitez?

Seriously.

I'm all ears.

Old June 1st, 2008   Madison Lee is offline   #43
Madison Lee
Rebooted and ready!

While not saying "drop dead", Didio is saying that the book wont get getting the A-list talent is deserves.
The sales of the book will be the ultimate balancing scale and I truly believe without a major creative shift this book is doomed. The writing is sub-par at best and the new artist while capable does not seem suited for the book.
There is no reasonable explanation I can think of for DC not to invest quality into this title, it is as if they just assumed the fan base would buy anything they put out, and the sad part is they are most likely correct.
I don't expect Wolfman/Perez again, but I do expect a creative team who can deliver my favorite characters in bold new directions while keeping their core intact. What I have seen thus far is bad fan fiction that doesn't make sense to anything that has come before it.
DC is full of amazing talent that could elevate this title to new heights, it is a shame that Dan and co. seem to have dug their heels in the dirt instead of re-energizing a book that saved the company many years ago.

"On Earth I'm Lee,.....Linda Lee."
http://krypto-blog.blogspot.com
Old June 1st, 2008   royfan is offline   #44
royfan
Geoffan

I've contacted him on his myspace, which you can get through from the DC myspace. If you are a myspace member you can e mail him through that
ddf
BarryAllenfan View Post
That sucks. Hell, even Judd Winick doesn't hide from his fans, he has an email address anyone can write to, you'd think Didio would be at least as approachable. I don't want to be forced to join Myspace just to contact him.

Old June 1st, 2008   Samy is offline   #45
Samy
Neo Geoffan

You could pick DC's address from the indicia of any of their recent comics and write him a letter.

Old June 1st, 2008   booyah is offline   #46
booyah
Effing Awesome Horseman

Location: Arkham Asylum, revolving door for the Criminally Insane

That sucks. Hell, even Judd Winick doesn't hide from his fans, he has an email address anyone can write to, you'd think Didio would be at least as approachable. I don't want to be forced to join Myspace just to contact him.
ddf
royfan View Post
Right, because only being reachable by the millions of people in the MySpace network, makes him unapproachable.

He has made a way for fans to contact him, whether you chose to use that outlet or not is up to you. But he shouldn't be condemned because he chooses not to put his personal E-Mail address out there for all to see.

As far as Benitez goes, I am cautiously optimistic about that bit of news.
Titans #2 was by far the worst showing I have seen from him, but as others have said, he was on a rushed schedule, so hopefully his next few issues, until Churchill's return, will be more on par with his awesome Supergirl, and Detective Comics fill ins

I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.....and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Old June 1st, 2008   Human Bong is offline   #47
Human Bong
Pay Attention 2 Me

AMEN. I can't really stand the personal insults DC has been slinging at us. They are absolute morons. They have the audacity not to strictly listen to the demands of highly reasonable people who take comics personally and insult living people over fictional characters.

I have some highly classified documents that do indeed prove higher ups at DC purposely sabotage certain titles by taking artists and writers internet posters don't like and sticking them on the books. They don't really care about sales, it's about sticking it to the fans. It's called Operation Poop on Fanboy. It's right under my papers about George W Bush having to assassinate JFK jr so he could be elected president.
ddf
Chris D. View Post
Dude we should combine our conspiracy theories and make one giant one. We're so totally right.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old June 1st, 2008   royfan is offline   #48
royfan
Geoffan

Right, because only being reachable by the millions of people in the MySpace network, makes him unapproachable.

He has made a way for fans to contact him, whether you chose to use that outlet or not is up to you. But he shouldn't be condemned because he chooses not to put his personal E-Mail address out there for all to see.

As far as Benitez goes, I am cautiously optimistic about that bit of news.
Titans #2 was by far the worst showing I have seen from him, but as others have said, he was on a rushed schedule, so hopefully his next few issues, until Churchill's return, will be more on par with his awesome Supergirl, and Detective Comics fill ins
ddf
booyah View Post

The point is that despite him making a way to approach him, other writers are even more approachable. I hate the gimic of 'join myspace or else you miss out'. I don't want to join myspace just to email someone. You may not agree with me commenting about not wanting to join some site just to say howdy to the man, but I exercise my right to whine about whatever I want. Everyone else does, and at least my winge is about something other the the way Kory's boobs defy gravity or how the writer is a hack etc etc. (then I exercise my writing hand by writing him a REAL letter and sending it straight to DC. Probebly the best way to go anyway)

You could be right about Benetiz. I haven't ever really liked his art, but I don't think I've disliked it quite as much as I did this issue, I usually find it 'not to my tastes, but tolerable'.
Last edited by royfan; June 1st, 2008 at 08:01 PM.