The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old October 1st, 2010   virtuadept is offline   #1
virtuadept
bye.

Default Release Dates for Comics

I have a little spreadsheet where I am keeping track of a bunch of data about my comics. One of the things I'm trying to track is how late the book was from when it was originally solicited to come out. I can get this information because I keep the text version of diamond's previewsworld.com previews order form which has the solicited release date in it. Then we get once a week a list of the books that came out that week.

My problem is that I only have this data for 2009 and 2010. Diamond keeps an archive of their weekly release lists here:

http://previewsworld.com/public/default.asp?t=3

But they only keep it for current year and previous year.

I found part of 2008 in an internet archive site (archive.org I think) but it only had up to mid June 2008 (and all of 2007).

I'm hoping someone else crazy like me has kept those diamond release list TXT files somewhere and can go back further than 2007 and/or fill me in on the rest of 2008.

Failing that, if anyone knows of a database that has the comic release dates in it, I'd appreciate a pointer. Preferably one that lists issues by their diamond previews order number.

- VirtuAdept - VACATION MODE. Apparently few here really like my posts. It was a fun few years. Catch you on the flip side.
Old October 1st, 2010   virtuadept is offline   #2
virtuadept
bye.

Incidentally, I thought I'd add that based on the data I have now, the average book that I ordered (I am not tracking all comics, just the ones I buy) was 8 days late. The latest item that I ordered (and I had canceled it) was Broken Trinity Deluxe HC from TopCow at 301 days late. The latest single issue was Spawn #199 at 260 days late.

- VirtuAdept - VACATION MODE. Apparently few here really like my posts. It was a fun few years. Catch you on the flip side.
Old October 1st, 2010   virtuadept is offline   #3
virtuadept
bye.

An even more depressing statistic. Of the books I ordered, 29% arrived after their original solicit date.