The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Television, Movies and Animation

Television, Movies and Animation aka The Talkies!

Old May 2nd, 2015   Jorge Galvan is offline   #1
Jorge Galvan
Supporters

Default Avengers: age of Ultron

So what did ya think?

I dunno, it was alright, Iwas kind of disappointed, I expected more, at least another 40-60 minutes of film. Fast paced and a somewhat good/ okay storyline.

But, still left feeling "hungry"...

Any one see JOCASTA before FRIDAY???

Ms. CHO? Hm....

Thoughts?

Old May 2nd, 2015   1peace is offline   #2
1peace
Master Geoffan

no spoilers here from me... much
It was Very Fun. I tried not to get my hopes up and i'm glad i didn't. from the bits of previews that i allowed myself to watch I wasn't expecting it to be very good.

But the story worked. I agree it was fast paced. but they hit all the beats so you could understand and it didn't feel too forced, just a bit staccato.
I felt a bit jipped with all canon fodder ultrons fight scenes EXCEPT FOR ONE. THAT SCENE was like a fanboy dream scene. what Kung FU Panda's furious 5 scene was gettting at. that was worth the price of the ticket to me.
as an old marvel guy I can stamp my live action bucket list card DONE.

It was fun piece of work. lots of nice action, lots of cool one on one chats, characters worked and ALL the cameos scene we're cool and a great surprise to me.

Overall, to me, this really felt like an Avengers 1 and 1/2 instead of a full 2. it added to the original story with it's own real but not quite as compelling base. As if Avengers 1 had been a longer movie and what was edited out was taken added on to and made into THIS film.

But it works for me and I'll probably catch it again at the theater.
I'd give it a 7.95 on a scale of 1-10 overall.
But there are some 10 scenes in it.

I have gripes as well but the probably my main one is Ultrons fight with Cap.
sorry I love Cap but as Hawkeye said, Ultron is out of Caps league.. at least for the type of fight they had. my suspension of disbelief wouldn't let me go there.
Last edited by 1peace; May 2nd, 2015 at 04:00 PM.

Old May 3rd, 2015   stumpjs is offline   #3
stumpjs
Profound Rambler

Loved it. Saw it twice.
I will say I had some minor gripes after the first time I watched it but they kind of went away after the second. I think the first time you see the movie it just seems hard to follow but after the second time it all just comes together.
James Spader does a great job as Ultron. He seems confused a lot of the time, which just adds to his craziness. Vision is awesome.
I love the fight scenes.
I had a similar gripe as 1peace about Captain America fighting Ultron one on one but after the second time I saw it it just made me realize how bad ass Cap is.

"Laissez le bon temps rouler!" ~Gambit
Old May 4th, 2015   TJLamb0518 is offline   #4
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Enjoyed it, but it won't top the Cap films, Guardians or the first Iron Man for me.

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old May 4th, 2015   TJLamb0518 is offline   #5
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

And is it just me or SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
did the Vision look weird with normal eyes?

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old May 4th, 2015   Amentep is offline   #6
Amentep

I enjoyed it. Didn't have a problem with Cap fighting ultron of TJ's spoiler.

Old May 5th, 2015   superfriend is offline   #7
superfriend
laughs at comics

watched it, enjoyed it while i watched it, promptly forgot about it after it was over.

i owe a lot of that to not caring about these characters at all anymore.

and seeing as how it cost me the equivalent of roughly 2 comicbooks, i'd say i came out ahead.

observe everything, admire nothing
Old May 5th, 2015   flashsuper is offline   #8
flashsuper
My real name is Mike

I didn't like it as much as the first, but it was pretty good. I didn't really care for the witty quips from Ultron though. It made him seem a whole lot less menacing and to be taken not as seriously as he could have, almost like a goofy robot villain.

I have had a rebirth.
Old May 5th, 2015   Jorge Galvan is offline   #9
Jorge Galvan
Supporters

no spoilers here from me... much
It was Very Fun. I tried not to get my hopes up and i'm glad i didn't. from the bits of previews that i allowed myself to watch I wasn't expecting it to be very good.

But the story worked. I agree it was fast paced. but they hit all the beats so you could understand and it didn't feel too forced, just a bit staccato.
I felt a bit jipped with all canon fodder ultrons fight scenes EXCEPT FOR ONE. THAT SCENE was like a fanboy dream scene. what Kung FU Panda's furious 5 scene was gettting at. that was worth the price of the ticket to me.
as an old marvel guy I can stamp my live action bucket list card DONE.

It was fun piece of work. lots of nice action, lots of cool one on one chats, characters worked and ALL the cameos scene we're cool and a great surprise to me.

Overall, to me, this really felt like an Avengers 1 and 1/2 instead of a full2. it added to the original story with it's own real but not quite as compelling base. As if Avengers 1 had been a longer movie and what was edited out was taken added on to and made into THIS film.

But it works for me and I'll probably catch it again at the theater.
I'd give it a7.95 on a scale of 1-10 overall.
But there are some 10 scenes in it.

I have gripes as well but the probably my main one is Ultrons fight with Cap.
sorry I love Cap but as Hawkeye said, Ultron is out of Caps league.. at least for the type of fight they had. my suspension of disbelief wouldn't let me go there.
ddf
1peace View Post
I give it a 6 out of 10, sorry, but I agree it was a bit toooooo STACCATO! and yeah, this DID feel like Avengers 1-1/2!

I wanted more of a BACKSTORY on HYDRA, cause at the end of CAP II, you see the Sinister Hydra sequence with the "twins" and it lead us to believe that Hydra would have somehow had a separate plot going on to coincide with the Ultron Main plot and it would have been nice if we had a really LONG THOR v Ultron fight scene like in the books, one on one; Mano a Mano! Didn't happen.

yeah know, with all that FKN money, can't they give Thor a FKN Helmet to wear, that will FIT and STAY on his head!!!

and the "secret End" scene SUCKED! What did that take all of FIVE SECONDS! probably two-three takes! BIG DEAL, wanted something more, like KLAW claiming revenge, or the "KING of WAKANDA", vowing to get his VIBRANIUM back!

And IT SUCKS that they say Vibranium is the STRONGEST METAL on Earth, NO MENTION OF ADAMANTIUM, or the fact that it was a fusion of Adamantium and Vibranium that created Cap's shield! WTF!!!

So far, I rank
CAP II
Avengers I
Iron man II
Doctor Strange (1978)

as the best Marvel films. If they combined thor I and II, into one film then it would have gone up in rank.

SPOILERS!!!

Will the LION OF OLYMUS debut in the 3rd THOR film, like he did in the comics? Will Mrs. Cho's son be debuting soon???

WHO WAS THAT WOMAN IN ALL THE PHOTOS IN KLAW's OFFICE??? I read a thing on line, stating that Whedon spent more than enough time and EFFORT focusing on her and in the books, we know Klaw aint got no Kin Folk!!

Will Quicksilver stay dead or not? Will the GRIM REAPER OR APOCALYPSE resurrect him? And will they turn him against his sister and the VISION?

Why do I get the feeling that TONY STARK (or Nick Fury) will be appearing at the end of the ANT MAN film offering Scott Lang membership, it just happened in the cartoon, last week! (Except that was Hank Pym)!

Old May 5th, 2015   Amentep is offline   #10
Amentep

Whedon Recalls "Unpleasant" "Age Of Ultron" Memories, Quits Twitter:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-quits-twitter

This interview comes to light after Whedon pulled the plug on his Twitter account. The director left the social media site at some point on Monday, giving no concrete reason for his departure. Many have speculated that it may be in part because of nasty messages directed his way over plot points in "Avengers: Age of Ultron," but it's just as possible that Whedon had grown weary of the platform. He's spoken out about his dislike of Twitter in the past, particularly in a 2013 interview with Entertainment Weekly.
ddf

SPOILER. Highlight below text to read

Will Quicksilver stay dead or not? Will the GRIM REAPER OR APOCALYPSE resurrect him? And will they turn him against his sister and the VISION?

ddf
Jorge Galvan View Post
SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
Thanos with the Reality Gem would probably be more likely than anything else.

Old May 5th, 2015   1peace is offline   #11
1peace
Master Geoffan

I give it a 6 out of 10, sorry, but I agree it was a bit toooooo STACCATO! and yeah, this DID feel like Avengers 1-1/2!
ddf
Jorge Galvan View Post
i hear ya

I wanted more of a BACKSTORY on HYDRA, cause at the end of CAP II, you see the Sinister Hydra sequence with the "twins" and it lead us to believe that Hydra would have somehow had a separate plot going on to coincide with the Ultron Main plot...
ddf
Jorge Galvan View Post
that's true that would have played well i think and shored up the whole storyline. cause I know i was completely invested in the Cap 2 plot with the "stragglers" round the world theme. it would have hooked me in instantly and then cranking it up to ultron with loki's mind staff would have wrapped it all very tightly.

and it would have been nice if we had a really LONG THOR v Ultron fight scene like in the books, one on one; Mano a Mano! Didn't happen.
ddf
Jorge Galvan View Post
Yes a Thor or the Hulk either one.... or BOTH.
If they had had Ultron somehow harmed and weaken by Wanda, Cho and the transfer process before he left the building with Vision's body I'd have enjoyed the Cap fight with Ultron much more.

then later he recovers by transferring to the Bigger Ultron version and fights Thor and the Hulk later, Yeah that'd sell popcorn.

yeah know, with all that FKN money, can't they give Thor a FKN Helmet to wear, that will FIT and STAY on his head!!!
ddf
Jorge Galvan View Post
HA!, sorry I don't miss the helmet. If it was on a shelf some where in Jane Foster's or Zelwig's Apartment THAT'd be pretty cool.

...and the "secret End" scene SUCKED! What did that take all of FIVE SECONDS! probably two-three takes! BIG DEAL, ...
ddf
Jorge Galvan View Post
It was better than the Collector sid & marty kroft secret ending
...wanted something more, like KLAW claiming revenge, or the "KING of WAKANDA", vowing to get his VIBRANIUM back!
ddf
Jorge Galvan View Post
That would have been sooo cool

And IT SUCKS that they say Vibranium is the STRONGEST METAL on Earth, NO MENTION OF ADAMANTIUM, or the fact that it was a fusion of Adamantium and Vibranium that created Cap's shield! WTF!!!
ddf
Jorge Galvan View Post
I don't know if Adamantium is locked in with the X-men franchise. that'd be the ONLY acceptable reason it's not mentioned in my book.
But caps shield. for some reason they've never given it the properties of the comic version. it's always been vibranium. and they've shown it BROKEN in in at least 2 films now.

Dr Strange that's a joke right

... Will Quicksilver....?
ddf
Jorge Galvan View Post
I suspect at least hope they go the inhumans route with that,
if they do anything.

Old May 6th, 2015   ronaldj is offline   #12
ronaldj
Supreme Geoffan

I liked it, like was said not as good as avengers one, or capt. or gotg...but entertaining and enjoyable....

One day I'll be done with this, but for now, once more into the fray. Thom
Old May 7th, 2015   Greg Waite is offline   #13
Greg Waite
Uber Geoffan

Before I give my "review", I have to give credit to fellow fanboys here and on facebook for not spoiling the movie.

I just saw it today and I thought it was a passable sequel.

Yes, it had issues but it was enjoyable.

I really loved how Cap has really come into his own and it shows (Winter Soldier was his best). So seeing him take on Ultron wasn't too shocking.

Ultron was really good (evil) and I thought Spader played it solid. Could he have been more aggressive and cold? Yeah but you don't want to make him too scary for the kids.

Everything else has been covered by everyone here so I don't have to repeat it.

Solid 8 of 10.

"We can't be all heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." Will Rogers
Old May 14th, 2015   RoseWilson is offline   #14
RoseWilson
Advanced Geoffan

Overall liked it . Still think Winter soldier and the 1st Iron Man are the class of the marvel cinematic universe but this was on par with the first Avengers for me.

They really should green light a Black Widow solo. ScarJo proved with Lucy she can be box office in an action role and movie fans are by now familiar with the Widow character and I think there's a call for. I think it would be much bigger than Antman or likely this new FF. I also do think it's a legit issue about the lack of Widow merch and that supposedly Disney suits think super heroes are strictly for boys and their Princess stuff has girls covered. HOWEVER the Whedon backlash and accusations of sexism are absurd IMO and border on intentional misinterpretation of the scene to back agendas.

Old May 15th, 2015   starks is offline   #15
starks
Geoffan

I enjoyed the movie & thought it was a solid film. That last group scene vs all the Ultrons was so amazing. I think it was one of the best scenes in any movie I've ever seen.

Did anything happen after the credits? If so, please spoil it as I left the theater (the director said beforehand they didn't do any, so I just left when the movie was over).

Old May 17th, 2015   flashsuper is offline   #16
flashsuper
My real name is Mike

Before I give my "review", I have to give credit to fellow fanboys here and on facebook for not spoiling the movie.

I just saw it today and I thought it was a passable sequel.

Yes, it had issues but it was enjoyable.

I really loved how Cap has really come into his own and it shows (Winter Soldier was his best). So seeing him take on Ultron wasn't too shocking.

Ultron was really good (evil) and I thought Spader played it solid. Could he have been more aggressive and cold? Yeah but you don't want to make him too scary for the kids.
Everything else has been covered by everyone here so I don't have to repeat it.

Solid 8 of 10.
ddf
Greg Waite View Post
Yes, but a hero is even more awesome when he defeats a more villainous villain. It makes the defeat of Ultron an even more desired ending.

I have had a rebirth.