The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old December 21st, 2010   jafabian is offline   #1
jafabian
I’m not dead.

Smile Justice League: Generation Lost issue #16 Preview & Discussion

CBR PREVIEW.

DC's biweekly JUSTICE LEAGUE event continues!

In issue #16, the Creature Commandos have attacked the JLI and one of the team lies dying. Meanwhile, Power Girl swears vengeance on the JLI for her friend's death, but Batman suspects foul play.

Story by Judd WInick
Art by Fernando Dagnino
Cover by Dustin Nguyen, Kevin Maguire
ddf

Old December 21st, 2010   kirwan is offline   #2
kirwan

CBR PREVIEW.
ddf
jafabian View Post
Why is Frankenstein in there? He works for SHADE... and dresses more sophisticated than this...

Old December 22nd, 2010   Simon DelMonte is offline   #3
Simon DelMonte
Diehard DCU & Mets Fan

The Creature Commandos have their own patchwork man.

Pretty good story, with yet another strong script and a surprising amount of humor hidden in the folds of the fight. I have no idea where this is going, but that's part of the fun, isn't it?

I am hoping that when this is over, DC decides to continue with this team in a monthly. The group dynamic is one of the best things about this series.

Simon DelMonte
Old December 23rd, 2010   impulse1999 is offline   #4
impulse1999
Advanced Geoffan

I just adore this series. It's always my first read!

The issue was terrific and I like the Bat-PG play, but I wanna see more happen soon. 2/3 the way now.

Bea revealing her "guilt" was nicely handled. The Bea I met in Checkmate wasn't the JLI Bea. I think guilt over doing Guy after Tora died led to her depression.

Booster really calling the shots in the field? Outstanding, considering Atom was a JLE leader, led the (insert name here) after his return to the present post-Armageddon, then leading Extreme Justice.... I love Booster's characterisation here.

These are the heroes I always knew they could be.

DCnU? We'll see....
Old December 24th, 2010   achilles140 is offline   #5
achilles140
Supreme Geoffan

Kind of wonder who's going to be leader when PG officially joins the fray. She's not the sort who would just do what Booster says, and she's the current JSA All-Stars leader, and former JSA leader.

Speaking of which, what was up with her costume? A colorist error, or was someone trying out yet another variant? If the latter, I must say I prefer the version she wore in that Trinity thing, or simply switching to a black costume, with or without the "S", as in either the Supergirl: Candor arc, or in the previous issue of GL minus one, (but it should be with her version of the "S").

As for the pacing; it IS getting a bit tedious. I'd like to see some more concrete progress. Enough with the remember, forget, remember, forget routine. And enough with the JLI getting their butts kicked. It's time for them to start getting some back from Max.

Old December 25th, 2010   Astro is offline   #6
Astro
Geoffan

This issue was really, really good -- but Power Girl was SO MUCH BETTER this week. Combined they made this an incredibly wonderful week for Winick and this group of characters.

This issue hammered home to me that Bea is a traitor of some sort. I have to feel that is what she was getting ready to reveal before Ice 'stepped on her moment'. Maybe I'm wrong, but if any one of them is a traitor, it's her. Even the way she was talking to Max at the end there...well, again, perhaps I'm wrong and I kindn of hope I am.

Great books either way.