The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

View Poll Results: How would you rate Titans #13?
***** 1 3.45%
**** 0 0%
*** 7 24.14%
** 13 44.83%
* 8 27.59%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 11th, 2009   PyroTwilight is offline   #17
PyroTwilight
Supreme Geoffan

Frack, I just noticed something.

SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
Did Jericho shoot Eddie in the head on page 7? Looks to me like he did, although chances are it's a glancing shot because there isn't much blood.

ddf
DeTroyes View Post
Looks lik a graze. Guess that's why they took Eddie out of his Kid Devil suit magically. So he could get head shot. *eyeroll*

I'll be buying Deathtrap to see where this goes. A story can't be this bad without some shocking end, right? Right? *silence* Damnit.

Old May 11th, 2009   DeTroyes is offline   #18
DeTroyes
Dagnabbit!

Location: Miskatonic University, Dept. of Ancient Manuscripts

Huh.

Jericho gives both his code name and his real name out on television, then murders the maitre de while the cameras are still on.

What's Deathstroke going to think when he see that? And will it finally be the thing to knock some sense in him? Or is that going to be reserved for Black Lantern Wintergreen?

Also... in the Titans' Omens page, we saw Cyborg looking over someone in intensive care. The person had blonde hair. So far we've speculated that it was either Roy or possibly Joey, but what if its Eddie?

Old May 12th, 2009   Dr. Jekyl is offline   #19
Dr. Jekyl
Cynical Fangirl

... oh dear. Seriously, I don't think DC editorial knows how to properly manage these properties any more.

Old May 12th, 2009   balder is offline   #20
balder

... oh dear. Seriously, I don't think DC editorial knows how to properly manage these properties any more.
ddf
Dr. Jekyl View Post
Therein is the problem. There's too much management.
There's too many clues showing how the editors are dictating the stories, and the writer is just filling in the blanks.

Comicster
My other vehicle is blue police box
Old May 12th, 2009   Pivitor is offline   #21
Pivitor
Geoffan

Is it bad that, with all the things that I could complain about in this preview, the one that bugs me the most is Jaime?

BLUE BEETLE'S POWERS DO NOT AND HAVE NEVER WORKED THAT WAY

(I mean, I suppose he's been doing it only in this title ever since he joined the team, but I don't know where McKeever got the idea Jaime can make constructs and energy shields - physical shields yeah, but...)

Old May 12th, 2009   michealdark is offline   #22
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Looks like page 4 and page 5.

Good for them.
ddf
DeTroyes View Post
Indeed, although if that's Eddie later in the preview, that's not good, and also it looks like the adrenaline...Rose is either ODing, or going through some bad withdrawls.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old May 12th, 2009   PyroTwilight is offline   #23
PyroTwilight
Supreme Geoffan

Is it bad that, with all the things that I could complain about in this preview, the one that bugs me the most is Jaime?

BLUE BEETLE'S POWERS DO NOT AND HAVE NEVER WORKED THAT WAY

(I mean, I suppose he's been doing it only in this title ever since he joined the team, but I don't know where McKeever got the idea Jaime can make constructs and energy shields - physical shields yeah, but...)
ddf
Pivitor View Post
Hmm...an interesting thing to wonder about. The Scarab is the equivalent of a GL ring for almost anything but making energy shields, too much? Hmmm. I guess I'd have to agree, doesn't seem like it's in the Scarab's set to be able to do that.

Old May 13th, 2009   PyroTwilight is offline   #24
PyroTwilight
Supreme Geoffan

Much like the other issues I give this a *** score.

Not that bad but not all that great.

Apparently we're back to Joey's massive amount of voices causing him all the evilness and yet then we still have him wanting to one up his dad, sigh.

Joey seemingly "kills" all of the Titans using the bomb and escapes using special goggles he rigged so that he'd teleport himself into a cops body that he beat up and stuck somewhere earlier.

Not I KNOW a bomb would not take out Jaime, Megan and probably Starfire so I'm kinda unamused by the bomb knocking them all out.

And Vic's back up.

And Slade confronts Jericho. Eh.

Old May 13th, 2009   Pivitor is offline   #25
Pivitor
Geoffan

Much like the other issues I give this a *** score.

Not that bad but not all that great.

Apparently we're back to Joey's massive amount of voices causing him all the evilness and yet then we still have him wanting to one up his dad, sigh.

Joey seemingly "kills" all of the Titans using the bomb and escapes using special goggles he rigged so that he'd teleport himself into a cops body that he beat up and stuck somewhere earlier.

Not I KNOW a bomb would not take out Jaime, Megan and probably Starfire so I'm kinda unamused by the bomb knocking them all out.

And Vic's back up.

And Slade confronts Jericho. Eh.

ddf
PyroTwilight View Post
Heck, if Bombshell was there she could have absorbed the explosion and probably prevented most of the harm at all, but yet I didn't see her anywhere in the entire issue despite all the other Teen Titans being there. Lame.

There weren't really even any good character moments to make this issue readable as their have for the rest of the crossover.

Old May 13th, 2009   DeTroyes is offline   #26
DeTroyes
Dagnabbit!

*sigh*

Unless someone gives me a really good reason to pick this issue up, I think I'm going to wait until next week so I can get it and the final "Deathtrap" issue as well.

Beast Boy/Raven 'shipper

Where is John Galt?

Looking for meaning, searching for answers, finding nothing but loose change and pocket lint.
Old May 13th, 2009   PyroTwilight is offline   #27
PyroTwilight
Supreme Geoffan

*sigh*

Unless someone gives me a really good reason to pick this issue up, I think I'm going to wait until next week so I can get it and the final "Deathtrap" issue as well.
ddf
DeTroyes View Post
Well. There's. Um.

Rose has a kinda fearless moment going straight to Jericho despite the obvious danger....

Nah, not a good enough one. I suggest you just pick up the last bits together.

Old May 13th, 2009   therealssjlink is offline   #28
therealssjlink
Master Geoffan

I'm predicting the Deathrap ending right now.

Slade impales Joey from behind through the heart saying "Oh Sweet God - I have no choice!".

The other Titans proceed to blame Slade for his death and then the seriously will proceed to SERIOUSLY go downhill for it to get cancelled in a couple of years.

Just my prediction based off of nothing.

"I have no fear of failure."

May 2010
Old May 13th, 2009   DeTroyes is offline   #29
DeTroyes
Dagnabbit!

Slade impales Joey from behind through the heart saying "Oh Sweet God - I have no choice!".
ddf
therealssjlink View Post
Actually, for drama purposes, I'm thinking it might be more dramatic if Rose does the deed.

But somehow, that still doesn't sound "controversial" as Marv Wolfman has said it would be. Its got to be something even more melodramatic than that.

Beast Boy/Raven 'shipper

Where is John Galt?

Looking for meaning, searching for answers, finding nothing but loose change and pocket lint.
Old May 13th, 2009   Wilder Midnight2 is offline   #30
Wilder Midnight2
dandelion

The other Titans proceed to blame Slade for his death and then the seriously will proceed to SERIOUSLY go downhill for it to get cancelled in a couple of years.

Just my prediction based off of nothing.
ddf
therealssjlink View Post
)))))deja vu(((((

Old May 13th, 2009   michealdark is offline   #31
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Not worth the effort, but I like the characters, so I haven't taken it off my list yet, and I'm hoping the fall out will be worth keeping both titles on.

Ugh, I was hoping for more Joey/Rose interaction like last time. That touched me last issue. We got a brief fight, and then Joey escaping. That's it. No deep conversation, no Joey not understanding why she won't help him, nothing like that at all.

Here's hoping SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
the confrontation with Slade next issue

will have all of that stuff, to at least make that seem worth it.

Side note: Anyone else notice that Vigilante looks a little bit like Hunter Rose Grendel if he were a good guy?
Last edited by michealdark; May 13th, 2009 at 08:38 PM.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old May 13th, 2009   Bill Walko is offline   #32
Bill Walko
Comrade

I really don't have much to say about these titles anymore. Aside from some nice character bits from Mr. McKeever, "Deathtrap" has been epic fail. It reads like a slapped-together book from the early 90s. There's a lot of teeth gnashing, violence, but not much really happening.

Check out my new webcomic!
The Hero Business by Bill Walko
Because with great power comes great marketability.