The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old May 15th, 2010   jafabian is offline   #289
jafabian
Iím not dead.

Really good episode, worst specific cliffhanger I've ever seen.

There's at least 3 people who can catch him before he hits the pavement. Doesn't make me go "Want next season now."
ddf
Evan Meadow View Post

Or he could fly. I mean, isn't it about time???

Old May 15th, 2010   smallville is offline   #290
smallville
YoungJustus is remembered

ddf
jafabian View Post
They did seem to be setting it up didn't they? Season 10 of Smallville, sounds more like season one of Metropolis. All of the pieces are there. Including a very special box Momma Kent left for Clark.

"I Will Have a Wolverine FREE X-Book. In Fact, It Will Be Called 'No Wolverine.'-Whedon
Old May 15th, 2010   Sentinel119 is offline   #291
Sentinel119
Supreme Geoffan

It felt like this finale was setting up for the final season of Smallville. I thought the overall episode was great and I would have loved to have seen more of the League and Society. I really like the guy they have playing Carter Hall.

"Bible, Wrath of Kahn. What's the difference?"
Cyclops was Right
Old May 15th, 2010   Evan Meadow is offline   #292
Evan Meadow
Geoffan

ddf
jafabian View Post
The producers have always gone with the idea that the minute Clark flies, that's the end of the series. That's why they had the phrase "No flight, no tights."

Well we know he's at least now GOT the tights so I'm sure the series would end up with finally doing an "Up, Up and Away" moment. Specially if that future flash to 2013 does hold up as them more or less giving an end date of sorts.

Old May 16th, 2010   Neo God is offline   #293
Neo God
Geoffan

The producers have always gone with the idea that the minute Clark flies, that's the end of the series. That's why they had the phrase "No flight, no tights."
ddf
But those same producers aren't even there anymore.

Pull List: Action Comics, The Flash, Green Arrow, Superboy, Superman/Batman
Old May 16th, 2010   SethKane is offline   #294
SethKane
Geoffan

A friend of mines guess Omac.
ddf
shamon2k7 View Post
That's what I think too. That symbol that popped up at the end of the "Previously on Smallville", then again when Ollie started up the Watchtower Satellite looked like an eye. Brother Eye. And the face of that old woman knitting looked a bit like Lex. If it was Darkseid, then it would have been Desaad, but what would they want with Tess' body or Ollie? But Lex had hidden recording devices in Tess's body so why not something else he needed, and course Ollie "killed" him so Lex would want revenge. Bringing Lex back for the final season makes much more sense. And since the producers said comic book fans should be able to spot the clue hidden in the finale as to who the next villain will be, it seems like it's going to be more than just Lex (who anyone who watches the show would be able to figure out), and the only solid clue that doesn't have more than one way to be interpreted IMO, is the satellite and the eye symbol.

All will be... MINE!
Old May 16th, 2010   Evan Meadow is offline   #295
Evan Meadow
Geoffan

But those same producers aren't even there anymore.
ddf
neogod557 View Post
The producers who came after them said they'd stick with it.

Old May 16th, 2010   Neo God is offline   #296
Neo God
Geoffan

The producers who came after them said they'd stick with it.
ddf
Evan Meadow View Post
Do you have a link for that?

The point of the no tights to flights rule was to make Smallville a credible show that didn't directly involve Superman in high school, but rather the kid growing up. Now, we had a bunch Kandorians flying, we've gotten villains like Doomsday and Zod. The rule is pretty much outdated.

Old May 16th, 2010   handler313 is offline   #297
handler313
Geoffan

That's what I think too. That symbol that popped up at the end of the "Previously on Smallville", then again when Ollie started up the Watchtower Satellite looked like an eye. Brother Eye. And the face of that old woman knitting looked a bit like Lex. If it was Darkseid, then it would have been Desaad, but what would they want with Tess' body or Ollie? But Lex had hidden recording devices in Tess's body so why not something else he needed, and course Ollie "killed" him so Lex would want revenge. Bringing Lex back for the final season makes much more sense. And since the producers said comic book fans should be able to spot the clue hidden in the finale as to who the next villain will be, it seems like it's going to be more than just Lex (who anyone who watches the show would be able to figure out), and the only solid clue that doesn't have more than one way to be interpreted IMO, is the satellite and the eye symbol.
ddf
SethKane View Post
The problem is that Michael Rosenbaum hasn't signed on to be in the show and as of March was not going to return. They won't have anyone else play Lex so unless he changes his mind rather quickly I doubt it will be Lex. (not as a big bad, wouldnt surprise me if he did a cameo)

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=16158

OMAC is a possibility, I dont remember seeing the Brother Eye clues but I will look for them. But then who is the old lady and why does she want Tess? It wasn't Waller because the hands were white so is it Max?

My money is still on Granny Goodness and she wants Tess in the Furies but that is just because I think it would be epic, there isnt enough evidence to support any idea as of now.

Old May 16th, 2010   smallville is offline   #298
smallville
YoungJustus is remembered

Doug Side needs to come to Smallville.

"I Will Have a Wolverine FREE X-Book. In Fact, It Will Be Called 'No Wolverine.'-Whedon
Old May 16th, 2010   Sp33df0rc3 is offline   #299
Sp33df0rc3
Dark Lord of Lumberjacks

old lady is totally granny goodness...i think Darkseid, and those things after ollie? Parademons. It's apokolips.

If OMAC is involved, i'm sure Darkseid will somehow take control of them.

Check out Pulpline Magazine for original prose content! Submissions welcome!
Old May 17th, 2010   jafabian is offline   #300
jafabian
Iím not dead.

Let's look at what happened to Ollie closely. Whomever or whatever swarmed towards him it was PDQ and they started pounding on the shaft he was in. That might suggest his life was in danger however his call to Chloe didn't come across as though he feared for his life. In fact he almost sounded relieved.

If it was Kandorians, he'd be dead. I'm thinking if it was Parademons he'd be dead. They're not gonna kill Ollie. Therfore I'm wondering if it's either the Legion of Super-Heroes or the New Gods. But I'm curious as to why they were pounding on the shaft Ollie was in.

Or maybe it's more Kyrptonians led by Kara?

Old May 17th, 2010   SethKane is offline   #301
SethKane
Geoffan

Let's look at what happened to Ollie closely. Whomever or whatever swarmed towards him it was PDQ and they started pounding on the shaft he was in. That might suggest his life was in danger however his call to Chloe didn't come across as though he feared for his life. In fact he almost sounded relieved.

If it was Kandorians, he'd be dead. I'm thinking if it was Parademons he'd be dead. They're not gonna kill Ollie. Therfore I'm wondering if it's either the Legion of Super-Heroes or the New Gods. But I'm curious as to why they were pounding on the shaft Ollie was in.

Or maybe it's more Kyrptonians led by Kara?
ddf
jafabian View Post
But he did say they weren't Kandorians. And he sounded frightened to me. Have to go back and rewatch it.

All will be... MINE!
Old May 17th, 2010   God-Man is offline   #302
God-Man
God-Man Don't Socialize

But he did say they weren't Kandorians. And he sounded frightened to me. Have to go back and rewatch it.
ddf
SethKane View Post
I agree. The Parademons wouldn't necessarily kill GA. Maybe they want him for a Dark Side Club. Or to be a vessel for one of Darkseid's minions. I mean, if they even were Parademons.

Old May 17th, 2010   Neo God is offline   #303
Neo God
Geoffan

I think Peterson stated in an interview that the big bad for Season 10 would be hinted at in the finale, and we comic fans would be able to identify it.

So my bet is on Darkseid and the Parademons.

Check this out:

Last edited by Neo God; May 17th, 2010 at 08:13 PM.

Old May 17th, 2010   TTitanFan25 is offline   #304
TTitanFan25
Geoffan

New Gods in the upcoming season would be great!