The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old May 6th, 2010   jon-el87 is offline   #273
jon-el87
Neo Geoffan

SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
Yeah, its an energy manipulating device fueled by stellar power. But just because it can supercharge a Kryptonion doesn't mean that's ALL it can do. Red suns provide stellar energy as well...

ddf
Amentep View Post
And what are, the odds, that there's energy from a red sun, inside of it, during the battle against, the Kandorians? By all logic, the majority, of the stellar energy absorbed into it, would be from our region of space (which only has yellow suns, if I'm not mistaken), and they'd hardly have the time, to isolate any stellar energy, from a red sun, that the staff might've absorbed..

Old May 6th, 2010   Greg Waite is offline   #274
Greg Waite
Uber Geoffan

The last time I watched Smallville was the "movie event" with JSA. Then I find out Ma Kent is returning?!

That's good enough for me. (I know it's one episode but I'll take it)

"We can't be all heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." Will Rogers
Old May 6th, 2010   smallville is offline   #275
smallville
YoungJustus is remembered

The last time I watched Smallville was the "movie event" with JSA. Then I find out Ma Kent is returning?!

That's good enough for me. (I know it's one episode but I'll take it)
ddf
Greg Waite View Post
Shes not the only one returning

"I Will Have a Wolverine FREE X-Book. In Fact, It Will Be Called 'No Wolverine.'-Whedon
Old May 7th, 2010   jon-el87 is offline   #276
jon-el87
Neo Geoffan

I am, however, looking forward to Cyborg's appearance. Presumably, Salvation, continue in the season 10 premiere. So, with a little luck, Cyborg might be severaly damaged, by the Kandorians, in these two episodes... Which would then require, further upgrades (including an exoskeleton). Perhaps even land him, in a "coma", that he wakes up from, after about ten years. They could actually do a scene, towards the end of the season 10 premiere, where Victor wakes up (in the year 2020, or something, with an exoskeleton. However, he hasn't visibly aged), meets the older Oliver (who's grown a little... Facial hair) and then drops a hint, that he'll be joining the Teen Titans.

And, if Geoff does another episode, next season. He could do a Flash episode; Bart Allen returns to Smallville. Clark finds a Legion ring, in Bart's backpack and tries to confront him, about it. A member of the Legion of Super Heroes, appears and reveals that Bart's from the future too (Bart did joke(?) about being, from the future, in [i]Run[i]). Sent back in time, to prevent an assassination attempt, on his own grandfather (at the hands, of Eobard Thawne). However, Bart went longer back, in time, then was intended. Bart struggles with feelings of fear, that he'll be unable, to complete his mission. But, with Clark's help, he find the courage, within himself and goes to Central City, to confront Thawne (who's just arrived, in the past). Clark shows up, to help and they both fight Thawne, together. However, just as Thawne's defeated, Bart's hit by lightning (guess which day, this takes place, on...) and disappears (as his Legion ring's activated, by the lightning), decades, into the future. Where he meets, Wally (who's recently become, the latest Flash). With any luck, they could also feature Barry (at least, the accident, that grants him, super speed. But, additional scenes, would be great) and Jay (as he's supposed, to inspire Barry, to become the second Flash), in the episode.

Old May 13th, 2010   achilles140 is offline   #277
achilles140
Supreme Geoffan

This is what the Canadian promo reveals:

Either the biggest development in the series to date, or another swerve, in any case don't highlight unless you want major possible spoilers:

"Look, up in the sky!" To the strains of John Williams' Superman theme...

Old May 14th, 2010   shamon2k7 is offline   #278
shamon2k7
Geoffan

The time jump happen at the start and man was it good also the part where clark mother left the suit was even better . I'm starting to think darkseid is on earth or something because green arrow was taken and said it not Clark people also someone went to tess in the hospital .Great ending for now can't wait until fall .

Old May 14th, 2010   handler313 is offline   #279
handler313
Geoffan

My buddy is convinced that the old lady outside Tess' room was Granny Goodness...I have yet to be able to refute it.

Old May 15th, 2010   The Krystal Method is offline   #280
The Krystal Method
My <:3_)~ likes HAUS

My buddy is convinced that the old lady outside Tess' room was Granny Goodness...I have yet to be able to refute it.
ddf
handler313 View Post
^ I believe this is so! I think Tess is a candidate for the furies. Does this mean we'll get Big Barda soon? =D

"We tell lies about each other because the truth is such a bore."
Old May 15th, 2010   shamon2k7 is offline   #281
shamon2k7
Geoffan

old lady in the hospital is Granny Goodness i bet money .

Old May 15th, 2010   jafabian is offline   #282
jafabian
I’m not dead.

Any guesses on who or what exactly swarmed Ollie? I have no clue but I'd be thrilled if it was the Legion.

Old May 15th, 2010   jon-el87 is offline   #283
jon-el87
Neo Geoffan

Any guesses on who or what exactly swarmed Ollie? I have no clue but I'd be thrilled if it was the Legion.
ddf
jafabian View Post
On the Kryptonsite boards, there's a speculation, that it was parademons (and that the old woman, was Granny Goodness). But, I doubt it. With Smallville's, they couldn't do parademons (not to mention Darkseid, who'd then appear, next season, if this is the case).

Personally, I'd prefer, that they'd focus next season, on just finishing the story (i.e. having Clark become Superman) and tying up lose ends.

Old May 15th, 2010   God-Man is offline   #284
God-Man
God-Man Don't Socialize

On the Kryptonsite boards, there's a speculation, that it was parademons (and that the old woman, was Granny Goodness). But, I doubt it. With Smallville's, they couldn't do parademons (not to mention Darkseid, who'd then appear, next season, if this is the case).

Personally, I'd prefer, that they'd focus next season, on just finishing the story (i.e. having Clark become Superman) and tying up lose ends.
ddf
jon-el87 View Post
With their budget, they couldn't faithfully recreate the Parademons. But Smallville's not always faithful when it comes to the comic- to- TV translation. If we do see Darkseid and his people on the show next year, they'll probably look like the human versions we saw leading up to "Final Crisis".

Old May 15th, 2010   handler313 is offline   #285
handler313
Geoffan

Well next season is the last season and they have no other villains to fight minus a return of Doomsday. Not to mention the Kandorians were just sent to "A Different Plane of Existence" and pretty much every episode someone mentions the word apocalypse in some sense or another.

Think of it this way, it is a perfect reason to bring back the Legion (come to warn Clark about what Doomsday is and so on) bring back the JSA (maybe all of them) and form the JLA. What better way to get Clark to don the Red and Blue than than a war with a God?

Personally I am skeptical, but they definitely have hinted in that direction.

Old May 15th, 2010   shamon2k7 is offline   #286
shamon2k7
Geoffan

ddf
jafabian View Post
A friend of mines guess Omac.

Old May 15th, 2010   Evan Meadow is offline   #287
Evan Meadow
Geoffan

Really good episode, worst specific cliffhanger I've ever seen.

There's at least 3 people who can catch him before he hits the pavement. Doesn't make me go "Want next season now."

Old May 15th, 2010   Neo God is offline   #288
Neo God
Geoffan

I don't really care if we know how easy it is for him to get out of that situation. In the context of the episode, it was an awesome sacrifice, and the scene where he was falling was great aesthetically.

Season 8 has been redeemed.

Pull List: Action Comics, The Flash, Green Arrow, Superboy, Superman/Batman