The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old January 24th, 2009   TJ Freeman is offline   #113
TJ Freeman
The Captain

um his death in B&B was Bucky's... I wouldn't call it better.

Yeah in comics he got his can kicked by an OMAC and then took a bullet in the head from Max ... so what? Not everyone gets a grand over dramatic Bucky style death. His death still served a purpose and Max Lord got what was coming to him anyway thanks to Wonder Woman.

I'm a fan of Ted , I had no problem with how he died in the show or the comic. Not everyone gan get blown up and not have their body found so it leaves you wondering if they are truly dead or not. Sometimes dead is dead and there needs to be no doubt about it ....and then sometimes you get hit with Omega Beams. HAHAHA

Hey dork, shut up before I retcon your face!
Old January 24th, 2009   Madison Lee is offline   #114
Madison Lee
Rebooted and ready!

This is a kids show, so blowing his brains out would seem out of place.

"On Earth I'm Lee,.....Linda Lee."
http://krypto-blog.blogspot.com
Old January 24th, 2009   Terry Sloane is offline   #115
Terry Sloane
Master Geoffan

This is a kids show, so blowing his brains out would seem out of place.
ddf
Madison Lee View Post
yep - well said

Old January 25th, 2009   Capt America1941 is offline   #116
Capt America1941
Advanced Geoffan

um his death in B&B was Bucky's... I wouldn't call it better.

Yeah in comics he got his can kicked by an OMAC and then took a bullet in the head from Max ... so what? Not everyone gets a grand over dramatic Bucky style death. His death still served a purpose and Max Lord got what was coming to him anyway thanks to Wonder Woman.

I'm a fan of Ted , I had no problem with how he died in the show or the comic. Not everyone gan get blown up and not have their body found so it leaves you wondering if they are truly dead or not. Sometimes dead is dead and there needs to be no doubt about it ....and then sometimes you get hit with Omega Beams. HAHAHA
ddf
TJ Freeman View Post
Please read my previous post.

fight the power !!!!! don't register!!!
Old January 25th, 2009   Wayne Voto is offline   #117
Wayne Voto
Paladin

Well enough about the death of a character. Back to the show....

I thought that this was another very fine episode. I like how Jamie gives the GL orgin exact and his buddy says that was the worst made up orgin ever. Thus setting up the emotional journey for Jamie.

Really a member since Aug 2003 as CaptainFlash
Old January 25th, 2009   Arcademan/PixieP is offline   #118
Arcademan/PixieP
Zettai daijōbu da yo

Since I don't buy comics these days, I don't know a whole lot about Jamie aka the new Blue Beetle, his origins or personality. That said however I enjoy his characterization on the B&B series and could see him as not only a regular here but possibly on a series of his own.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
Neo-Geo Forum: Official WWE Thread- Results and news!
Old January 25th, 2009   Capt America1941 is offline   #119
Capt America1941
Advanced Geoffan

Since I don't buy comics these days, I don't know a whole lot about Jamie aka the new Blue Beetle, his origins or personality. That said however I enjoy his characterization on the B&B series and could see him as not only a regular here but possibly on a series of his own.
ddf
Arcademan/PixieP View Post
I haven't really read the new Blue Beetle either, but if his character is similar to the way he is portrayed on B:BAB I'm gonna pick up the trades. Anyone know how many there are? I saw 4 listed on Amazon.

fight the power !!!!! don't register!!!
Old January 25th, 2009   PyroTwilight is offline   #120
PyroTwilight
Supreme Geoffan

I haven't really read the new Blue Beetle either, but if his character is similar to the way he is portrayed on B:BAB I'm gonna pick up the trades. Anyone know how many there are? I saw 4 listed on Amazon.
ddf
Capt America1941 View Post
Yep four trade out so far with a fifth coming out in April.

Old January 25th, 2009   Jeff Nowicki is offline   #121
Jeff Nowicki
Pineapple!

ddf
Arcademan/PixieP View Post
So Far:

Blue Beetle (Book 1): Shellshocked
Blue Beetle (Book 2): Road Trip
Blue Beetle (Book 3): Reach for the Stars
Blue Beetle (Vol. 04): Endgame
Blue Beetle (Vol. 5): Boundaries--released on April 7, 2009

I love Blue Beetle and I always tell everyone to buy the first two trades when deciding on this series. Because, as wonderful as the first trade is, the second trade is where the heart of the series came in. Vol. 2 contains #7 which brought Jaime to life for me as a character and I've never looked back since. If you like BB on the Brave & Bold you will love Vol. 2.

Also--- Jaime had a brilliant guest spot in #2 of the Brave & Bold series. (Not the new series coming out this week based on the cartoon, but the one that Waid/Perez relaunched a few years back.) Waid did a really great job of finding Jaime's voice. He works well with Batman and I wouldn't doubt if the animators had this issue in mind when they were thinking of heroes to use who play well off of Batman.

I'd recommend you seek this issue out. It can be found in Brave & The Bold Vol. 1: Lords Of Luck (Paperback).

Hope you enjoy Blue Beetle!

Old January 25th, 2009   Wally West888 is offline   #122
Wally West888
Green Lantern's Light

I read the interview with James Tucker, and I can't wait for the Green Lantern episode, I can't wait to see Guy fight Sinestro, and I hope Hal is in the episode too because they say a Fan Favorite Green Lantern is going to be in it too.

A Green Lantern Overcomes Fear Everytime They Face It!-Hal Jordan-Green Lantern

Don't Call Me Superman...Call Me Superboy!-Conner Kent-Superboy
Old January 26th, 2009   Jeff Nowicki is offline   #123
Jeff Nowicki
Pineapple!

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=19678

I'm really excited over the next episode because, in addition all the guests advertised like Aquaman, Atom, Brain and Chemo...Wikipedia has an episode guide and they list the two guest-stars for the mini-cartoon before the opening credits and...I won't spoil it for you yet. (You can check out Wikipedia if you're curious.)

Just know that, if it's true, then it's going to be an animation first as these heroes meet on tv for the first time. I can't wait for this Friday's episode now!!

Old January 27th, 2009   Gunsmoke is offline   #124
Gunsmoke
Neo Geoffan

I thought it was COOL that one of Uncle Jarvis Kord's bodyguards was reading a "Mystery in Space" comic while having a coffee break.

Also was COOL seeing Jack Kirby's BUILD-A-WOMAN cover from OMAC as a fallen billboard in the Kamandi Opener.

This show is pure FUN!!!

Old January 27th, 2009   Eric Q is offline   #125
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

"Journey to the Center of the Bat" pics and video

Do it again!

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Will replace free speech w/fee speech. You can still give your 2 cents but you have to pay us $2 each time. U$A, U$A, U$A!
Old January 28th, 2009   therealssjlink is offline   #126
therealssjlink
Master Geoffan

Read the first issue of the comic series AND...

The first 3 pages or so had Aquaman and Batman but the rest was Powergirl and Batman against Lex Luthor (they weren't even on the cover!)

Powergirl looks like Joan Rivers EW (what were they thinking?! She looks like she's in her 50's). Luthor is the silverage crazy mad 300 pund scientist.

SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
The basic plot was that Batman gets a call from Alfred (after the Aquaman adventure) telling him that there is a disturbance in London. In London, Karen Starr is giving a presentation on some new software they are developing when an earthquake occurs. We see that Luthor has made a machine to create some blob thing to rob a museum. Batman tries to fight it but is getting beat up when Powergirl comes. She is about to attack it when she finds out that the blob is composed of a bunch of innocent British people. Batman has PG use her x-ray vision to find the source of the controller and the find Luthor. They beat him up a little and PG hacks into his computer to turn it off. She can't figure out his password yet and Batman tells Luthor that he informed the authorities about the jewels before hand so that monster can't get them. Luthor laughs at him and tells him that he made a big mistake because the creature won't stop until it gets the jewels. Batman and PG guess the password at the same time (superman) and get Luthor arrested (since the blob fell apart and everyone became free). PG asks Batman what he did with the jewels and it seems he gave them to the queen. She gives them both medals and that's pretty much it.

I liked it but not PG's face...

Old January 30th, 2009   Eric Q is offline   #127
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

Info on upcoming episodes

G'NORT!!!

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Will replace free speech w/fee speech. You can still give your 2 cents but you have to pay us $2 each time. U$A, U$A, U$A!
Old January 30th, 2009   Jeff Nowicki is offline   #128
Jeff Nowicki
Pineapple!

Ha, Ha!!! Just seeing Plastic Man and Elongated Man on-screen together will make this episode worth watching!

If only they weren't just the opening short...