The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old January 14th, 2009   Devlyn16 is offline   #81
Devlyn16
CODA

I dunno...I was always a bit particular to Dennis Farina's turn on JLU. Had just the right amount of grit and attitude.
ddf
allanf View Post
You're not alone. I think Emery did fine, but If they did a DTV WIldcat Movie I'd pick Dennis Farina over him for the voicing duties

Is it wrong to Quote the Devil if what he is saying is true?
Old January 14th, 2009   Eric Q is offline   #82
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

Wil Wheaton is Ted Kord!

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Will replace free speech w/fee speech. You can still give your 2 cents but you have to pay us $2 each time. U$A, U$A, U$A!
Old January 16th, 2009   Eric Q is offline   #83
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...1/16/index.htm
BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD: "JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE BAT!"

The Friday, Jan. 30 episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold on Cartoon Network will be "Journey to the Center of the Bat!"

In the episode, Atom and Aquaman shrink themselves to fight a virus in Batman's bloodsream after he's been poisoned by Chemo.

Atom is voiced by James Sie.

The episode is written by Matt Wayne and directed by Michael Chang.

Look for more Batman: The Brave and the Bold news soon here in The Continuum.
ddf

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Will replace free speech w/fee speech. You can still give your 2 cents but you have to pay us $2 each time. U$A, U$A, U$A!
Old January 16th, 2009   RJ Squires is offline   #84
RJ Squires
persona non grata

Next on Brave and the Bold....

The Old and the New: BLUE BEETLE!!!!!!!!

This episode was very enjoyable....

Old January 16th, 2009   Jeff Nowicki is offline   #85
Jeff Nowicki
Pineapple!

Tonight's episode rocked! Seeing Deadman, Green Arrow and Speedy(!), along with Gentleman Ghost and Kamandi in the opening...this cartoon is off the wall. Seriously, I never know what or who is going to show up next.

Speedy was great to see because it makes me think an old school Teen Titans episode could be around the corner.

The Kamandi stuff was awesome, but way too short! I want an entire Kamandi episode asap. Dr. Canus was cool and the art was very Kirbyesque. I really hope that the animators have a follow-up story planned. (Many of the characters featured on the show have returned like Blue Beetle, Green Arrow and Gentleman Ghost.)

This show is such a loving tribute to the DCU. I hope it's doing well in the ratings because I'm officially obsessed with the show as of tonight! If you missed it, seek this one out!

Old January 17th, 2009   Big Bad Voodoo Lou is offline   #86
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
I am the Law... Librarian

Wait... TED KORD is appearing, alongside the new Blue Beetle? I haven't been watching this show since I don't get cable. I like the character designs, though. Is there a place online that will be showing the episodes? Does Cartoon Network show these on its website?

My website, including comics and toys for sale or trade: http://www.geocities.com/bigbadvoodoolou .
Old January 17th, 2009   Eric Q is offline   #87
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

Wait... TED KORD is appearing, alongside the new Blue Beetle? I haven't been watching this show since I don't get cable. I like the character designs, though. Is there a place online that will be showing the episodes? Does Cartoon Network show these on its website?
ddf
Big Bad Voodoo Lou View Post
Wait a few days and somebody will probably put it on YouTube.

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Old January 17th, 2009   PyroTwilight is offline   #88
PyroTwilight
Supreme Geoffan

Great episode. Speedy saying golly all the time was fundorable. But man I wanted the whole ep to be Kamandi!

Next ep looks interesting. Wonder what Ted's story will be here. I assumed he wasn't going to exist since Batman didn't seem to know about other Blue Beetle's and the prior Blue Beetle to Jaime was apparently a space hero BBB continuity.

Old January 17th, 2009   Green Guardsman is offline   #89
Green Guardsman
Master Geoffan

ddf
Big Bad Voodoo Lou View Post
I just checked, and Cartoon Network is streaming two of the episodes right now--The Wildcat one and the Green Arrow/Demon shows. It said the Wildcat show would be available until Jan. 25. You can also purchase the shows on iTunes.

Old January 17th, 2009   Eric Q is offline   #90
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

Fall of the Blue Beetle (description, pics, preview within)

Get ready to bwahahaha

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Old January 17th, 2009   Eric Q is offline   #91
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

Argghhh!!! I can hear the audio but the video doesn't show up!

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Old January 17th, 2009   Green Guardsman is offline   #92
Green Guardsman
Master Geoffan

I saw the linked preview and I'm really looking forward to this. I just wish they could fit Dan Garrett in there somewhere!

Old January 18th, 2009   oddballuk is offline   #93
oddballuk
Dapper English Bloke

Got around to watching the last three episodes today and they were pretty cool.

Seeing the GLCorps was a definite highlight and I hope we get a full episode of GL goodness soon.

The Outsiders episode was pretty cool, mostly for Ermey as Wildcat though it was great seeing Black Lightning, Metamorpho & Katana even if I wasn't too keen on them being so young (and now it seems that the Black Lightning costume glimpsed in the BL: Year One comic is based on the cartoon or vice versa).

The Deadman episode was fun too though I was most blown away by the Kamandi opener (did anyone else see the OMAC tribute on the billboard?)

I am also very excited about the upcoming Ted Kord/Jaime Reyes episode and the upcoming Aquaman/Atom Fantastic Voyage-style episode sounds like mad genius!

Loving the fun here.

All things are possible here and I am what madness has made me. Whole and complete and free at last.
- Amadeus Arkham

My Movie Reviews
Old January 18th, 2009   Terry Sloane is offline   #94
Terry Sloane
Master Geoffan

Got my son a Aquaman action figure at Wal Mart. My daughter, who is three, LOVES the Wildcat episode. Can't figure out why. She quotes it: 'It has fish AND bananas!, 'Fancy dancy Batmobile', 'Hot sauce in the tiger tonic.'

Old January 18th, 2009   moira is offline   #95
moira
Edit-God Eric's follower

I was totally surprised to find how much I'm liking this show. I mean it's totally a kids show. The thing is, it's still coming from those same people who've been involved all along in the DCAU which means the writing still has that smart, funny "don't talk down to the kids" tone, and these people have this great sense of the DC characters.
I don't know how they do it, but somehow they are combining my Batman with a certain amount of kid silliness and making it work.
Again...smart writing, clever dialogue.

...still searching for my ultraviolet smile
Old January 18th, 2009   moira is offline   #96
moira
Edit-God Eric's follower

The only thing is...it keeps reminding me of How. Much. I. Miss. Justice League/JLU. !!

...still searching for my ultraviolet smile