The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old May 1st, 2009   ronaldj is offline   #321
ronaldj
Supreme Geoffan

chloe as good as she has made the show ...it's time for her to go..
supergirl should come back

One day I'll be done with this, but for now, once more into the fray. Thom
Old May 4th, 2009   Morgan K. is offline   #322
Morgan K.
Neo Geoffan

I must say I hadn't been watching smallville for a while and now I'm watcing again and I love it. I can't wait for the season finale, bring on Clark vs. Doomsday!

Tell me Jean, is this where old discos go to die?
Old May 6th, 2009   King Krypton is offline   #323
King Krypton
Neo Geoffan

Sadly though, I think Smallville is running out of time to turn Clark into Superman. They keep up much longer and no one will care when and if they finally do it.
ddf
achilles140 View Post
Since Tom Welling refuses to wear the suit (the producers recently said he still won't do it), the best you'll get is maybe a shirt-rip at the end. If that. He doesn't want to be Superman, and that's part of the reason why CKINO hasn't evolved into the Clark Kent we know and love.

Some Smallville fans think that Welling's in the right, and that Superman's costume should either be radically altered or trashed altogether to accomodate Welling. But what good would that do once Smallville ends? Once the show's over, he's finished with the role. It's not like he's going to play this role indefinitely.

I love hot chicks in spandex.

Check out my novel Wounds of the Heart at Amazon.com!
Old May 7th, 2009   Greg Waite is offline   #324
Greg Waite
Uber Geoffan

Well I think I know how Clark triggers Doomday for good. (Clark wants to see if he can split the Doomsday from Davis using Black Kryptonite and send Doomsday to the Phantom Zone)

Oh boy the season finale will be rocking. Very awesome to Cosmic Boy back!!

"We can't be all heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." Will Rogers
Old May 8th, 2009   Bill Walko is offline   #325
Bill Walko
Comrade

Best season yet. I cant believe MORE people arent talking it up.

I LOVE their take on Doomsday, and the Chloe/Davis/Jimmy stuff is Buffy-worthy in its depth.

Tess Mercer: Savior of Kandor? I wasn't sure about Tess at first, but she's grown into a cool character on her own.

Also, it's like they are BARELY concealing the fact that Green Arrow is their "stand in" for Bruce Wayne, since they couldnt use him. The friendship with Clark, the darker appoach to justice - and now the kryptonite ring.

PLEASE finale, be good!

Check out my new webcomic!
The Hero Business by Bill Walko
Because with great power comes great marketability.
Old May 8th, 2009   jon-el87 is offline   #326
jon-el87
Neo Geoffan

So, Smallville has killed off two more future Superman villains.

That makes Lex Luthor, Bizarro, Brainiac (possibly, since he's been reprogrammed into Brainiac 5), Morgan Edge, Faora, General Zod, Livewire and Neutron all gone.

Their version of Mxyzptlk was depowered in the end of his appearance (however, as I understand it, he's since regained it).

It seems like Smallville won't rest until they've killed off/depowered/destroyed every single Superman villain out there.

Old May 8th, 2009   SethKane is offline   #327
SethKane
Geoffan

Parasite was awesome! And as soon as Tess told Clark an entire civilation's survival depended on it I knew she was talking about Kandor. I wanna see the bottle city! I can't wait for the finale and big Clark/Doomsday fight.

Old May 8th, 2009   Bill Walko is offline   #328
Bill Walko
Comrade

Parasite was awesome! And as soon as Tess told Clark an entire civilation's survival depended on it I knew she was talking about Kandor. I wanna see the bottle city! I can't wait for the finale and big Clark/Doomsday fight.
ddf
SethKane View Post
Were Parasite and Livewire new to teh series? Or did they appear before? I don't recall them.

If Kandor is next season, I'm sure they will try to get Kara back in the series (although she is invloved with V)

Old May 8th, 2009   jon-el87 is offline   #329
jon-el87
Neo Geoffan

Were Parasite and Livewire new to teh series? Or did they appear before? I don't recall them.

If Kandor is next season, I'm sure they will try to get Kara back in the series (although she is invloved with V)
ddf
Bill Walko View Post
No, it was they're first (and, in Livewire's case, only) one (only Plastique has appeared before).

Old May 8th, 2009   jon-el87 is offline   #330
jon-el87
Neo Geoffan

No, it was they're first (and, in Livewire's case, only) one (only Plastique has appeared before).
ddf
jon-el87 View Post
(Passed the 15 minute limit to edit my post)

I'm not that crazy about the fact that they made Livewire, Neutron and Parasite meteor freaks. In the case of Parasite, it makes me question if he can really use his powers on Clark (seeing how in a lot of cases the powers of meteor freaks won't work on him; Look at Geoff Johns (not that one!) in "Recruit", is ability to paralyze people didn't work, neither did the ability of the kid in "Forever" work, in "Hug" he proved immune to the persuasive handshakes of two meteor freaks). It would be one thing if they'd introduce a version of Joseph Meach (the original Composite Superman) and had him be a meteor freak, with the ability to drain powers from other meteor freaks (however, metahumans who don't get their powers from Kryptonite, would be immune to this ability), permantly. In that case, I would be okay with the character being a meteor freak, because that origin of his powers (that he first gains power absorption from Kryptonite and then goes around draining the powers of other meteor freaks, making him stronger) would be much better, then in the comics; Him being a custodian at the Superman Museum, who stands next to a series of statuettes, depicting the Legion of Super-Heroes, a bolt of lightning passes through an open window and hits the display, resulting in Meach gaining their abilities. But, other then that, I'd prefer if they stoped turning everyone into meteor freaks.
Last edited by jon-el87; May 8th, 2009 at 02:41 PM.

Old May 9th, 2009   jafabian is offline   #331
jafabian
Iím not dead.

I'm not sure if this is the best season ever, I still have issues on how almost all the characters are being handled.

Clark is, IMO, so indecisive its frustrating. Ditto on Chloe.

Time to go forward on Lois and Clark's relationship.

Clark should be concerned that he can't fly. And where is his microscopic and infra red vision?

Ollie is too bloodthirsty for my taste.

I didn't like how Lana went out.

Where is Martha?

Where is Perry White? Wasn't he the one who hired Lois and Clark?

I didn't like how Kara was written out of the series. If they introduced her, they can't just boot her off just like that after one season.

Some elements I think that should have been introduced by now are the Guardians of Oa, the Amazons, Phantom Stranger, Doctor Fate and possibly Carter Hall and Ray Palmer. I also think this season would have been a great time to have Lex start up a premliminary Revenge Squad, minus the name of course. Having them carry out his orders throughout this whole season, using hit and run tactics on Clark possibly.

However, I think the inclusion of the Legion this season has been a huge plus and I can't wait to see how Geoff uses them in the finale.

Old May 11th, 2009   SethKane is offline   #332
SethKane
Geoffan

I'm not sure if this is the best season ever, I still have issues on how almost all the characters are being handled.

Clark is, IMO, so indecisive its frustrating. Ditto on Chloe.

Time to go forward on Lois and Clark's relationship.

Clark should be concerned that he can't fly. And where is his microscopic and infra red vision?

Ollie is too bloodthirsty for my taste.

I didn't like how Lana went out.

Where is Martha?

Where is Perry White? Wasn't he the one who hired Lois and Clark?

I didn't like how Kara was written out of the series. If they introduced her, they can't just boot her off just like that after one season.

Some elements I think that should have been introduced by now are the Guardians of Oa, the Amazons, Phantom Stranger, Doctor Fate and possibly Carter Hall and Ray Palmer. I also think this season would have been a great time to have Lex start up a premliminary Revenge Squad, minus the name of course. Having them carry out his orders throughout this whole season, using hit and run tactics on Clark possibly.

However, I think the inclusion of the Legion this season has been a huge plus and I can't wait to see how Geoff uses them in the finale.
ddf
jafabian View Post
Perry White after appearing never went back to work at The Planet and is out there somewhere. He did not hire Clark or Lois in the Smallville Universe.

Old May 11th, 2009   jafabian is offline   #333
jafabian
Iím not dead.

I know, I'm saying that they're contradicting what's established in the comics. But that's nothing new. They've made Lana a mockerey of what she is in the comics anyways.

Old May 12th, 2009   SethKane is offline   #334
SethKane
Geoffan

I know, I'm saying that they're contradicting what's established in the comics. But that's nothing new. They've made Lana a mockerey of what she is in the comics anyways.
ddf
jafabian View Post
They started that with Clark landing as a 3 year old walking around and not a baby. It's like an Elseworlds. They can change what they want around.

Old May 14th, 2009   Bill Walko is offline   #335
Bill Walko
Comrade

Season Finale spoilers:

Well, they took what I believed to be the BEST season -- and they ruined it all in one episode.

WHY introduced the Legion ring that changes time - and not even show Clark tempted to use it? To maybe, save FakeJimmy? Throw Davis is the Phantom Zone while he had the chance? Something?

WHY did they "ret-con" Smallville Jimmy as FakeJimmy (Henry James Olsen)? I was wondering why they diverged from comic Jimmy by having him marry Chloe, and I guess now we know. So, his little brother (with bowtie and freckles) is "real Jimmy Olsen"? Lame. Beyond lame, actually. Maybe next season, "Lois" will discover Clark's secret and she'll be revealed as the aunt of "Real Lois"...?

WHY spend the entire season building sympathy for Davis, only to have him turn psycho in an instant? Argh!

WHY is Clark such a drama queen? "Clark Kent is dead." So strange and overly dramatic.

WHY didn't they adapt the comic story closer and have Clark "actually" die in the pentultimate episode of the season? The "big" battle was a big nothing.

WHY tease Kandor and end with Zod?

I'm sooooooooo disappointed.
They really fumbled the ball on this one.

I wonder if they had to restructure the entire arc when they decided to renew? "cuz this was W-E-A-K.

Old May 14th, 2009   space coyote is offline   #336
space coyote

I was mainly upset with Zod showing up. Clark's already fought him on the show, right? Right?