The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old March 27th, 2009   Greg Waite is offline   #305
Greg Waite
Uber Geoffan

It was okay.

"We can't be all heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." Will Rogers
Old March 28th, 2009   teencomicgeek is offline   #306
teencomicgeek
Whovian

Almost thought Chloe was going to call herself Oracle...
ddf
achilles140 View Post
Me too! That was a great episode. I LOVED Zatanna: the actress, character, story, everything! Hope she has some other future appearance. Erica Durance played a really good Chloe-as-Lois. Sad, though, that it seems the Jimmy and Chloe relationship is definitely done.

We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?

The Doctor
Old March 29th, 2009   jafabian is offline   #307
jafabian
Iím not dead.

Decent ep. A little upset Chloe's not going back to her calling as a writer. It's not something you can give up really.
ddf
kjo1188 View Post

I miss the Wall of Weird.

Old March 29th, 2009   ronaldj is offline   #308
ronaldj
Supreme Geoffan

jimmy and chloe never should have happened and as far as writing, she is the watchtown...think of all the memoirs she will have and be able to scribble about....

One day I'll be done with this, but for now, once more into the fray. Thom
Old April 3rd, 2009   achilles140 is offline   #309
achilles140
Supreme Geoffan

WTF? Man, can we just get Clark to man up for a bit? And get the Doomsday thing over with all ready? That seems to be the one thing he doesn't get over in the comics, yet I think we'll see him get over it here. He's come back, and now he'll be invulnerable to it.

Meanwhile, I just want to slap Clark silly...I sympathize with Tess. This show needs Bruce in the picture to slap Clark around until he grows a pair. He's even worse here than in the comics. He's certainly very far from being Superman. And what was that with Chloe and Davis at the end?

Meanwhile, poor Jimmy who was right all along is out in the cold.

Old April 3rd, 2009   achilles140 is offline   #310
achilles140
Supreme Geoffan

My guess for this season:

SPOILER. Highlight below text to read
Chloe's toast. The LOSH don't know her because she does die, killed off by Doomsday in the season finale so that Clark will finally embrace his destiny and become Superman---though that itself might not happen until the end of next season.

Just my guess anyway. Anything to get this season moving again and get Clark out of that horribly annoying rut.

Old April 4th, 2009   Bill Walko is offline   #311
Bill Walko
Comrade

This week's episode, "Eternal", was amazing. And it's not often I use that word in association with SMALLVILLE!

I love their version of Doomsday, and all the stuff with David and Chloe. And Tess has become a pretty good character in her own right as well.

It really does feel like this should be the last season tho... I mean, where do they go from here?

Check out my new webcomic!
The Hero Business by Bill Walko
Because with great power comes great marketability.
Old April 6th, 2009   Greg Waite is offline   #312
Greg Waite
Uber Geoffan

I liked what Davis said to Clark about destiny is always there. (Something like that; when Davis as in the cage and Clark runs in and tries to convince Davis NOT to do it)

Tess is flirting with being evil and being good. (Kind of like Lex was until he finally snapped)

"We can't be all heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." Will Rogers
Old April 24th, 2009   SethKane is offline   #313
SethKane
Geoffan

3 words. Bruno "Ugly" Manheim!!!

Old April 25th, 2009   kjo1188 is offline   #314
kjo1188
Geoffan

An okay ep. Lois lack of ethics know no bounds huh?
Allison was at the top of her game.

Another year older...
Old April 26th, 2009   Greg Waite is offline   #315
Greg Waite
Uber Geoffan

Chloe has been on fire this year. (That proves to me, she'll be the next to die.)

Lois is still hot but something is off by her. She's not the Lois that she was before when she came in.

As for the episode, it shouldn't have been made.

Old May 1st, 2009   achilles140 is offline   #316
achilles140
Supreme Geoffan

Okay, after tonight's episode, it seems more likely to me that my guess from three weeks ago was right. That HAS to be the incident that causes Clark to grow a pair. And frankly, as much as I like Mack as an actress over the years in Smallville, at this point, I think her character's pretty irredeemable. I kind of want her to take the big dirt nap at this point, as she's become almost as annoying as Lana.

As is all too often the case on this show, tonight's episode becomes watchable only when Ollie is on screen. Man, that actor really is saving this show to the extent that is still has any life.

Old May 1st, 2009   achilles140 is offline   #317
achilles140
Supreme Geoffan

Sadly though, I think Smallville is running out of time to turn Clark into Superman. They keep up much longer and no one will care when and if they finally do it.

Old May 1st, 2009   teencomicgeek is offline   #318
teencomicgeek
Whovian

Okay, after tonight's episode, it seems more likely to me that my guess from three weeks ago was right. That HAS to be the incident that causes Clark to grow a pair.

As is all too often the case on this show, tonight's episode becomes watchable only when Ollie is on screen. Man, that actor really is saving this show to the extent that is still has any life.
ddf
achilles140 View Post
I agree on both parts, especially after seeing Clark actually get mad and crush the storage boxes. Justin Hartley is probably one of the best actors on the show.

We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?

The Doctor
Old May 1st, 2009   jafabian is offline   #319
jafabian
Iím not dead.

Chloe is the new Lana. I bet they kill her at the end of the season.

Old May 1st, 2009   SethKane is offline   #320
SethKane
Geoffan

Exec Producer Kelly Saunders is qouted in next week's TV Guide saying the finale will have two departutres and an arrival, that someone "new and old will show up" and that they'll return for next season. My theories?

Perry White or Martha. Both could be aruged as old and new but neither would seem to be able to play a big role in the finale.

Braniac 5. Definitely new and old. And though I haven't seen anything recently on it, there was rumor or word that the Legion was to return in one form or another for the finale.

My surest theory?....

Lex. To get Rosembaum back it would only take a Brink's truck (though he is attached to a pilot and since it's too early for it not to have been picked up it'd have to have fallen apart, gotten reshot, and/or him drop out). To bring back Lex, simple, CLONE. It would finally give meaning and explaination to the werehouse of Lana clones. Lex could have had his scientists working on perfecting cloning and they finally got it right and it could have been the only way to save and heal Lex from his injuries, transfer his brain/brainwaves into a clone body. Also since he'd be a clone, he could have hair, making it easier for Rosenbaum to go off and do other projects. I also feel though they need a permanent villain, they could have him be recurring, again making it easier for him to go off and do other projects.