The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old March 5th, 2009   joesmallville is offline   #273
joesmallville
Neo Geoffan

Zatanna

Old March 5th, 2009   Lady Timedramon is offline   #274
Lady Timedramon
Gar Logan's #1 Fangirl

*resists the urge to make comments about the events in the background of the picture*

Old March 6th, 2009   Jeff Nowicki is offline   #275
Jeff Nowicki
Pineapple!

Zatanna

ddf
joesmallville View Post

Ollie: "Hey baby, come back. I think you misunderstood what I meant when I said you should go green..."

Old March 6th, 2009   ADGood is offline   #276
ADGood
I meant it in a good way

The picture of her posted here looks incredible. I just hope the actress can find Zee's comedic voice and not slut her up. Zatanna's costume looks a lot better than what Smallville did to poor Black Canary!
ddf
Jeff Nowicki View Post
To be fair, Black Canary's costume wasn't too bad; it was pretty much the same as the one in the recent comics. They just topped it off by giving her a bad haircut and dipping her head in glitter.

Old March 10th, 2009   Jeff Nowicki is offline   #277
Jeff Nowicki
Pineapple!

To be fair, Black Canary's costume wasn't too bad; it was pretty much the same as the one in the recent comics. They just topped it off by giving her a bad haircut and dipping her head in glitter.
ddf
ADGood View Post
The weird raccoon eye mask is what threw it off for me.

Old March 10th, 2009   Jeff Nowicki is offline   #278
Jeff Nowicki
Pineapple!

Death takes a holiday in Smallville?

http://www.tv.com/story/12873.html

There aren't too many characters left. Lois, Jimmy and Ollie should be safe because of their comic counterparts. I guess the rest are fodder?

It would seem odd to kill Chloe after just curing her of the Brainiac disease.

If they kill Martha I'm done...

Old March 12th, 2009   jafabian is offline   #279
jafabian
Iím not dead.

CLICKY.

Story on what to expect in the upcoming episodes. No spoilers but they do offer some hints on whats coming up.

Old March 13th, 2009   jensmith is offline   #280
jensmith
Neo Geoffan

Last night was interesting, even though, yet again, Clark has to have Chloe draw him a map get through the episode.

I find it really interesting how the triangle for 2 is being set up here. Usually we're supposed to feel badly for Clark Kent while Lois is infatuated with Superman.

Now all the sympathy is for Lois. She's put herself out there as much as anybody could, and he's walked away. Now, if spoilers are right, and she goes chasing the red-blue blur (stupid name) and doesn't give him the time of day, he has only himself to blame.

Stupid Clark should have listened to what Lois had to say before putting on the ring. And why destroy the ring? This isn't Lord of the Rings.

Old March 13th, 2009   SethKane is offline   #281
SethKane
Geoffan

Loved this episode except for the problems with the ending. First, Chloe wondering what changed this time Clark changed time... So Lake asks to see Bloome cause if she can't reveal Clark's secret she'll reveal Bloome's. He kills Lake which makes it easier on Clark and having Bloome kill aint a big deal now. And now Bloome doesn't know he's supposed to kill Clark but Clark doesn't know Bloome is Doomsday. So all in all, not real big consequence came from Clark going back in time. Second, Clark goes back in time but then doesn't travel back to the present time point when he traveled back cause he was there to pick up Lois this time. So he stayed in the past and waited for time to catch up to him. So.... there's two Clarks walking around. Guess no one caught that mistake when making the episode and they'll just gloss over that oversight.

Old March 13th, 2009   Wayne Voto is offline   #282
Wayne Voto
Paladin

Maybe I miss heard in the Legion ep, but I thought that they programed the ring to only take him to the 31st century, not go where ever he wanted to in time. Also seeing how they programed it so that he couldn't fly with it.

Really a member since Aug 2003 as CaptainFlash
Old March 13th, 2009   SethKane is offline   #283
SethKane
Geoffan

Maybe I miss heard in the Legion ep, but I thought that they programed the ring to only take him to the 31st century, not go where ever he wanted to in time. Also seeing how they programed it so that he couldn't fly with it.
ddf
Wayne Voto View Post
that is what they said. another thing they didn't catch when making the ep. guess it was more just think of where you want to go. Or maybe he put it on, traveled to the 31st then they sent him back where he needed to go and they just didn't show that. And it looks like he's gonna fly next week finally.

Old March 13th, 2009   Wayne Voto is offline   #284
Wayne Voto
Paladin

Just wanted to make sure cause I figured that Clark couldn't re-program the ring.

Really a member since Aug 2003 as CaptainFlash
Old March 13th, 2009   jensmith is offline   #285
jensmith
Neo Geoffan

And it looks like he's gonna fly next week finally.
ddf
SethKane View Post
I'm not holding my breath. It'll probably be a controlled fall.

Old March 13th, 2009   jafabian is offline   #286
jafabian
Iím not dead.

ddf
Wayne Voto View Post
The inconsistencies with the continuity in this series frustrate me. I swear the writers are a bunch of high school students sitting in a basement, smoking and just spouting off ideas.

Old March 15th, 2009   kipster is offline   #287
kipster
Super Hero Support

ddf
Wayne Voto View Post
I believe what they said was that it would allow him to time travel, and then something like "concentrate on us and it will bring you to us". So, he could use it to time travel anywhere, all he had to do was concentrate on when he wanted to go.

"We pursue that which retreats from us"
Old March 16th, 2009   jafabian is offline   #288
jafabian
Iím not dead.

HERE is a link to the last scene. Rokk does state that the ring is for time travel only, but they never actually say he can use it to go anywhere in time. Just that to meet the LSH to just focus on the year 3009. However currently Superman has a ring that brings him to Legion time only. It would be irresponsible for the team to give someone in the past the ability to travel anywhere in time. The Time Institute wouldn't allow it.