The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > The Comic Shop: Creators

The Comic Shop: Creators but wait, there's more!

Old September 8th, 2008   Zal-Ta is offline   #1
Zal-Ta
Master Geoffan

Default Gail, would you consider Supergirl as a positive role model?

I'm truly intrigued to get your own opinion on as to whether or not you'd believe Supergirl just like her iconic world recognized cousin Superman to also be a positive role model of sorts here to aspire to too? And exactly which Supergirl would you say best show cases this? For instance, the original magic Totem wished by Jimmy Olsen Supergirl prototype, Pre-COIE E-1 Kara Zor-El Supergirl, Kara Zor-L/Karen Starr Power Girl, Post-COIE Matrix Supergirl, Peter David Linda Danvers Supergirl, Timm S:TAS (Superman: The Animated Series) Kara In-Ze Supergirl? Post-COIE-Post-IC Kryptonian Kara Zor-El II Supergirl? Personally, I've always believed that the Pre-COIE E-1 Kara Zor-El Supergirl to be the best example myself.

But what about you though?

Lover of all things Supergirl!
Old September 21st, 2008   Zal-Ta is offline   #2
Zal-Ta
Master Geoffan

wow! Just saw your surprising interview cameo in the "Supergirl featurette" for the recently released Smallville season 7 DVD box set and I think that kind a gave me just a tad wee bit of an insight on how you personally feel about the icon overall. Heh.

I have to say, yours as well as Helen Slater's were the most entertaining on that feature really for me at least!

Old September 24th, 2008   Gail Simone is offline   #3
Gail Simone

Heh. That's kind of you. As is the usual deal with these things, I was interviewed for a lot more than ends up on the screen, but basically, I love the character of Supergirl, although I'm way behind on the recent issues.

Old October 1st, 2008   Zal-Ta is offline   #4
Zal-Ta
Master Geoffan

As is the usual deal with these things, I was interviewed for a lot more than ends up on the screen
ddf
Really? What in relation to Supergirl or some entirely other DC Comics character being asked of you at the time? If it's the first, are you allowed to elaborate on here for the rest of us come what wasn't included in the final cut of the featurette?
but basically, I love the character of Supergirl
ddf
As I could see just from the way you talked about her within that particular interview itself.
although I'm way behind on the recent issues.
ddf
Really? Speaking a huge fan of hers might I suggest trying to re pick it up from this issue just out? (i.e., Supergirl #34) I mean, what with both Mr. Gates and Igle saying it's a great jumping on point for anyone who's been out of the loop and all.

Anyways, sincere thanks in not only taking time out of your hectic schedule in order to read this but in wanting to respond at that! Sincerely appreciated in you kindly having done so, Mrs. Simone.