The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics > Green Lantern

Old April 18th, 2007   DRMOUSE2814 is offline   #17
DRMOUSE2814
Beta Lantern

The update's up... not a heck of a lot of profiles, but there are more to come.

Old April 18th, 2007   Matthew Krevat is offline   #18
Matthew Krevat
Geoffan

You da mouse!

(or da dragon)

Matthew.
They used to call me Act.
H.E.A.T. Charter Member
Watch what you believe, I'm a professional comedian.
Old April 18th, 2007   Astro is offline   #19
Astro
Geoffan

Just thouight I'd let everyone know that I'm working on getting some more of DRMOUSE2814's profiles online so expect to see some more updates in the coming days.

I'm also working on updating a lot of the images to increase the resolution and general image quality.
ddf
Tenzel Kim View Post
If you need any help in the image or the reference/profile department, I'd be more than willing to do so.

I'm terrible with computers, so I'm no help there, but I own pretty much every Hal Jordan appearance ever, and I have access to a scanner.

Old April 18th, 2007   glguardian is offline   #20
glguardian
What The?! Horseman

A slit correction on the Despotellis first appearance. While GLC #10 we actually know that is him, he also appears in GLC #2 as Vath is leaving Mogo, you see yellow dots close to Mogo, but is out in space, just like in issue 10.

R.I.P. Mike Nebeker - Actor, Horseman, 'Bloc Friend - 1968-2009
Old April 19th, 2007   DRMOUSE2814 is offline   #21
DRMOUSE2814
Beta Lantern

I'd considered that, but while on Mogo some of the yellow specks were fireflies. I'm going to wait until Tanakata Z's fate is explored further. I'm sure the Despotellis profile will go through quite a number of changes in the next few weeks.

Old April 21st, 2007   DRMOUSE2814 is offline   #22
DRMOUSE2814
Beta Lantern

Some more Green Lantern profiles in the pipeline:

Turytt, Horoq Nnot, Greet, Garmin Vid, Morro, Sendrina, and the Green Lantern of Hykraius.

On the villain side:

Tarra Karn, Ragnar, the Igneous Man, Ranx, Loragg.

Old April 28th, 2007   DRMOUSE2814 is offline   #23
DRMOUSE2814
Beta Lantern

More GLs on the way:

Tagort, Venizz, Isamot Kol, Markot Five

Old May 11th, 2007   Tenzel Kim is offline   #24
Tenzel Kim
Neo Geoffan

Just thought I'd let everyone know that the Green Lantern Corps Web Page has been updated. Aside from some image updates here is a list of the new profiles that have been added recently:

Green Lanterns:
B'dg,
Isamot Kol,
Lashorr,
Markot Five,
Myrrt,
Relok Hag,
Sendrina,
Shirea Vaas,
Venizz

Villains:
Despotellis,
Igneous Man,
Kiriazis,
Low,
Terra Karn

Old July 9th, 2007   DRMOUSE2814 is offline   #25
DRMOUSE2814
Beta Lantern

An update over the weekend... small for now, but there's so much going on....

Old July 9th, 2007   Lord malvolio is offline   #26
Lord malvolio
Jordan Fan Extreme

A slit correction on the Despotellis first appearance. While GLC #10 we actually know that is him, he also appears in GLC #2 as Vath is leaving Mogo, you see yellow dots close to Mogo, but is out in space, just like in issue 10.
ddf
glguardian View Post
I am going to hazard a guess and say those yellow dots were actually that yellow fungus we just saw come to maturity in the recent arc of GLC! Nice set-up without giving anything away!

Visit emerald dawn dot com for all your GL needs!

"Geoff has taken the lemon and made lemonade." in reference to Emerald Twilight and Rebirth
Old July 9th, 2007   DRMOUSE2814 is offline   #27
DRMOUSE2814
Beta Lantern

I haven't come to any decision regarding Despotellis versus the "Phantom Fungus," or if they're one and the same, so I've back burnered Despotellis updates for now. Some of those yellow dots were (on close up) were flying insects.

Old July 9th, 2007   Andrew NDB is offline   #28
Andrew NDB
Martini Master

Looks good. Soon we'll be putting up similar bios and such.

The Green Lantern Corps Website/Message Board: http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com
Old July 14th, 2007   DRMOUSE2814 is offline   #29
DRMOUSE2814
Beta Lantern

Another small update hits today.

Just came back from a comic convention, where I picked up a DC VS MARVEL TPB. Wondering out loud if / how the "Hypertime" profiles will make the page... are variant versions (Elseworlds, multiverse, Amalgam) of GL something people are really interested in?

Old August 6th, 2007   DRMOUSE2814 is offline   #30
DRMOUSE2814
Beta Lantern

Some more profiles posted and coming up... updates are small but hopefully steady...

Old August 6th, 2007   The Kid Lantern is offline   #31
The Kid Lantern
They call me Mason....

Not sure if the first appearance of Despotellis may be in the Ion maxi or not as I haven't read the second trade yet where his mother dies.

Are there profiles for the Lantern who dies at the beginning of Recharged or Torquemada's partner from Ion? Also Soranik's first partner from the GLC monthly who was killed should get a profile! I really liked his character and hated how he was killed.

I think if there's already a Lantern designated a partner it would be cool to list them as such on the site. Not sure how much more of a workload that would be, but it would be a nice addition in my mind.

~KL~

I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world....
Old August 6th, 2007   DRMOUSE2814 is offline   #32
DRMOUSE2814
Beta Lantern

Not sure if the first appearance of Despotellis may be in the Ion maxi or not as I haven't read the second trade yet where his mother dies.
ddf
The Kid Lantern View Post
I'll be rewriting Despotellis to include the ION "appearances" but I'm going to have a reserve profile (like Despotellis-B) in case the fungus that tried to control Mogo was not the virus Despotellis, but rather a new character.

Are there profiles for the Lantern who dies at the beginning of Recharged or Torquemada's partner from Ion? Also Soranik's first partner from the GLC monthly who was killed should get a profile! I really liked his character and hated how he was killed.
ddf
I'm still working on Tarkus Whin.... I've started his profile a number of times but misplaced it and never got around to finishing it. So many new (and old) characters popping in and out it's hard to keep track.... Fortunately ol' Tarkus isn't going anywhere, so it should be easy to finish...

Torquemada's partner Garmin Vid is here: http://glcorps.dcuguide.com/profile.php?name=garminvid and Soranik Natu's first partner Myrrt can be found here: http://glcorps.dcuguide.com/profile.php?name=myrrt

I think if there's already a Lantern designated a partner it would be cool to list them as such on the site. Not sure how much more of a workload that would be, but it would be a nice addition in my mind.

~KL~
ddf
LOL - I actually thought of this yesterday, but didn't want to bring it up to my webmaster yet.... I guess is this is the sign to do it. The tough part is I really can't say who is partner to who, unless they specifically state it, like Hal and John... or Mogo and Bzzd... but then I run into potential problems when I assume there's a partnership, like Mogo and Opto309v from 52 (the series, not the sector). Are you ok with an "unknown" or for the GLs prior to REBIRTH / RECHARGE an "inapplicable?"

Stay tuned... my webmaster is squeezing me for a Sinestro Corps profile.... He's been sent the updated Sector Guide (which I'm sure is missing some info) and Oaths files. I'm trying to work my way through the Amon Sur / Black Circle profiles, and there's one Sinestro Corps character Ethan Van Sciver went on about that I'm going to try to write up...