The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old May 29th, 2008   fabiank22 is offline   #1
fabiank22

Default New Avengers 41 Secret Invasion Spoilers!!!

This issue sheds another light at the fight going on in Secret Invasion 02. It probably is crucial to Secret Invasion, so if you are following SI get this issue!

It starts of with the fight between Avengers and 80' heroes being separated by a dinosaur. We see Brand New Day-Spidey getting shoved across half the savage land by the impact of a hit. He crushes right into a private army of Ka-Zar and Shanna, who he believes to be Skrulls. Ka-Zar begins to tell a flashback about what he's been up to the past years since Avengersisassembled.

This kicks of with Shanna coming home after missing a few days(nice reference to the Shanna-limited explaining why Ka-Zar wasn't in it). They are interrupted by Shield-Agents forcibly mining Vibranium and other material for building weapons. Shanna accidently stealth-kills one of them, only to discover that they are skrulls. She then poses as shield-agent and eavedroppes on the skrulls. They mention the got inside-men on the Avengers(this is around the formation of the New Avengers) and can control them into avoiding the Savage Land. Shanna is discovered and kills a few skrulls and injures one posing as contessa(probably not the same Nick Fury later kills). Ka-Zar then decides to put together a private army against the skrulls, since he can't trust anybody.

They also mention the New Avengers crushing the Savage Land-party, but don't explain why the Avengers managed to get to the Savage Land despite the traitor in their mids(I'm guessing the wild-card here is Wolverine, who joined the New Avengers there, and thus isn't a skrull)

Just as Ka-Zar is making friends with Spidey Captain America shows up to fight them. Cut.

One of the strongest and most driving issues so far, revealing far more than the main Secret Invasion-series. Also Ka-Zar/Shanna seem to be character Bendis can write funny dialog with, as opposed to, for example, Wasp/Yellowjacket.

Old May 30th, 2008   DABEARS is offline   #2
DABEARS
KRYPTO,NOT ON THE CARPET!

I thought this was a great issue too. I really think Billy should be the regular artist now. He did a really fantastic job on the art with this issue. Bring on the Skrulls.

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright
Old May 30th, 2008   slaviksvensk is offline   #3
slaviksvensk
Geoffan

much better than SI #2 or last MA

Old May 31st, 2008   Jeff Shabazz is offline   #4
Jeff Shabazz
persona non grata

I like how these books are filling in back story to the entire Marvel U while the main story moves along.

And Spider-Man was fun again, without being all "editorial and sad feeling" again.