The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old October 19th, 2007   Lukecash is offline   #225
Lukecash
Singing Cowboy

A real good place to see articles about this

http://www.newsarama.com/DC/Superman/Intro.htm

Most of this stuff will be looked seriously at in January.

Old October 26th, 2007   heffison is offline   #226
heffison
Lapsed Reader

Is he back yet, he is the reason I got into comics . I left for a while and came back cause of the cover of TT#2.
ddf
Zero Conner View Post
Conner Kent is not back in the current time, but his Titans of Tomorrow version sort of is (depending on if you buy the story that he and Future Bart are clones, and I don't). I'm hoping that when the current arc ends (TT #54?) we'll have a better idea of how Conner will eventually come back, once the lawyers have moved on.

Old October 28th, 2007   Outburstt is offline   #227
Outburstt
Geoffan

I'd like to think the same thing. It just seems at the moment that the case is no where close to being over. Sadly, this would mean that unless DC was planning on changing Conner's Superhero name, he won't be back any time soon.

Worry is a misuse of imagination.
Old October 31st, 2007   heffison is offline   #228
heffison
Lapsed Reader

I'd like to think the same thing. It just seems at the moment that the case is no where close to being over. Sadly, this would mean that unless DC was planning on changing Conner's Superhero name, he won't be back any time soon.
ddf
Outburstt View Post
I wouldn't see that as "sadly" if they would just go ahead and do it. I don't give a rat's ass about "Superboy." I just want Conner Kent back.

As easy a fix as that seems to be, I'm starting to wonder if Dan is letting us think The Lawsuit is why Conner hasn't returned, so they can blind-side us at some point by bringing Conner back, Lawsuit be damned. It better be sooner, rather than later, if this is his plan.

Old October 31st, 2007   Nightwing is offline   #229
Nightwing
Aerial Avenger

ddf
Outburstt View Post

I wouldn't see that as "sadly" if they would just go ahead and do it. I don't give a rat's ass about "Superboy." I just want Conner Kent back.

As easy a fix as that seems to be, I'm starting to wonder if Dan is letting us think The Lawsuit is why Conner hasn't returned, so they can blind-side us at some point by bringing Conner back, Lawsuit be damned. It better be sooner, rather than later, if this is his plan.
ddf
heffison View Post
DC can bring back Conner, as long as he's not Superboy, because it is the name Superboy that is the focus of the lawsuit.

I think DC wants to bring Conner back, but they want him back as Superboy, not someone else.

The Proper Office Of A Friend Is To Side With You When You Are In The Wrong. Nearly Anybody Will Side With You When You Are In The Right.
-Bart Allen
Old November 1st, 2007   heffison is offline   #230
heffison
Lapsed Reader

DC can bring back Conner, as long as he's not Superboy, because it is the name Superboy that is the focus of the lawsuit.

I think DC wants to bring Conner back, but they want him back as Superboy, not someone else.
ddf
Nightwing View Post
It isn't like they couldn't bring him back as Conner now, and have him return to acting as Superboy after the judgement/settlement occurs. They may well have a story-based reason for waiting, and maybe we'll get something after the alleged Tim/Cassie story in Teen Titans #55, or maybe even in the Ra's arc in the Batbooks.

Old November 2nd, 2007   Outburstt is offline   #231
Outburstt
Geoffan

ddf
heffison View Post
Maybe I used the term in the wrong light. The only "sadly" is that DC isn't using Conner. I don't really care if he's called Superboy when (if?) he comes back. I'd just like for him to keep the "S" shield.

Old November 3rd, 2007   Nightwing is offline   #232
Nightwing
Aerial Avenger

Maybe I used the term in the wrong light. The only "sadly" is that DC isn't using Conner. I don't really care if he's called Superboy when (if?) he comes back. I'd just like for him to keep the "S" shield.
ddf
Outburstt View Post
How about bringing him back as Sentry?

The Proper Office Of A Friend Is To Side With You When You Are In The Wrong. Nearly Anybody Will Side With You When You Are In The Right.
-Bart Allen
Old November 4th, 2007   Outburstt is offline   #233
Outburstt
Geoffan

Isn't Sentry a Marvel character? I'd have been (and still would be) happy with SuperNova.
By the way, I like the design.

Old November 4th, 2007   nacho is offline   #234
nacho
just a superboy fan

nice pic!!!

Old November 5th, 2007   Nightwing is offline   #235
Nightwing
Aerial Avenger

Isn't Sentry a Marvel character? I'd have been (and still would be) happy with SuperNova.
By the way, I like the design.
ddf
Outburstt View Post
Yes, but Marvel also had a Super Nova, if I recall correctly, not to mention Captain Marvel. I would have suggested Sentinel, but that was Alan Scott's name, and a character from Marvel.

Super Nova is ok, but it is already taken, and is now connected to Booster Gold.

And Thanks to you and Nacho!!

I'll be using that lookin my fic series.

-Bart Allen
Old November 15th, 2007   Jason1kent is offline   #236
Jason1kent

Superboy should return and join the Legion, Conner is made for space adventure and Geoff writing it would be awesome altough Geoff writing a new SB solo title would be FANTASTIC!
Surely Dido can not be blind to Conner's popularity as SB after all he is Superboy!

Old November 24th, 2007   Nightwing is offline   #237
Nightwing
Aerial Avenger

Superboy should return and join the Legion, Conner is made for space adventure and Geoff writing it would be awesome altough Geoff writing a new SB solo title would be FANTASTIC!
Surely Dido can not be blind to Conner's popularity as SB after all he is Superboy!
ddf
Jason1kent View Post
I'm sure Dido, and the rest of DC know how popular Conner is and how popular he is as Superboy, but they can't legally have him appear as Superboy at this moment.

The Siegels are disputing (for the Umptenth time) the Superboy Copyright (which they had won and sold to DC a few times already), and part of the original ruling that gave it to them said that DC practiced bad business when they created their Superboy, so they were banned from using any character, no matter how far removed from the core concept, because of it. So until Superboy is legally DC's again, there will be no Superboy.

I personally think they are trying to stall and wait for the courts to decided (In their favor) before they bring back Conner, this way they can return him as Superboy.

As far as where he belongs, I think it's on the Teen Titans along side his friends, who are also his family.

-Bart Allen
Old November 25th, 2007   Timekeeper is offline   #238
Timekeeper
Advanced Geoffan

Yes, prior to his death Kon was showing amazing character development in terms of soul searching and sense of family.

Taking him away from the Titans upon his return would be simply an injustice.

Keeping him in the Superman books for a while before officially announcing his return would make an interesting storyline, especially if only Cassie and Tim knew he had returned outside of Superman himself.

Damn, I needed a new signature :P
Old November 26th, 2007   Outburstt is offline   #239
Outburstt
Geoffan

Yes, prior to his death Kon was showing amazing character development in terms of soul searching and sense of family.

Taking him away from the Titans upon his return would be simply an injustice.

Keeping him in the Superman books for a while before officially announcing his return would make an interesting storyline, especially if only Cassie and Tim knew he had returned outside of Superman himself.
ddf
Timekeeper View Post

I think that to make a return interesting Lex would have to know about it also. Not acually DO anything about it. But just know, and be happy that his "son" is back.
Yes, I'm still bitter about the fact that we've seen, on panel real emotion from Lex Luthor about Conner being gone, and yet nothing from Clark.

Old November 26th, 2007   Nightwing is offline   #240
Nightwing
Aerial Avenger

I think that to make a return interesting Lex would have to know about it also. Not acually DO anything about it. But just know, and be happy that his "son" is back.
Yes, I'm still bitter about the fact that we've seen, on panel real emotion from Lex Luthor about Conner being gone, and yet nothing from Clark.
ddf
Outburstt View Post
Clark reacted, just not the same way as Lex. Lex didn't care for Conner, he just wanted his power, he wanted to possess him.

I think (After the lawsuit is settled) DC should start a whole "Return of SUperboy" arc in the Superman books. It should start off as a mystery, have people think it's a teenage Clark, Prime, or someone else, then reveal it's Conner. But keep it secret from everyone in the DCU except for the Superman Family, the Kents, and of course Cassie and Tim. I don't think Lex should know until Conner makes a big splashy debut as Superboy, perhaps foiling one of his plots.

-Bart Allen