The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old June 24th, 2007   Nightwing is offline   #161
Nightwing
Aerial Avenger

It appeared that Devem and the Cult of Superboy (As it was called, only the heroes said Conner) brought back Sue. We were never told anything about him or them after that, I think it was the turning point for Cassie, she decided they were frauds.

Why Superboy? Because it was a Kryptonian ritual, and he was the only dead Kryptonian.

Here's a scary thought, what if the Titans Tomorrow - Today's Superman is really Superboy-Prime, or Match?

I'm still hoping it's Conner and DC is giving us that little shred of hope.

The Proper Office Of A Friend Is To Side With You When You Are In The Wrong. Nearly Anybody Will Side With You When You Are In The Right.
-Bart Allen
Old June 24th, 2007   Timekeeper is offline   #162
Timekeeper
Advanced Geoffan

if part of their purpose in coming to this time is for Future Conner to eliminate Chris Kent, and restore his own place in the Superman lineage (once he solves that little 'death' problem)? In effect, he would become Superboy-Prime, coming back to say "You aren't Superboy, I am." Although they probably wouldn't use that name right now. That would be a disturbing symmetry.
ddf
heffison View Post
I can't see this happening because logically I think we would see some Tim & Cassie angst that Superman is already "replacing Conner" because if someone (like myself sort of) only reads one title (Teen Titans) would be like "uhhhh who's this Chris Kent kid???" (I know who he is though, because I follow other titles).
It appeared that Devem and the Cult of Superboy (As it was called, only the heroes said Conner) brought back Sue.

Why Superboy? Because it was a Kryptonian ritual, and he was the only dead Kryptonian.
ddf
Nightwing View Post
If Devem did indeed bring back Sue, and it wasn't either Neron or Felix Faust (chances are it was Felix as he spies on Ralph huddling with the destroyed "Sue") then I would like to see a stand alone issue where Tim goes after the Devem to get him to revive Conner and Cassie is simply like "been there, done that".

If it required a dead Kryptonian how did it "work" with Sue then? Or would that be further proof it was Faust?

Damn, I needed a new signature :P
Old June 24th, 2007   Tyler Murphy is offline   #163
Tyler Murphy
Neo Geoffan

Default Striking the Match

Don't we already have Conner back? Isn't he Match? I thinkn that would make for interesting stories, especially when Lex would get involved to "cure" his son.

"And what about Dick Grayson? Is he a better man on your Earth than he is on mine?"
"No."
Old June 24th, 2007   wondergirl2 is offline   #164
wondergirl2

Conner and Match are different characters. Match is Conner's evil clone. For some strange reason he is now bizarro and crazy while Conner is still dead.

Old June 24th, 2007   Nightwing is offline   #165
Nightwing
Aerial Avenger

If Devem did indeed bring back Sue, and it wasn't either Neron or Felix Faust (chances are it was Felix as he spies on Ralph huddling with the destroyed "Sue") then I would like to see a stand alone issue where Tim goes after the Devem to get him to revive Conner and Cassie is simply like "been there, done that".

If it required a dead Kryptonian how did it "work" with Sue then? Or would that be further proof it was Faust?
ddf
Timekeeper View Post
No one but Ralph saw Sue, and the heroes all think he lost it. Plus Cassie's been there, done that and thinks they were all fakes, so why would Tim go after them?

The Proper Office Of A Friend Is To Side With You When You Are In The Wrong. Nearly Anybody Will Side With You When You Are In The Right.
-Bart Allen
Old June 25th, 2007   Timekeeper is offline   #166
Timekeeper
Advanced Geoffan

Maybe Ralph's ghost will visit Tim? Who knows, I just think it'd be an interesting plotline.

Old June 25th, 2007   heffison is offline   #167
heffison
Lapsed Reader

I can't see this happening because logically I think we would see some Tim & Cassie angst that Superman is already "replacing Conner" because if someone (like myself sort of) only reads one title (Teen Titans) would be like "uhhhh who's this Chris Kent kid???" (I know who he is though, because I follow other titles).
ddf
Timekeeper View Post
Good point. This may be the only upcoming story that isn't billed as a crossover with "Countdown" or any other books.

Old June 25th, 2007   Sinyaa is offline   #168
Sinyaa
Geoffan

ddf
Timekeeper View Post
Yeah, I've always thought it odd that this appearance of a new "Super-Boy" didn't kick up any fuss in any of the other titles. I would think Tim and Cassie at least would be furious with Superman. Or that someone in Action Comics and Superman would mention Kon and compare him to Chris. Then again, I always thought it was stupid that Clark never acknowledged or mourned Kon's death outside of one or two panels in Infinite Crisis. It makes Clark look like an *** and I don't like being mad at Clark.

Old June 25th, 2007   Velocity9 is offline   #169
Velocity9
Power Cosmic Horseman

It appeared that Devem and the Cult of Superboy (As it was called, only the heroes said Conner) brought back Sue. We were never told anything about him or them after that, I think it was the turning point for Cassie, she decided they were frauds.
ddf
Nightwing View Post
Naw, we learned the Sue ressurection was a fake. Felix Faust made the wicker sue move around and talk to Ralph. We also learned that Devem was an escaped mental paitent.

Will fight The Amish for money.
Old June 25th, 2007   Jay West is offline   #170
Jay West
Advanced Geoffan

I am all for a return of Conner. I liked him a lot. But it sounds like both he and another favorite, Bart, are off the playing board for a while.

Old June 25th, 2007   Nightwing is offline   #171
Nightwing
Aerial Avenger

Naw, we learned the Sue ressurection was a fake. Felix Faust made the wicker sue move around and talk to Ralph. We also learned that Devem was an escaped mental paitent.
ddf
Velocity9 View Post
Which issues?

-Bart Allen
Old June 25th, 2007   wondergirl2 is offline   #172
wondergirl2

Maybe Ralph's ghost will visit Tim? Who knows, I just think it'd be an interesting plotline.
ddf
Timekeeper View Post
It 'd be more likely that he would haunt Cassie. That would be good maybe then she could do something to help them.

Old June 26th, 2007   Timekeeper is offline   #173
Timekeeper
Advanced Geoffan

Which issues?
ddf
Nightwing View Post
Yeah I don't remember the Cult even getting mentioned after #13

Old July 6th, 2007   Nightwing is offline   #174
Nightwing
Aerial Avenger

I'm looking for images of Superboy (Conner Kent) flying. I need one clear image of each of his costumes, I already have the costume he got in Superboy #83 (The red one from the end of his series and Young Justice), and the Mike McKone Teen Titans one (Black T-Shirt & Jeans).

I still need....

His Original Costume (The Black Leather Jacket)

His powerless Agent of Cadmus Costume from Superboy #76 - Superboy #79 (Black T-Shirt Red & Yellow "S" Cadmus Belt, & Retractable "S" Shield)

His Legion Costume (Superman's costume with the Legion "L" Belt)

His Superman costume from Teen Titans "Titans of Tomorrow" (Updated Superman Costume with Red Belt and Red & Black "S" Shield)

His Evil Lexboy costume from Teen Titans #24 & #25 (Black T-Shirt & Jeans shaved head, "L" cut into the "S" Shield).

Any help would be appreciated. I'm working on an image that shows Superboy's various costumes It'll look something like Teen Titans #26 when it's done.

Anyone who finds an image and provides me with it will get credit when it's done.

-Bart Allen
Old July 12th, 2007   KONELVELI is offline   #175
KONELVELI*
Kon's back!

Thumbs up If you want..

Conner Kent aka Kon-el back!! then help me out!
Change your avatar to a Conner Kent pic!!!!!!!!!!!

I collect Superman/ Superboy action figures
and anything Jose Canseco
Old July 12th, 2007   KONELVELI is offline   #176
KONELVELI*
Kon's back!

Default it could happen!

I know there are people out there that want this to happen! come on you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I collect Superman/ Superboy action figures
and anything Jose Canseco