The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Geoff's film, television and video games!

Old October 4th, 2011   Bob Francis is offline   #1
Bob Francis
Sheesh.

Default Batman to go CGI!

In BEWARE THE BATMAN, coming 2013!

http://blog.newsarama.com/2011/10/04...nced-for-2013/

Bob Francis: Writer
AWAKEN, FLIGHT CAPTAIN HURRICANE, and More!
Be Daring, Regret Nothing
Old October 4th, 2011   virtuadept is offline   #2
virtuadept
bye.

i hope it look bette than cgi spidey did

- VirtuAdept - VACATION MODE. Apparently few here really like my posts. It was a fun few years. Catch you on the flip side.
Old October 4th, 2011   Amentep is offline   #3
Amentep

I'm more interested in the idea that there's going to be a Doom Patrol cartoon from the news report...

Old October 4th, 2011   rpi is offline   #4
rpi
Geoffan

If Alfred's going to be using guns, this cartoon already makes almost no sense.

Every artist is a cannibal
Every poet is a thief
All kill their inspiration
And sing about the grief
Old October 4th, 2011   Amentep is offline   #5
Amentep

ddf
rpi View Post
They don't say how he's going to be using them. He could be using them as clubs.

Or maybe they're tranq guns (ooo, Alfred used to work for U.N.C.L.E. and has the U.N.C.L.E. dart gun!)

Or he got ahold of Star Trek Phasers and has it set to stun.

Or...

Old October 4th, 2011   Ken Liner is offline   #6
Ken Liner
White Pawn 743 - ONLINE

I just wish they were continuing with The Brave and the Bold. I love that show. This past week's opening story of "An Evening with the Currys" was awesome sauce!!!

Old October 4th, 2011   ADGood is offline   #7
ADGood
I meant it in a good way

ddf
rpi View Post
While John Woo Alfred does look various kinds of silly, I seem to recall that regular comic-book Alfred has been known to whip out the ol' shotgun on plenty of occasions.

Old October 4th, 2011   Sp33df0rc3 is offline   #8
Sp33df0rc3
Dark Lord of Lumberjacks

oh god that looks awful...

Check out Pulpline Magazine for original prose content! Submissions welcome!
Old October 4th, 2011   Amentep is offline   #9
Amentep

Not digging the style of the initial promo but seeing stuff in action helps a whole lot.

Looking at the presentation:

3 year deal with Cartoon Network for DC Nation bloc

1 hour time bloc - currently Green Lantern & Young Justice. It'll be made up of three parts Shows, shorts and interstitial programming.

Shorts about 1 minute -1.5 min each. Interstitial are Live action news pieces. Promise that every week at least 1 part (show, short, interstital) will be new.

Shorts:
Aardman Animation doing shorts with DC characters (Batman shown); Lauren Faust (My Little Pony) working on a series of shorts starring Wonder Girl, Supergirl and Batgirl titled “Super Best Friends Forever.” Doom Patrol will have a "cool action series" shorts and mentions of "digging deep into the library" for other shorts.

Interstitials showing fans or creators. Examples shown include the youngest NASCAR driver looking at Batmobiles and a collector of Mego Action Figures (whom they make a bit of fun of).

DC Nation presentation Superman, Green Arrow, Legion of Superheroes, Flash comic artwork shown in quick flashes JLA pics around logo

Batman vs. Mr Freeze action bit shown. Superdeformed Teen Titans cartoon Raven creates DC Nation Logo Interstitial with Nascar guy shown. Plastic Man done in a very John K looking way leading into Jim Lee Drawing then turning to camera and saying "You're in DC Nation". Current Green Lantern CGI toon footage shown.

Superdeformed Teen Titans cartoon Robin and Cyborg create the DC Nation logo (Cyborg accidently zaps Robin) followed by Blue Beetle Live Action footage

BEWARE THE BATMAN is their next CG series (are they planning on it replacing Green lantern?)

They plan to go deeper into the villain library ("Didn't want to do another Joker story). Alfred is "packing heat". Katana is the "new Robin but not necessarily everyones a little different" Just started production, from Glen Murakami of Teen Titans.

Old October 4th, 2011   Mark MacMillan is offline   #10
Mark MacMillan
Destroyer of Worlds

While John Woo Alfred does look various kinds of silly, I seem to recall that regular comic-book Alfred has been known to whip out the ol' shotgun on plenty of occasions.
ddf
ADGood View Post
I seem to recall Alfred having Scotland Yard training (updated to MI-5 training?) in his younger years (which is why Alfred allowed Bruce to focus on his crusade as a child under his guardianship, instead of dissuading him from it like most would with a grief stricken child)

Anyone know if I'm right about that or am I thinking about one of the Batman cartoons/movies that have come out since the 90's?

*Side note: the promo art for the CGI doesn't appeal to me at all.

Galactus ain't got $#!& on me!

"Gangsta Rap MADE me do it" - Ice Cube
Old October 4th, 2011   michealdark is offline   #11
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Will Katana be Katana, or a version of Cass? The outfit is closer to Black Bat minus the cape

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old October 4th, 2011   Marky is offline   #12
Marky*
Flippa Dippa Horseman!

I'll reserve judgement til I see it etc but (!);

The clips I've seen of the CG Green Lantern show look naff to me. No weight or substance to things, very bland looking. Unless they can make it look like Clone Wars then stick to awesome animation like Young Justice/Thundercats.

Brave and the Bold is one of my favourite shows in aaages (with one of the best series finales too!) so it's a tough act to follow.

It will be interesting to see the tone of the show, whether it has lots of guest stars, if it's pulp action stuff etc.

Cool to see Pyg and his crew as big villains.

I really dont like the look of the character design though but yeh, need to see it in motion first.

There's another Batflick coming out next year but would have been nice to see a Superman, Wonder Woman or Flash show so soon after BATB.

Heroes Reborn 2: V Neck Boogaloo!
Old October 4th, 2011   Matches is offline   #13
Matches
stepping aside

Pre-Crisis Alfred had all kinds of combat/ spy experience. I believe he had military training post-COIE as well. The bigger disconnect is accepting an action hero at Alfred's traditional age.

Katana, huh? That's..... different.

@allstarmatches on Twitter.
Old October 4th, 2011   Mark MacMillan is offline   #14
Mark MacMillan
Destroyer of Worlds

Pre-Crisis Alfred had all kinds of combat/ spy experience. I believe he had military training post-COIE as well. The bigger disconnect is accepting an action hero at Alfred's traditional age.
ddf
Matches View Post
Idk. In the Nolan films Alfred is older than Bruce but not so old that I couldn't see him not being able to do some damage if he was skilled enough to do so (The Equalizer was about the same age Michael Caine's Alfred)

Galactus ain't got $#!& on me!

"Gangsta Rap MADE me do it" - Ice Cube
Old October 4th, 2011   Jay West is offline   #15
Jay West
Advanced Geoffan

Sounds good to me. I like the little twists.

Old October 4th, 2011   Kyer is offline   #16
Kyer
Sorry MkBear

That's Alfred?!

Okay, I am so very much not liking the art, but Alfred has always been awesome cool to me. In fact, Alfred should get his own show, but that's another topic.

Another Robin? Is there another hero in any genre who has gone through as many sidekicks as Batman? I'm half expecting them all to show up on a talk show tell all.

Doomsday Patrol sound interesting...will try to catch that when it appears.

Seriously waiting for full season DVD's of Batman B&B. May not have been able to catch more than a handful of episodes, but I loved every one I did see. My favorite take on Bruce Wayne.

People had been working for so many years to make the world a safe organized place. Nobody realized how boring it would become. ~Palahniuk