The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old July 23rd, 2006   Jeffrey Neary is offline   #17
Jeffrey Neary
I love it!!!

But you guys missed this from the same link:

Johns: Intertia will be in "Titans East" as well.

You ought to stop making assumptions and thinking the worst about people you don't know, and situations you aren't in a position to understand

-EVS
Old July 23rd, 2006   Infernorhythm is offline   #18
Infernorhythm
Aspiring Writer

Inertia! This really cheered me up. Thaddeus is one of my favorite, if not my favorite, Speedster. I like Owen and Bart, but Thad is a personal fave. Under Geoff's pen? Excellent! I'd love to see him reform and join the Titans. He'd be a great addition now that Bart is gone.

Superman Returns was a great film. DO NOT REBOOT!
Old July 23rd, 2006   Ohoni is offline   #19
Ohoni
persona non grata

In all honesty, if the Flash team pulled a rabbit like this out of their hat, I'd officially eat every bad word I've said about the book. That would be one heck of a plot twist, and would goo miles to explain why Bart feels so off.
ddf
I don't know, it WOULD make a good plot twist if A: it hadn't been used in Flash: The Return of Barry Allen, B: it hadn't been used in Impulse: Mercury Falling (with Inertia already, mind you), and C: it hadn't been used in the first arc of Ion.

As it stands, it'd be pretty significantly cliche'.

Under Geoff's pen? Excellent! I'd love to see him reform and join the Titans. He'd be a great addition now that Bart is gone.
ddf
He'd actually be almost indistinguishable from Johns' Kid Flash. That might work.

Old July 23rd, 2006   impulse1999 is offline   #20
impulse1999
Advanced Geoffan

Inertia? Check out the Flash HC that Iris penned a decade ago. It mentions Bart's opposite and I am guessing that is where these guys got the idea.

Bart left around 16 and is back at 21. THAT is the reason he feels so "off" as some people are saying.

I LOVED the 2nd issue and followed the entire run from 1987-2006. I think Bart's a cool choice to assume the mantle.

The "don't get too attached to the first one you see?" That refers to first Flash, Jay, seen in the opening of the first issue. By the end we got Bart. It's been said he's the Flash for the foreseeable future.

I MUCH preferred Geoff's vision of Bart than the YJ version. And I really like where we're going, Bart just has to get the speedforce under control, which is where they're going.

DCnU? We'll see....
Old July 23rd, 2006   J-Liv is offline   #21
J-Liv
Frappuccino Jedi

Inertia? Check out the Flash HC that Iris penned a decade ago. It mentions Bart's opposite and I am guessing that is where these guys got the idea.
ddf
impulse1999
Eh, I'm gonna take a long shot and say they got the idea from the character that appeared in the Impulse series....but that's just my guess....

-J

Old July 23rd, 2006   Pete22 is offline   #22
Pete22
Neo Geoffan

Bart left around 16 and is back at 21. THAT is the reason he feels so "off" as some people are saying.

I LOVED the 2nd issue and followed the entire run from 1987-2006. I think Bart's a cool choice to assume the mantle.

The "don't get too attached to the first one you see?" That refers to first Flash, Jay, seen in the opening of the first issue. By the end we got Bart. It's been said he's the Flash for the foreseeable future.

I MUCH preferred Geoff's vision of Bart than the YJ version. And I really like where we're going, Bart just has to get the speedforce under control, which is where they're going.
ddf
impulse1999
I second this - well said!

Enjoy life no matter what :)
Old July 23rd, 2006   Ohoni is offline   #23
Ohoni
persona non grata

Eh, I'm gonna take a long shot and say they got the idea from the character that appeared in the Impulse series....but that's just my guess....
ddf
Yeah, I mean, for the completely clueless, Inertia is Bart's clone from the future, trained by his Thawne grandfather to defeat Bart (ie he acted more like Kid Flash than Impulse). He went back in time, captured Bart, and pretended to be him for several weeks (fooling even the readers up until the big reveal). Eventually Bart got free and foiled his plans, and Intertia took off into the speedforce after realizing what a tool he'd been (he wasn't evil, he was just born that way).

Given that, it's actually quite possible that he would pop out pretending that he was Bart, and it would explain how he has such a poor knowledge of Bart's history, having gathered most of it third-hand.

Old July 23rd, 2006   Vinny Piccolo is offline   #24
Vinny Piccolo
Don't call it a comeback.

Prefer Geoff's Bart to PAD or Waid Bart? No. Nonononononono.

Waid Bart...Coke Classic.
The Standard of Greatness

PAD Bart....Cherry Coke.
Same Greatness, added tinge of flavor.

Geoff Bart....Vanilla Coke.
Something different, yet also good in the tradition of what has come before.

I just hope NEW Bart doesn't go the way of NEW Coke.

Old July 23rd, 2006   impulse1999 is offline   #25
impulse1999
Advanced Geoffan

Ummm, THEY got the idea of Inertia FROM the Flash HC.

I meant the writers probably read up on him being Bart's main opposition and went from there!

Ps - Thanks Pete22

DCnU? We'll see....
Old July 23rd, 2006   Brian LaBelle is offline   #26
Brian LaBelle
I teleported.

The Life Story of the Flash by Iris Allen is available in softcover as well.

Old July 23rd, 2006   Ohoni is offline   #27
Ohoni
persona non grata

Ummm, THEY got the idea of Inertia FROM the Flash HC.

I meant the writers probably read up on him being Bart's main opposition and went from there!

Ps - Thanks Pete22
ddf
That book was writen (in part at least) by Mark Waid. Inertia was introduced by Todd Dezago two years later, and in the second issue he appeared in he actually quoted that line from Iris' book to Iris, so I'm sure that it was something that was planned out and done with the full consent of all involved. The whole "Bart's evil twin" portion of the legacy has been handled.

Old July 23rd, 2006   impulse1999 is offline   #28
impulse1999
Advanced Geoffan

Ahhh, that's the title. I just didn't have it handy to quote the title. Thanks Brian!

DCnU? We'll see....
Old July 23rd, 2006   hoyatables is offline   #29
hoyatables
Mild-Mannered Attorney

I don't know, it WOULD make a good plot twist if A: it hadn't been used in Flash: The Return of Barry Allen, B: it hadn't been used in Impulse: Mercury Falling (with Inertia already, mind you), and C: it hadn't been used in the first arc of Ion.

As it stands, it'd be pretty significantly cliche'.
ddf
Ohoni
Well, you can't fault them for similarities to Ion--both would have been written at the same time. As for similarities to previous Flash stories--in both of those cases, the imitation had malice in mind. Here, were it Inertia doubling as Bart again, maybe he doesn't have anything bad in mind, but rather he is just trying to live a 'normal' life in Bart's place. Hard to say. And I think if the story were to build upon the previous storyline, we should be happy for the consistency, right?

Old July 23rd, 2006   Sp33df0rc3 is offline   #30
Sp33df0rc3
Dark Lord of Lumberjacks

You know this does make me wonder...could the more "adult" and different Bart really be Inertia with a dye job?

Or maybe he, like Eobard Thawne in "Return of Barry Allen" could simply be under the delusion he's really Bart?

Would tend to explain a quite abit about the "new" Bart.
ddf
Mackaybear

See, when Bart first became kid flash, i wanted this to be the case...

i even had my "flash" art competition picture being bart unmasking Kid Flash as Inertia.

but at this stage, i think Griffen is somehow connected to Inertia.

I think hte accident that gave griffen his powers is actually INertia, and the powers are just the start of Inertia taking over Griffen's body.

THIS is how they get around Bart aging 5 years and having inertia still 16.

I'd REALLY like it if Bart was really Thad, but that's a pipe dream

Check out Pulpline Magazine for original prose content! Submissions welcome!
Old July 23rd, 2006   Atom Palmer is offline   #31
Atom Palmer
Neo Geoffan

But you guys missed this from the same link:

Johns: Intertia will be in "Titans East" as well.
ddf
Jeffrey Neary

As a hero or a villain of titans east?

Old July 23rd, 2006   bandit2005 is offline   #32
bandit2005
Neo Geoffan

So many of the quotes taken from the Con can be interpreted in different ways. Inertia being in "Titans East" leads me to think that he appears in the story rather than being on the team. That mostly comes the use of quotes, which indicates a story rather than the team name.