The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old July 8th, 2015   Amentep is offline   #1
Amentep

Default Batgirl

Couldn't find the earlier thread (my search-fu deserted me!) so I thought I'd start another.

So new look Batgirl returns. And besides dealing with Livewire finds out her Dad is Batman. And she finds out he's roboBats by him telling her because he couldn't keep a secret that big from her. Great scene with Barbara's reaction.

Not reading the batbooks, the idea of bringing in the Bat-heroes seems a bit arbitrary, but it sets up an obvious confrontation that gives us our cilffhangers.

Glad to see the title back as strong as I felt it was pre-Convergence.

Old July 10th, 2015   J-Liv is offline   #2
J-Liv
Frappuccino Jedi

Honestly, that scene between her and her Dad was probably the best thing I've ever read in a bat-book. It just nailed every emotional note.