The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old April 28th, 2010   White Lighting is offline   #17
White Lighting
CAN RUN SUPER DUPER FAST!

That would be fun. I hear Rose finally broke a little bit confronting Roy (THANK YOU JT FOR REMEMBERING HER INVOLVMENT WITH LIAN!). If Slade's team turns into either an anti-hero team or just a straight freelance, follow the money team, then I don't think either would be out of place.
ddf
michealdark View Post
yeah jt did his homework or just knows his titans history.

Been walking around the "neighborhood" a bit, and I like what I see. I think I am going to make a home here on the bloc.
Old April 28th, 2010   Bill Walko is offline   #18
Bill Walko
Comrade

yeah jt did his homework or just knows his titans history.
ddf
White Lighting View Post
he's done homework. I was asking him about that, and he searches the original issues to get a sense of character histories.

too bad more don't do the same, huh?

Check out my new webcomic!
The Hero Business by Bill Walko
Because with great power comes great marketability.
Old April 28th, 2010   michealdark is offline   #19
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Yeah. I think Sean was pretty well versed in her history too. Mostly recent history, bnut some past history as well. Geoff also knew her history too, as he made references in his first few issues with her, especially to Bart's crush on her, and again in Titans of Tomorrow in regards that turning into a real relationship.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old April 28th, 2010   White Lighting is offline   #20
White Lighting
CAN RUN SUPER DUPER FAST!

he's done homework. I was asking him about that, and he searches the original issues to get a sense of character histories.

too bad more don't do the same, huh?
ddf
Bill Walko View Post
I talked to dan dido a few years back at a con, and the man knows his titans history as well. why we don't see it in the TITANS title for example is still beyond me.

But I'm glad j.t. has a handle on these characters. I would love for him to write TITANS one day.

Been walking around the "neighborhood" a bit, and I like what I see. I think I am going to make a home here on the bloc.
Old April 29th, 2010   troialover04 is offline   #21
troialover04
Advanced Geoffan

enjoyed the back-u very much sean - nice work -
read the whole thing today now its done - very good -
last few pages were very cool...

Old April 29th, 2010   Amentep is offline   #22
Amentep

I haven't paid attention closely - will this backup be traded?

Old April 29th, 2010   Wilder Midnight2 is offline   #23
Wilder Midnight2
dandelion

i miss rose too.

'specially as a member of the team!

Old April 29th, 2010   Timekeeper is offline   #24
Timekeeper
Advanced Geoffan

Sean, I've got to say, I'm glad you wrote the Rose co-feature that way there was some quality writing in these past few issues of TT. Henderson is absolutely a joke.

Can you elaborate on why you left the book? Perhaps allude to the specific creative decision that caused the schism, as most assume it was Eddie's death.

Damn, I needed a new signature :P
Old April 29th, 2010   michealdark is offline   #25
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

I haven't paid attention closely - will this backup be traded?
ddf
Amentep View Post
Yeah, in like December. Why the wait? Because DC has a terrible trade schedule compared to Marvel, Top Cow, Boom!, Abstract, and pretty much everyone else.

Anyways, perfect ending, Sean. I too hope they don't make her a generic villain, because you set her up to be something so much more interesting than that. She seems to have given up on the idea of being on a side. She's going to do what she feels is right and just 9so technically she's still a hero), even if she has to kill people to do it (that's the anti part) She's basically become a Punisher or Huntress style character. I'm okay with that.

RIP Tara
Old April 29th, 2010   michealdark is offline   #26
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

BTW, I also love seeing Rose finally react to Eddie's death! That hallucination scene was touching.

RIP Tara
Old April 29th, 2010   Sean McKeever is offline   #27
Sean McKeever
professional

Can you elaborate on why you left the book? Perhaps allude to the specific creative decision that caused the schism, as most assume it was Eddie's death.
ddf
Timekeeper View Post
I'm not a big fan of airing dirty laundry, but I figure a year's gone by so I can say a little bit more.

You'll note that a couple issues are listed with an altered credit for me; that's because my approved-and-drawn scripts were altered by other parties to my dissatisfaction.

Then there's "Deathtrap", which wasn't anything I was at all interested in writing, outside of the opportunity to do a crossover with TITANS and work with Marv. The story wasn't ours from the get-go. (I was initially only set to write the one TT issue of the story but then I was asked to come over to TITANS and write the bulk of the crossover.)

Add to that that the book had 4 editorial teams in my 22 issues, and other "creative differences" that I won't get into here, and you get a fairly good idea.

Old April 29th, 2010   Scott Mateo is offline   #28
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

Cool. Not saying you couldn't have pulled a Bucky and brought the original back, but I think it's more weight on him to have carrying on his legacy in the back of Bucky's mind.
ddf
michealdark View Post
Um, the original Toro has BEEN back for quite some time now, since the AVENGERS/INVADERS crossover.

Toro was revived from the dead by the Cosmic Cube thanks to a wish made by Bucky, and rose from his grave by the Golden Age Vision. Bucky was careful to manage the wish so Toro's revival does not upset the time stream. Toro is the same age he was when he died.

He's currently featured in THE TORCH mini-series.

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis
Old April 29th, 2010   JRCarter is offline   #29
JRCarter
Advanced Geoffan

Um, the original Toro has BEEN back for quite some time now, since the AVENGERS/INVADERS crossover.

Toro was revived from the dead by the Cosmic Cube thanks to a wish made by Bucky, and rose from his grave by the Golden Age Vision. Bucky was careful to manage the wish so Toro's revival does not upset the time stream. Toro is the same age he was when he died.

ddf
Scott Mateo View Post
I hope Toro's wearing more than he used to. You talk about the original Robin costume. At least he got to wear a shirt.

Old April 30th, 2010   michealdark is offline   #30
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

I'm not a big fan of airing dirty laundry, but I figure a year's gone by so I can say a little bit more.

You'll note that a couple issues are listed with an altered credit for me; that's because my approved-and-drawn scripts were altered by other parties to my dissatisfaction.

Then there's "Deathtrap", which wasn't anything I was at all interested in writing, outside of the opportunity to do a crossover with TITANS and work with Marv. The story wasn't ours from the get-go. (I was initially only set to write the one TT issue of the story but then I was asked to come over to TITANS and write the bulk of the crossover.)

Add to that that the book had 4 editorial teams in my 22 issues, and other "creative differences" that I won't get into here, and you get a fairly good idea.
ddf
Sean McKeever View Post
Honestly, for as eh as Deathrtrap was, your issues were the best Titans had until Krul's issues!

I'm not sure if I should applaud you for that or pull an "and that's terrible"?

RIP Tara
Old April 30th, 2010   MattDiCarlo is offline   #31
MattDiCarlo
Threat or Menace?

ddf
Scott Mateo View Post
Not a whole lot of people are reading that, Scott, unfortunately. IT's pretty good, I think.

Old April 30th, 2010   Raydawggie is offline   #32
Raydawggie
Neo Geoffan

ddf
Sean McKeever View Post
Thanks for the info, Sean. I really enjoyed the Ravager stuff both in your main run and these backups. Can't wait for Young Allies!

I don't know if you can tell us this, but if you're airing a bit more - the pregnant Titan in the Origins and Omens - was that something you planned that fell by the wayside when you stepped away, or was it a fakeout like I heard some of them were across the board?

Or is this a no comment?

Supergirl > everything

Listen to the Rabbitt Stew, featuring Raydawggie's Comics Countdown!

http://rabbittstew.libsyn.com/