The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old June 24th, 2008   Jake1823 is offline   #17
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

From wiki:

Radion may refer to:

* Radion (physics), a scalar field in quantum field theory in spacetimes with additional dimensions

* A DC comics villain (see List of DC Comics metahumans)
* A toxic substance in DC comics (List of objects in the DC Universe)
* A unit of radiation exposure in (Battlestar Galactica terminology)
ddf
krypt0nian View Post
The New Gods are vulnerable to a substance called Radion. Its source is unknown and its effects are toxic only in sustained amounts or after explosive exposure. The average New God can be slain by an application of Radion from a Radion blaster or bomb.
ddf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Gods

Interesting...

Where is everybody?
Old June 24th, 2008   tlm1260 is offline   #18
tlm1260
Geoffan

i don't see how Hal or John have boned this investigation enough for there to be a suspicion that Hal and John are crooked or in need of IA to step in.

And "backwater?" was it not the Guardians who said that Earth was the center of the multiverse? or (somebody help me) was that in Countdown? if so, then i'll ignore it.

reverting from uber-fanboi to enthusiastic reader...can't wait for tomorrow. looks awesome.
ddf
superfriend View Post
I think it's more that the Alpha Lantern assumes Hal and John will botch the investigation if she doesn't take control.

The preview looks really good. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

"Some people just aren't happy unless they're complaining about something." - My Mom
Old June 24th, 2008   Jake1823 is offline   #19
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

but I mean, they don't communicate to the Alpha Lanterns (seemingly the inner circle of GLdom) that Earth is probably one of the most important planetoids in the entire Multiverse? like, it's not worth harboring prejudice against it cause this is the crown jewel in everything that is. it's like a bodyguard hating on their client. it's nowhere near outside the realm of possibility but I thought the Guardians ran a tighter ship.

I guess they're secretive but it almost reads like another fissure in the bond between FC and what DC has been doing the last year or so.

FC is almost a cautionary tale for planning TOO far in advance. Lots of time for people to screw things up. Darned if you do, darned if you don't I guess.
ddf
superfriend View Post
Well, Salaak's one of their most trusted Lanterns, no? I mean, like really trusted. And it's been shown that he's been kept in the dark on certain things, too, right?

Where is everybody?
Old June 24th, 2008   Jake1823 is offline   #20
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

I think it's more that the Alpha Lantern assumes Hal and John will botch the investigation if she doesn't take control.

The preview looks really good. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.
ddf
tlm1260 View Post
Didn't the Guardians say in FC #1 to send an Alpha Lantern in there? I thought they said that...

Where is everybody?
Old June 24th, 2008   Atom is offline   #21
Atom
Gone. Gone. Gone.

Very interesting... looking forward to this.

Webmaster of the Former Unofficial Homepage of the Atom - all good things must come to an end...
Old June 24th, 2008   Mark MacMillan is offline   #22
Mark MacMillan
Destroyer of Worlds

but I mean, they don't communicate to the Alpha Lanterns (seemingly the inner circle of GLdom) that Earth is probably one of the most important planetoids in the entire Multiverse? like, it's not worth harboring prejudice against it cause this is the crown jewel of everything that is. it's like a bodyguard hating on their client. it's nowhere near outside the realm of possibility but I thought the Guardians ran a tighter ship.
ddf
superfriend View Post
She also seems to be ignoring the importance of the New Gods from last issue as well (And considering that Kraken is the GL of Apokolips) I think something's up with her.

Galactus ain't got $#!& on me!

"Gangsta Rap MADE me do it" - Ice Cube
Old June 24th, 2008   superfriend is offline   #23
superfriend
laughs at comics

oh man this is going to be cool. and people are going to yell. can't wait.

observe everything, admire nothing
Old June 24th, 2008   just_will is offline   #24
just_will
Neo Geoffan

Well, for a summer blockbuster consider me under impressed. If this were the movies, then Secret Invasion would be the big, action, shoot-em-up movie you'd release in July, and Final Crisis would be the moving drama you'd release in the winter.

DC really needed to knock Final Crisis out of the park after falling flat on a lot of key stuff. But giving final crisis a "slow burn" (to quote Didio) was a mistake. Countdown was supposed to be that slow burn when it changed its name to Countdown to Final Crisis.

The action doesn't start until issue 3. That means I have to sit through another issue of talking for the sake of set up. But the thing is, I get it. This isn't that complicated. The set up should have been over by issue one.

Join the Nightwing fan club!
http://www.nightwingfanclub.com/
Old June 24th, 2008   Brian LaBelle is offline   #25
Brian LaBelle
I teleported.

Well, he did say he'd had to adjust a few things on account of Countdown before until he just couldn't anymore. Maybe the refrence to Salvation Run was one of those.
ddf
dl316bh View Post
I suspect that must be it.

J'onn was killed because that was the Human Flame's hearts' desire, that was pretty clear in issue #1.

The Secret Society barely wanted anything to do with the Human Flame, he was only there on Libra's invitation so Libra could prove a point to the group.
Didn't the Guardians say in FC #1 to send an Alpha Lantern in there? I thought they said that...
ddf
Jake1823 View Post
Yes they did, several of them, to contain the scene and investigate.

Old June 24th, 2008   hoyatables is offline   #26
hoyatables
Mild-Mannered Attorney

Well, for a summer blockbuster consider me under impressed. If this were the movies, then Secret Invasion would be the big, action, shoot-em-up movie you'd release in July, and Final Crisis would be the moving drama you'd release in the winter.

DC really needed to knock Final Crisis out of the park after falling flat on a lot of key stuff. But giving final crisis a "slow burn" (to quote Didio) was a mistake. Countdown was supposed to be that slow burn when it changed its name to Countdown to Final Crisis.

The action doesn't start until issue 3. That means I have to sit through another issue of talking for the sake of set up. But the thing is, I get it. This isn't that complicated. The set up should have been over by issue one.
ddf
just_will View Post
Wow, you must have the same privileges that E-mac has and get to read these books well in advance of their release so that you can help the rest of us pre-judge them. That's awesome -- how do I sign up?

"Superhero comics aren't about rules. They're about flying." - Mark Waid
Old June 24th, 2008   RJ Squires is offline   #27
RJ Squires
persona non grata

Wow, you must have the same privileges that E-mac has and get to read these books well in advance of their release so that you can help the rest of us pre-judge them. That's awesome -- how do I sign up?
ddf
hoyatables View Post
You for got your SARCASM TAGS----> [Sarcasm] [/Sarcasm]

Old June 24th, 2008   trmnlvlctyyy is offline   #28
trmnlvlctyyy
Geoffan

It looks like the pace will be picking up in this issue! The art seems to have improved a bit as well.

Old June 24th, 2008   Ryan Higgins is offline   #29
Ryan Higgins
Geoffan

Ahhhhhhh, yeah...there's plenty of action in #2.

Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
408-245-6275
[email protected]
Old June 24th, 2008   hoyatables is offline   #30
hoyatables
Mild-Mannered Attorney

You for got your SARCASM TAGS----> [Sarcasm] [/Sarcasm]
ddf
RJ Squires View Post
Heehee -- yeah, I guess I did. Whoopsy daisy!

"Superhero comics aren't about rules. They're about flying." - Mark Waid
Old June 24th, 2008   RJ Squires is offline   #31
RJ Squires
persona non grata

Ryan,
You have to understand.... People determine what they want to based on the Preview. Regardless if is only one quarter of the book.

Old June 24th, 2008   Ryan Higgins is offline   #32
Ryan Higgins
Geoffan

Ryan,
You have to understand.... People determine what they want to based on the Preview. Regardless if is only one quarter of the book.
ddf
RJ Squires View Post
Oh, I know. I understand a preview can sway someone from buying something if the preview is bad, or get them to buy the book if it's good, but yeah, you can't judge a book just by a few pages. I think all the nay-sayers will be pleasantly surprised tomorrow.

Ryan Higgins
Comics Conspiracy
115-A E. Fremont Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
408-245-6275
[email protected]