The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old November 10th, 2006   Nightwing is offline   #1
Nightwing
Aerial Avenger

Default The Official Bring Back Conner Kent Superboy Thread

This has been posted in various threads throughout the boards, but I thought we should have one thread to organize it all.

Post that you want Conner back.

Post links to Conner Kent, Superboy Websites.

Post links to threads where Conner Kent, Superboy is being discussed on this board and other boards.

Post links to petitions to bring back Conner Kent, Superboy.

The Proper Office Of A Friend Is To Side With You When You Are In The Wrong. Nearly Anybody Will Side With You When You Are In The Right.
-Bart Allen
Old November 11th, 2006   Ohoni is offline   #2
Ohoni
persona non grata

I'm on board for this, of course. He never should have died in the first place.

Old November 11th, 2006   Outburstt is offline   #3
Outburstt
Geoffan

I keep losing hope, each passing issue of both Titans and 52. No mentions of Conner in either.
But He should be back, Maybe just maybe he'll be SuperNova. Or maybe he's still around but in secret (that would explain the lack of ANY emotion at all on Clark's park)

Worry is a misuse of imagination.
Old November 11th, 2006   Timekeeper is offline   #4
Timekeeper
Advanced Geoffan

I honestly am all for bringing back Conner as long as he's

-a hero
-a main character in Titans

Old November 11th, 2006   MATCH is offline   #5
MATCH

Default I'm still hopeful he will return.

or maybe i am just being optimistic! anyhow, i just want kon-el back in the dcu without him its just not the same...

Old November 11th, 2006   Nightwing is offline   #6
Nightwing
Aerial Avenger

It's not the same without Conner.

When DC created a Superboy, who wasn't a young Clark Kent, they did a great thing for the fans, finally Superboy can interact with the current teens and do so without the readers getting a time-travel-story headache. Finally Superboy could join the Teen Titans. Then Geoff connected Superboy to Superman in a ig way, while adding a twist with Lex.

They can bring on another kid and call him Superboy, but he wouldn't be the same, there is Clark Kent as Superboy, the one some of us grew up with and then there is Conner Kent as Superboy, the one who allowed brillant stories to be told. A new kid as Superboy could also open up a whole bunch of stores, but it was who Conner (Kon) was that really made some fans of the Clark Kent Superboy forget all about him and see Conner as the only Superboy. Any new Superboy would be as much of a slap in the face to the Superboy fans, as Cir-El was to the Supergirl fans.

The Proper Office Of A Friend Is To Side With You When You Are In The Wrong. Nearly Anybody Will Side With You When You Are In The Right.
-Bart Allen
Old November 11th, 2006   Ramon is offline   #7
Ramon
Geoffan

Any new Superboy would be as much of a slap in the face to the Superboy fans, as Cir-El was to the Supergirl fans.
ddf
Nightwing View Post
I don't read much Superman tittles so I don't know who this Cir-El character is.
When was she used ? who was she ? what happened to her?
thanks for the answers.

Quit killing Titans !!!
Old November 11th, 2006   TalonTheater is offline   #8
TalonTheater
persona non grata

It's not the same without Conner.
ddf
Nightwing View Post
You're right, it's better.

I'm sorry, but he took up waaay too much of the Titans while he was alive. Besides, he's the one with his own book, too!

Not to mention, if he comes back too quickly, his death in IC would be meaningless anyway.

Old November 11th, 2006   Outburstt is offline   #9
Outburstt
Geoffan

You're right, it's better.

I'm sorry, but he took up waaay too much of the Titans while he was alive. Besides, he's the one with his own book, too!

Not to mention, if he comes back too quickly, his death in IC would be meaningless anyway.
ddf
TalonTheater View Post
I guess YOU can see it as better.
How did he take up too much of TT time? He was a supporting player in most arcs until the Legion/Titans Of Tomorrow story. Then he was taken over by Lex and had the arc about him and after that sat out till the issue before he died.

He hasn't had his own book since Young Justice was still an on-going

His death in the Crisis was meaningless unless bringing him back was/is done right. I've spit out a theory that he didn't die in the Crisis but has been hinding in secret to make Lex believe that he's dead. With the only person who knows being Clark. It helps to explain Clarks lack of emotion to Conner's death. It also makes for an interesting set of stories, such as why he didn't let Cassie (his Girlfriend) or Tim (his best friend) know. Or maybe even the old amnesia route. WG seems to think that SuperNova sounds like Conner, but SuperNova dosen't seem to know her at all....

Old November 11th, 2006   Ohoni is offline   #10
Ohoni
persona non grata

ddf
Conner didn't have his own book while he was in the Titans (like Impulse it ended well before the end of Young Justice), and if he returned to Titans he wouldn't have to take up nearly as much of the focus as he did.

Old November 11th, 2006   The Krystal Method is offline   #11
The Krystal Method
My <:3_)~ likes HAUS

True that it doesn't feel the same without Conner but to bring him back so soon would make his sacrefice pointless, I think. I do, however, would love to see him brought back, just not so soon. His comeback needs to be with a BANG!

And no, I don't agree that Superboy took up too much Titan time.

"We tell lies about each other because the truth is such a bore."
Old November 11th, 2006   Infernorhythm is offline   #12
Infernorhythm
Aspiring Writer

Bringing him back would be pointless. He is like Barry Allen, one of the few heroes to get a good sendoff. You bring him back, you cheapen a good story. Their deaths mattered, unlike say Supergirl's.

He's dead, and for the time being, it looks like it will stay that way. Don't let an attachment to a character keep you from enjoying present stories.

Superman Returns was a great film. DO NOT REBOOT!
Old November 11th, 2006   The Krystal Method is offline   #13
The Krystal Method
My <:3_)~ likes HAUS

Bringing him back would be pointless. He is like Barry Allen, one of the few heroes to get a good sendoff. You bring him back, you cheapen a good story. Their deaths mattered, unlike say Supergirl's.
ddf
Infernorhythm View Post
homie, you did not just go there.

I'm not protecting you against the people this time.

"We tell lies about each other because the truth is such a bore."
Old November 11th, 2006   Infernorhythm is offline   #14
Infernorhythm
Aspiring Writer

homie, you did not just go there.

I'm not protecting you against the people this time.
ddf
The Krystal Method View Post
Hey, I loved the character. Anyone who can kick butt in jeans and a tee is awesome. I loved the storylines he created (he even made Luthor care about something), but he went out with a bang. He saved the universe from Alex Luthor (of course, I still somewhat think Alex had the right idea, but that's just me...). He got the girl, got a statue, and overshadowed everyone else who died in the Crisis. His death meant something.

Bringing him back would be cheapening things. I'm sure he'll come back eventually, but right now, as much as I dig the character, I just think it would be too much of a cop out.

Superman Returns was a great film. DO NOT REBOOT!
Old November 11th, 2006   Outburstt is offline   #15
Outburstt
Geoffan

He's dead, and for the time being, it looks like it will stay that way. Don't let an attachment to a character keep you from enjoying present stories.
ddf
Infernorhythm View Post

Present stories... Like bringing a second rate (IMO) character back from the dead. Hmmm...

Old November 11th, 2006   kid jericho is offline   #16
kid jericho
Neo Geoffan

Yes. Yes I want him back. More then anything in comics, I want Conner back as a hero.

Darnit.