The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old March 19th, 2007   Ian Larsen is offline   #161
Ian Larsen
Like Lightning.

Yes, there is a rogue in #7. Our plans for the series were sidelined when editorial chose a new direction for the book.

After book #8 comes out, I'd be happy to share the original plans for 9-12. We were going to bring in a couple of characters from our experiences with the old tv show.
ddf
Danny Bilson View Post
#10 comes out this week. So, is it safe to talk about what your plans were? I'd love to hear them.

Caution: Rambling in Progress.
Old March 20th, 2007   BESTBUY is offline   #162
BESTBUY
Supporters

I'd love Danny to stick around these boards. I'm interested in any TV projects he has in the works.

Old March 20th, 2007   Ian Larsen is offline   #163
Ian Larsen
Like Lightning.

Oh, question numero dos...

Were there plans to update the costume at one point?

I just don't understand why Ken Lashley was pumpin out a whole bunch of concept work when Bart stayed in the same suit.

And how did you feel about the art? Obviously, you can take that one or leave it, but I'm curious how you felt about the art since it felt like it never really got to a stable point. And maybe how you felt about the artists as people. Is Ken as cool as he seems on here?

Old March 21st, 2007   Danny Bilson is offline   #164
Danny Bilson
professional

I agree that Ken's early concepts are cool and certainly could cause some excitement, but when we came on board in Dec 05, part of our mandate was that Bart would wear Barry's old suit. It would be the only material capable of withstanding all the side effects of the speed force, which were now going to exist within Bart. That art may have been a demo Ken prepared for the Flash. You'd have to ask him.

We kept changing artists even from page to page. This inconsisitency was very troubling for us.

Two things really impressed us, Ken's splash page work and Karl's ability in book 3, to bring proper emotion to the characters.

Yes, Ken seems to be an incredibly nice guy who cares very much about his art.

Old March 21st, 2007   Danny Bilson is offline   #165
Danny Bilson
professional

I'd love Danny to stick around these boards. I'm interested in any TV projects he has in the works.
ddf
BESTBUY View Post
Currently working on an adaptation of DC's, "Dr. Occult" for television. It's development, so nothing more to talk about on that front now.

Old March 21st, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #166
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

Currently working on an adaptation of DC's, "Dr. Occult" for television. It's development, so nothing more to talk about on that front now.
ddf
Danny Bilson View Post
Oh wow, I'm a huge fan of the mystical side of the DCU and this would be amazing! May I ask, is it live action or animation?

Anyway, good luck!

Where is everybody?
Old March 21st, 2007   BESTBUY is offline   #167
BESTBUY
Supporters

Oh wow, I'm a huge fan of the mystical side of the DCU and this would be amazing! May I ask, is it live action or animation?

Anyway, good luck!
ddf
Jake1823 View Post
I still want them to do a live action Hawkman.

Ray Palmer, Ronnie Raymond, Ralph Dibney, Dinah Lance in the JLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 21st, 2007   Ian Larsen is offline   #168
Ian Larsen
Like Lightning.

I agree that Ken's early concepts are cool and certainly could cause some excitement, but when we came on board in Dec 05, part of our mandate was that Bart would wear Barry's old suit. It would be the only material capable of withstanding all the side effects of the speed force, which were now going to exist within Bart. That art may have been a demo Ken prepared for the Flash. You'd have to ask him.

We kept changing artists even from page to page. This inconsisitency was very troubling for us.

Two things really impressed us, Ken's splash page work and Karl's ability in book 3, to bring proper emotion to the characters.

Yes, Ken seems to be an incredibly nice guy who cares very much about his art.
ddf
Danny Bilson View Post
Thanks for answering my Q's! I feel bad for you guys. I think so much was working against you. I hope DC lets you try your hand at the Flash again some time. It'd be nice to see you guys work when you don't have so much pressure coming at you from all directions! I mean, we can all see you do awesome comics [Red Menace]. I enjoyed your run. It was fun, but I think you guys could've hit a grand slam if you had less restrictions, etc.

Oh, and awesome idea as far as Bart moving to LA and putting him in the police academy! It's already paying off in issue 10!

Also, are you allowed to share your plans for the issues past 8? That would be fun!
Last edited by Ian Larsen; March 21st, 2007 at 06:38 PM.

Old March 21st, 2007   Danny Bilson is offline   #169
Danny Bilson
professional

What was planned included a new Trixter and a return of the Nightshade from our old TV show. It was also going to feature appearances by Heatwave and Captain Cold. A big team up with Jay Garrick, and Bart would finally defeat Inertia in book 12 in a freeway chase against traffic.

That's just a small part of it. Feels kind of wierd to lay it all out...it's not the fiction. That's in Mark's hands now.

Old March 21st, 2007   Walking Deadman is offline   #170
Walking Deadman
Red Lantern Corp

What was planned included a new Trixter and a return of the Nightshade from our old TV show. It was also going to feature appearances by Heatwave and Captain Cold. A big team up with Jay Garrick, and Bart would finally defeat Inertia in book 12 in a freeway chase against traffic.

That's just a small part of it. Feels kind of wierd to lay it all out...it's not the fiction. That's in Mark's hands now.
ddf
Danny Bilson View Post
I dug the Nightshade and Ghost (?) episodes of the Tv show, would have been interesting to see them in the comic.

Now I got a blog- It Is What It Is:
http://walkingdeadmanblog.blogspot.com/
Old March 21st, 2007   Jake1823 is offline   #171
Jake1823
The Unbanned Horseman

I still want them to do a live action Hawkman.
ddf
BESTBUY View Post
That would be awesome, too.

Where is everybody?
Old March 22nd, 2007   Scott Mateo is offline   #172
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

Was Nightshade supposed to be a take off of the Clipper (Mason Trollbridge) from the Messner-Loebs' run on FLASH, which was out the same time as the TV show?

"You're NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis
Old March 22nd, 2007   Ian Larsen is offline   #173
Ian Larsen
Like Lightning.

I didn't see the show, but isn't Nightshade a villain in the DC universe? Is this a different Nightshade?

Old March 22nd, 2007   chuppmeister is offline   #174
chuppmeister
BASH's Enforcer

I didn't see the show, but isn't Nightshade a villain in the DC universe? Is this a different Nightshade?
ddf
Ian Larsen View Post
On the Flash series, the Nightshade was a hero played by Jason Bernard (I think--I need to look that up). He was a gadgeteer and became sort of a mentor to Barry.

I'm really bummed that we won't see him in the Flash I loved the character.

Here a link to our resident Flash historian's page http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/tv-nightshade.html

BASH's Enforcement Division: I am happy now :)
Old March 24th, 2007   BESTBUY is offline   #175
BESTBUY
Supporters

Danny, wasn't Bart suppose to get a new power or something with issue 6? Can you tell us anything about that or does that give away any of DC's Flash plans?

Ray Palmer, Ronnie Raymond, Ralph Dibney, Dinah Lance in the JLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 24th, 2007   Heatwave the Rogue is offline   #176
Heatwave the Rogue
Barry Allen's #1 fan!

Danny, wasn't Bart suppose to get a new power or something with issue 6? Can you tell us anything about that or does that give away any of DC's Flash plans?
ddf
BESTBUY View Post
I'm thinking it was Bart's connection to the Speed Force, but I'll shush up and let Mr. Bilson answer.

There's a Flash section here? Where is it? ;-)