The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old April 7th, 2006   Not My Real Name is offline   #225
Not My Real Name*
The Invisible Horseman

I'm sure that there were a lot of people who started reading Teen Titans because Geoff Johns was on the project, but there were a lot more of us who started reading Teen Titans because they killed Young Justice to fold them into the team.
ddf
Ohoni
How do you know for a fact that there are more people who started reading Titans because of the Young Justice connection than because of any other reason? This sounds to me of a case of 95% of all statistics cited on a message board being made up.

II + II = VII
Old April 7th, 2006   The Krystal Method is offline   #226
The Krystal Method
My <:3_)~ likes HAUS

Let us enjoy this moment by just agreeing that we all like to read Teen Titans and that is why we are here!

"We tell lies about each other because the truth is such a bore."
Old April 7th, 2006   Not My Real Name is offline   #227
Not My Real Name*
The Invisible Horseman

True, dat!

II + II = VII
Old April 7th, 2006   Nightwing826 is offline   #228
Nightwing826
The New Champion

I started reading because it was called Teen Titans like the show lol

The biggest Freddy Freeman fan.
Old April 7th, 2006   Wally West888 is offline   #229
Wally West888
Green Lantern's Light

I started reading because it was called Teen Titans like the show lol
ddf
Nightwing826

Yeah, same reason here.

A Green Lantern Overcomes Fear Everytime They Face It!-Hal Jordan-Green Lantern

Don't Call Me Superman...Call Me Superboy!-Conner Kent-Superboy
Old April 7th, 2006   Superboy:013 is offline   #230
Superboy:013

Yeah, same reason here.
ddf
Wally West888
Same. Teen Titans was the first Johns' stuff I read and I still haven't read Young Justice yet, though I'd like to but can't find it anywhere.

Old April 8th, 2006   Infernorhythm is offline   #231
Infernorhythm
Aspiring Writer

So, Mia is missing? Darn, I loved Geoff's version of Speedy.

Junior Zatara? I may finally get my wish of a teenage Mordru eventually.

Man, I get off the grid for one week and this is what I miss...Stupid Wisconsin.

Superman Returns was a great film. DO NOT REBOOT!
Old April 8th, 2006   alterego is offline   #232
alterego

What I liked:

Rose and Kid Devil seem cool and I actually want to see more of them.
Cyborg looks the same.
Robin suit looks good actually.
This isn't really from TT, but superboy made me like him more.
The cloning thing.

What I didn't like:
Not sure about this new team, it feels like its lacking so many things. But I'm willing to give it time.

What I hated:
Cartoon costumes. So bad. I really really really hate them. Sorry. Raven and Gar. I'm quite sure we're going to see them again, thats good, but with those things on....The purple thing makes BB look like a KID. Because it was designed for that. Hes got a belt for no reason, and sneaker-like things. Feels like such a downgrade from the white one. The red things on Raven. Its so glaring and... ornamental. No use, and its odesn't look good. Doesn't work man. Doesn't work. Not for me. Its weird being so picky over costumes, but I'm the sort who would buy a book because of its art even if a monkey was writing it. It just spoils it for me.

I'm giving the book a try anyway. We'll see.

Old April 8th, 2006   Nightwing is offline   #233
Nightwing
Aerial Avenger

i think if the future storyline somewhat plays out-- tim is sure gonna be a having a female titan as an ex sooner or later
ddf
Lance Ausfresser
Everything that lead to that future was avoided. So that future has been voided.

I missed the start of that arc.

Who was it?
ddf
spudman

they dont say...

get the trade off amazon-- i did for like 6 bucks.. got it used and it looks brand new...
ddf
Lance Ausfresser
Perhaps your trade wasn't as new as you thought, because they did say who it was.

Tim's Ex-Girlfriend was Bette Kane who in that future was known as Batwoman.

I highly recommend the arc.

Can you show me where after the last 2 deaths in his "family" he sought out bruce or dick for a shoulder to cry on ? Actually he instead tells bruce he is leaving Gotham and he goes budhaven to be on his own and doesn't have any interaction with dick .
ddf
Robinthe3rd
He didn't seek them out, but they were there for him if he needed them.

But he did talk to Cassandra about his father and about Stephanie.

In Teen titans it took him a long time to say anything to them. Instead he dove into the mask. The only one who knew was Raven who could feel his feelings and it took him diving into the mask to far and raven confronting him about it for him to open up to his friends .
ddf
Robinthe3rd
Not really. The timing of the issues were off so by the time the two coght up it didn't take him longto breakdown. it wasn't Raven that forced his feelings to the surface it was a villain, and Tim went nuts when the guy cracked on his father.

We really don't know when he left. Alot of things could have happened between the two before he left.
ddf
Robinthe3rd
But we more or less do. Everything we doknow about the missing year has Batman and crew gone right after the Crisis. He is in fact gone for a yer not 8 months or something.

Mabye but perhaps he didn't leave with out telling him. Perhaps there was a fall out as I explained or perhaps he knows her secret and they fought about that .
ddf
Robinthe3rd
Bu that goes against what we do know.

What did you do after Superboy died?
ddf
Wonder Girl Teen Titans #34
I got better. I trained.
ddf
Robin Teen Titans #34
You ran away. You went on a trip around the world with Batman.

You left me all ALONE. And now I'm supposed to come back to the Titans because you "Need" me?
ddf
Wonder Girl Teen Titans #34
That shows that Tim did leave right after Crisis, and most likely didn't even tell her to he face but left her a note or a message.

He knew how it felt to loose someone he loves that much, and he knew the way Cassie was, and that she'd need his shoulder, but he denied her that.

She has every reason to be pissed at him.

The Proper Office Of A Friend Is To Side With You When You Are In The Wrong. Nearly Anybody Will Side With You When You Are In The Right.
-Bart Allen
Old April 8th, 2006   Old School is offline   #234
Old School
persona non grata

Everything that lead to that future was avoided. So that future has been voided.

Perhaps your trade wasn't as new as you thought, because they did say who it was.

Tim's Ex-Girlfriend was Bette Kane who in that future was known as Batwoman.

ddf
Nightwing
um i guessed i missed it. cause i dont recall reading it in the particular issue, maybe you can pinpoint what part it says that bette was tims ex.

p/m me if you can with it... im going out for the day
thanks

Old April 8th, 2006   Nightwing is offline   #235
Nightwing
Aerial Avenger

Well, one core member is dead,
ddf
Ohoni
And on his way back.

the other retired,
ddf
Ohoni
But not gone. Bart will be back, but not before he comes back in Flash first.

and the only remaining one is in a silly costume.
ddf
Ohoni
You may not like it, but other's love it, and others don't care either way.

That's fairly well gutted.
ddf
Ohoni
No it's not. The book just started, let the story work itself out.

I'm sure that there were a lot of people who started reading Teen Titans because Geoff Johns was on the project, but there were a lot more of us who started reading Teen Titans because they killed Young Justice to fold them into the team. We are disapointed.
ddf
Ohoni
There were people who just came onto the book because Geoff Johns was on it There were also people who came on because the Young Justice Quad were on it, but there are other reasons. Some came on for a particular character. Some came on for the W/P New Titans. Some people ame on because of the specific group of Titans that was assembled as a whole in #1. Some people came aboard because it's Teen Titans, which I believe if any reason is the majority, it's this one.

They also "killed" Titans, which had just a many loyal fans as Young Justice.

To say Geoff "Gutted the team" is your opinion, and it's premature, esspecially when everyone knows the YJ Quad will be back. Right now we're reading the story of how they come back together in the wake of an Infinite Crisis.

The Proper Office Of A Friend Is To Side With You When You Are In The Wrong. Nearly Anybody Will Side With You When You Are In The Right.
-Bart Allen
Old April 8th, 2006   Nightwing is offline   #236
Nightwing
Aerial Avenger

um i guessed i missed it. cause i dont recall reading it in the particular issue, maybe you can pinpoint what part it says that bette was tims ex.

p/m me if you can with it... im going out for the day
thanks
ddf
Lance Ausfresser
I sent the PM.

-Bart Allen
Old April 8th, 2006   LadyDiane10001 is offline   #237
LadyDiane10001

Just read this issue last night. Yowza, what a start!

Rather sad to see Cassie has become so dark. I'm hoping that's only temporary. Ditto Tim strutting around like Batman Jr. I thought the post-IC DCU was going to be less dark?

Slightly disappointed that Garfield and Raven's relationship started and ended all off panel, but I really doubt this is the end of it. holding up lighter, keeping the faith that the break up is only temporary.

I like the new additions to the cast. Marven and Wendy were great, looking forward to more of them in the future.

Poor Cyborg. His head must be spinning!

Bring on 35!
Last edited by LadyDiane10001; April 8th, 2006 at 11:34 AM.

Old April 8th, 2006   Outburstt is offline   #238
Outburstt
Geoffan

It's how you know that our into a good book. You just read the newest issue and you can't wait till the next one is out!
I just wonder how much of each title will be featured in 52. You've got a lot to account for with the Titans alone, and that's just one monthly title. Now imagine the Bat/Super books? The reason I bring that up s because I'd like to see some panels in 52 showing Gar/Raven and the other teams we caught looks at.

Worry is a misuse of imagination.
Old April 8th, 2006   Geoff Johns is offline   #239
Geoff Johns
Premier

Wow. When was the last time we had this much discussion on an issue...awesome. I will only say with 35, which is out I THINK in 3 weeks...you'll see more of the new members, Rose and Eddie, more of the new Brotherhood of Evil and, trust me when i say this, you'll see how insanely hard Tony is working. His art was great on #34...it's twice as good on #35...and twice that good on #36. He's doing some simply stunning work and I couldn't ask for a better partner on this book.

We just spent an hour yesterday talking through the next storylines taking us through the year and I'm incredibly excited with where we're taking the book.

Is it new? Yes. Is that scary? Hell, yes. Superboy was my favorite of the Titans. He was a hero through and through. That's why this team has to continue to evolve...and they're not going to do it alone.

Thanks for all the comments. Keep them coming. And look for more mysteries, secrets exposed and the unexpected next issue.

As Kid Devil said -- it's the "new" new Teen Titans. We're blazing a new trail. Hope you enjoy the ride.

Geoff

Remember if you don't read comics you help the enemy!!
Old April 8th, 2006   Nightwing is offline   #240
Nightwing
Aerial Avenger

Great Issue Geoff!

Keep them coming.

-Bart Allen