The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old May 16th, 2012   Scott Mateo is offline   #1
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

Default DC Stops Subscriptions With Issue 10

...For Aquaman, JL Dark, JLI And Swamp Thing

The full list of books dropped is: Aquaman, Animal Man, Birds of Prey, Batwoman, Blue Beetle, DC Universe Presents, Fury of Firestorm, Green Lantern: New Guardians, JL Dark, JL International, Legion of Super-Heroes, Red Hood & the Outlaws, Red Lanterns, Savage Hawkman, Superboy, and Swamp Thing.
Last edited by Scott Mateo; May 16th, 2012 at 03:31 PM.

"See, that's not at all what I'm irritated about...I'm irritated that you're trying to be an internet 'tough guy' to me." - Jake1823
Old May 16th, 2012   Mr. Wrong is offline   #2
Mr. Wrong
Supreme Geoffan

I'm very curious to know what they're doing. Maybe this is the start of phasing out subscription service altogether?

Seems like an odd move, unless the number of subscribers is just too few to support the service.

"HEY, KENT! YOU'VE GOT YOUR BIB ON BACKWARDS!"
Old May 16th, 2012   Amentep is offline   #3
Amentep

I'm very curious to know what they're doing. Maybe this is the start of phasing out subscription service altogether?

Seems like an odd move, unless the number of subscribers is just too few to support the service.
ddf
Mr. Wrong View Post
I'm wondering if that is the case - bulk magazine mail not being inexpensive to deal with and online comics stores selling you all of the titles you want from any publisher and all that.

Old May 16th, 2012   mego joe is offline   #4
mego joe
Geoffan

I'm wondering if that is the case - bulk magazine mail not being inexpensive to deal with and online comics stores selling you all of the titles you want from any publisher and all that.
ddf
Amentep View Post

I guess there's a break even point on how many issues are profitable to mail out

Rise from the ashes and blaze in everyday glory.- Rush[br]It was so much simpler before the Crisis. -Me
Old May 16th, 2012   Outside_85 is offline   #5
Outside_85
persona non grata

Considering that they were only offering something like half of the New52 to subscribers...I find this move extremely odd.

And wtf am I going to do with Batman: The Dark Knight when I want JLD?

Old May 16th, 2012   mego joe is offline   #6
mego joe
Geoffan

Considering that they were only offering something like half of the New52 to subscribers...I find this move extremely odd.

And wtf am I going to do with Batman: The Dark Knight when I want JLD?
ddf
Outside_85 View Post
Ask for a refund.

Rise from the ashes and blaze in everyday glory.- Rush[br]It was so much simpler before the Crisis. -Me
Old May 17th, 2012   Scott Mateo is offline   #7
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

The 17 Remaining DCU Subscription Titles

"See, that's not at all what I'm irritated about...I'm irritated that you're trying to be an internet 'tough guy' to me." - Jake1823
Old May 17th, 2012   Lady Obie is offline   #8
Lady Obie
Supreme Geoffan

Oy, this makes me really glad I found a new LCS and set up a new pull list there a few months ago

Currently the only comic I still subscribe to is Justice League and if DC is indeed pruning and possibly completely eliminating their print comics subs I suspect that would be one of the last comics ending that way and I would then have to make a decision on whether to add it to my pull list or drop it

outside,

I would recommend contacting DC subs ASAP and depending on what you prefer either asking if you can get a refund for your remaining issues or if there's another sub comic you'd rather have instead of DK you ask if you can get that one in its place

Jade: I'll take care of it for you, Obie.

Atom: Obie!? You call a thing like that--OBIE??

-- All-Star Squadron #25
Old May 17th, 2012   Bagged & Boarded is offline   #9
Bagged & Boarded
Make Mine Marvel

Good thing there are digital comics.

Old May 17th, 2012   Outside_85 is offline   #10
Outside_85
persona non grata

Good thing there are digital comics.
ddf
Bagged & Boarded View Post
Sigh...there are somethings I'd just prefer to have as physical objects...

Hmm, but yeah, guess its time to go 100% digital.

Old May 17th, 2012   Scott Mateo is offline   #11
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

Dan had this to say on Facebook:
Unfortunately we are cancelling certain subscriptions that don’t do not get enough mail orders to justify the subscription service. A best selling book does not always translate to a high selling subscription and there is very little relation between the two. t

Well, given some feedback, you might say that we reviewed the list and Aquaman might be “off the hook”.
ddf
Dan Didio