The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old May 3rd, 2012   tamaranorbust is offline   #1
tamaranorbust
Geoffan

Default Trinity War and Wally West

There's some debate on the Bleeding Cool forum about the Free Comic Day peek at the Trinity War.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/f...-book-day.html

The girl on the left is Pandora. Fans are wondering if one of the original 'trinity of sin' is Wally West.

That would be like waving a red flag at Wally fans everywhere, who are already pretty mad. But considering they have 'big plans' for Raven related to the upcoming crossover I can imagine some jumbled nightmare...

Annnnd if the guy in the middle turns out to be Garth, I absolutely give up. LOL.
Last edited by tamaranorbust; May 3rd, 2012 at 01:40 AM.

Comics posts at my blog
HISTORIES OF THINGS TO COME
Old May 3rd, 2012   Eric Q is offline   #2
Eric Q
THE Casanova Horseman

There's some debate on the Bleeding Cool forum about the Free Comic Day peek at the Trinity War.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/f...-book-day.html

The girl on the left is Pandora. Fans are wondering if one of the original 'trinity of sin' is Wally West.

That would be like waving a red flag at Wally fans everywhere, who are already pretty mad. But considering they have 'big plans' for Raven related to the upcoming crossover I can imagine some jumbled nightmare...

Annnnd if the guy in the middle turns out to be Garth, I absolutely give up. LOL.
ddf
tamaranorbust View Post
The one in the middle is likely the Phantom Stranger since he has the same necklace and they seem to imply it with this quote: "you will walk the Earth as a stranger to man".

And the other is most likely the Question because he has no face and they say "you will question your identity and forever search for answers you will never find".

Eric Q/Jake1823 2016

Will replace free speech w/fee speech. You can still give your 2 cents but you have to pay us $2 each time. U$A, U$A, U$A!
Old May 3rd, 2012   Jude Deluca is offline   #3
Jude Deluca
Neo Geoffan

Trust me, it is NOT Wally West.

"I'm gonna be a prince! You hear me?!" - Utena Tenjou, Revolutionary Girl Utena
Old May 3rd, 2012   Scott Mateo is offline   #4
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

If you really want o know who it is, you can find out here.

"See, that's not at all what I'm irritated about...I'm irritated that you're trying to be an internet 'tough guy' to me." - Jake1823
Old May 5th, 2012   tamaranorbust is offline   #5
tamaranorbust
Geoffan

Thanks, makes me feel slightly better. Although as long as these characters are MIA it is touch and go what will happen to them, if the past two decades are anything to go by.

Comics posts at my blog
Old May 16th, 2012   tamaranorbust is offline   #6
tamaranorbust
Geoffan

Here is something circulating about Wally in the dcnu. Looks like he will reappear (the rumour is from April 2012, based on an interview from Aug 2011):

On Saturday, Bleeding Cool ran one explanation for the absence of Wally West in the new DCU, given in person by Dan DiDio. But it may not be the only one.

Because, according to one Little Bleeder, there is another in continuity explanation for the missing character, just waiting to spill. Specifically a way in which he may yet return.

I just read your piece on Wally West. I work in TV and interviewed Dan Didio… afterwards I asked him about Wally and he told me that Wally is lost outside of space and time searching for his family/universe and they would be dealing with that story sometime in the future. That was in August so who knows if it will actually happen but I thought it was interesting.

So Wally West fans? Do not give up hope!!!

Of course, it could just have been Dan playing with him. If I was Dan, I’d have several hundred explanations ready to go. In case he’s running out, may I suggest “He’s running so fast, no one can see him. He’s literally in every New DCU book. So if you’re Wally West fans you should buy them all. You never know in which issue he might slow down for a millisecond…”
ddf

Comics posts at my blog
Old May 16th, 2012   Outside_85 is offline   #7
Outside_85
persona non grata

Think Dan just makes up stuff on the spot regarding Wally...read from the newsarama live-updating of a Wonder Con panel, at least one fan wasnt happy with Dan keeping up with the non-answers.

Old May 16th, 2012   Bagged & Boarded is offline   #8
Bagged & Boarded
Make Mine Marvel

I'm not one to defend Dan, especially in regards to his treatment of Wally West, but hasn't he said several times at this point that there are no plans for Wally and that they are focusing on Barry?

Old May 16th, 2012   Penny Dreadful is offline   #9
Penny Dreadful
At times dark, never grim

He told one person I know that there were plans for Wally. At this point, it could be another fakeout, like when he said circa 2006/2007 that Barry wasn't coming back. And their plans change on a dime, so...

On a long, extended break from massive comic-book events.
Old May 16th, 2012   Bagged & Boarded is offline   #10
Bagged & Boarded
Make Mine Marvel

He told one person I know that there were plans for Wally. At this point, it could be another fakeout, like when he said circa 2006/2007 that Barry wasn't coming back. And their plans change on a dime, so...
ddf
Penny Dreadful View Post
When was this?

Old May 16th, 2012   Amentep is offline   #11
Amentep

Planning to not use him still falls under "having plans"...

Old May 16th, 2012   Outside_85 is offline   #12
Outside_85
persona non grata

I'm not one to defend Dan, especially in regards to his treatment of Wally West, but hasn't he said several times at this point that there are no plans for Wally and that they are focusing on Barry?
ddf
Bagged & Boarded View Post
It is a bogus answer really, considering how many books Batman alone can support.
I suspect they are really doing this so all the Wally fans will eventually grow a soft spot for Barry and will eventually be more calm the day Wally finally reappears...but will never be the Flash again.

Old May 16th, 2012   Mark MacMillan is offline   #13
Mark MacMillan
Destroyer of Worlds

I could see a way to bring Wally back (at least as a speedster anyway)

Barry's been operating for over 5yrs, right?

Well, say in Year 2 or 3, Barry did have a sidekick named Wally (whose Aunt Iris knew a guy named Barry who is one of her inside sources at CCPD, as their relationship is currently in the Flash comic, and she convinces Barry to give her nephew a tour of the police station and crime lab and Wally gets his powers by messing around with one of Barry's experiments on his own DNA, that Barry was hoping would help him get a better understanding of his powers, but instead ended up fusing with Wally's DNA giving him the same power of speed as Barry)

After that it's pretty simple. Barry and Wally work together in secret for just over a year under Iris' nose until they go their own separate ways for some reason.

Then Wally comes back into Barry's life, but this time as his own speedster.

Galactus ain't got $#!& on me!

"Gangsta Rap MADE me do it" - Ice Cube
Old May 17th, 2012   Penny Dreadful is offline   #14
Penny Dreadful
At times dark, never grim

It is a bogus answer really, considering how many books Batman alone can support.
I suspect they are really doing this so all the Wally fans will eventually grow a soft spot for Barry and will eventually be more calm the day Wally finally reappears...but will never be the Flash again.
ddf
Outside_85 View Post
If they are, maybe these aren't the best tactics for it, because all they're doing is making Wally fans anxious and/or fed up.

Just make Wally the Flash on one of the 52 worlds. C'mon, it can't be that hard. Sheesh.

And meanwhile, where are Jesse Quick and Max Mercury?

On a long, extended break from massive comic-book events.
Old May 17th, 2012   Outside_85 is offline   #15
Outside_85
persona non grata

And meanwhile, where are Jesse Quick and Max Mercury?
ddf
Penny Dreadful View Post
On Earth-Backwater