The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old May 2nd, 2012   TJLamb0518 is online now   #17
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

As a fan of classic Nick Fury, I can't say I love this.

Also, if you going to add Agent Coulson, making him younger and more handsome misses the point of why the guy in the movies is so popular.
ddf
Simon DelMonte View Post
Yeah...because THAT'S the crucial difference between the two,

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old May 3rd, 2012   flashsuper is offline   #18
flashsuper
My real name is Mike

Isn't he taking on the "Nick Fury, Junior" name, officially, but being referred to as Nick Fury? When I did a quick poke around the net, that's what I got from the various things I read.

Maybe Slam Bradley Jr is a better example?

Or not that dissimilar to, you know, Peter Lorre Jr if you want to go that route...
ddf
Amentep View Post
What about Junior Felix?

I have had a rebirth.
Old May 3rd, 2012   Scott Mateo is offline   #19
Scott Mateo
Answer Man's Pal

Hey, they both co-exist. The original is still there, still up top the same stuff. I look at it as win/win.

"See, that's not at all what I'm irritated about...I'm irritated that you're trying to be an internet 'tough guy' to me." - Jake1823
Old May 3rd, 2012   Werehunter is offline   #20
Werehunter
Master Geoffan

At this point, I wouldn't mind a new Fury. While I love classic Nick, they've had him do so many things bordering on war crimes from time to time that I just can't look at him the same way.

Old May 4th, 2012   Drayven is offline   #21
Drayven

Dumbest.Mini.Ever. Pointless. I stayed on, thinking it was going somewhere. Fool me once, shame on you.

A man walks into a bar, hands the innkeeper three nails and says.."Can you put me up for the night?"
Old May 4th, 2012   superfriend is offline   #22
superfriend
laughs at comics

I also doubt that this will help Marvel sales...but what do I know.
ddf
Bagged & Boarded View Post
11/11 #1 of 6 - 32,222
12/11 #2 of 6 - 21,702 (-32.6%)
01/12 #3 of 6 - 18,102 (-16.6%)
02/12 #4 of 6 - 16,753 ( -7.5%)
03/12 #5 of 6 - 15,481

nobody read this thing anyway.

observe everything, admire nothing
Old May 20th, 2012   Bobbsw is offline   #23
Bobbsw

I think there is a very good reason for this Fury change.
After all the Marvel Movies from Iron Man to the Avengers the non-comic world only knows Fury as Black. It makes it much easier to grab a casual fan of the movie to pick up a comic that matches what he has already been exposed to at this time.

Now making Amanda Waller thin is something that defies logic.
(And yes I am a bit biased as we share a last name! )

Bobb

In comic books and soap operas, Death is not always Fatal!
Old May 21st, 2012   ADGood is offline   #24
ADGood
I meant it in a good way

I'd add the Ultimates in there as well.
ddf
jafabian View Post
The first run was a smash hit, spawned two cartoon videos, partially inspired the look of a video game, and planted a large number of seeds that the current movie is harvesting.

The second, third, and current runs have, I believe, been met with an underwhelming response. Partially because they tapped famously late artists for the second and third tries, and - shockingly - the issues started falling behind schedule. Go figure.

Old May 21st, 2012   Danny Perkins is offline   #25
Danny Perkins
Snake Baby Food-Pawn 812

I also doubt that this will help Marvel sales...but what do I know.

I think sometimes Marvel and DC don't give enough credit to readers (new & old)...it isn't a difficult concept to get that some characters may be different in different adaptions of material.
ddf
Bagged & Boarded View Post
While you may be right, I think it is time to accept that fact that in 2012 it is the movies that are the tail that wags the dog.

They want someone who just saw the Avengers to be able to walk into a shop and recognize the book and its characters as being similar to what they just saw on screen. Not the other way around as there are millions more people who now identify Fury as a black dude then the other way around. It is unfortunate but we are going to have to deal.

This is ultimately why nothing will ever significantly change from the Status quo for any of these major properties. They are to valuable to be messed with.

If you weren't expecting this to be good, then you need to go and read a bunch of Greg Rucka comics. - MattDiCarlo
Old May 21st, 2012   Danny Perkins is offline   #26
Danny Perkins
Snake Baby Food-Pawn 812

I think there is a very good reason for this Fury change.
After all the Marvel Movies from Iron Man to the Avengers the non-comic world only knows Fury as Black. It makes it much easier to grab a casual fan of the movie to pick up a comic that matches what he has already been exposed to at this time.

Now making Amanda Waller thin is something that defies logic.
(And yes I am a bit biased as we share a last name! )

Bobb
ddf
Bobbsw View Post
Looks like my reply was a little late.

If you weren't expecting this to be good, then you need to go and read a bunch of Greg Rucka comics. - MattDiCarlo
Old May 22nd, 2012   Bobbsw is offline   #27
Bobbsw

Looks like my reply was a little late.
ddf
Danny Perkins View Post
Well Mr. Perkins report to the principals office, and explain why you could not report to the forums on time!

Bobb

In comic books and soap operas, Death is not always Fatal!