The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Video Games

Video Games woot! America's new favorite pasttime

Old March 24th, 2012   Matches is offline   #721
Matches
riff-raff

I've been playing NBA2K12 on PS3 for about three months now, pretty much since the day I got it. (I am "allstarmatches" BTW.) I am completely addicted to myplayer mode.

You can find me at my blog or on twitter.
Old March 28th, 2012   Amentep is online now   #722
Amentep

Finished playing Mass Effect 3.

Of the two, I think I enjoyed playing Mass Effect 2 better.
ddf
Steve Chung View Post
Ultimately I think I liked ME1 best, but ME 2 is good. I'd give ME3 the least and not saying it wasn't fun to play but it certainly wasn't as satisfying a game experience like the other two overall.

Old April 8th, 2012   DaVeO is offline   #723
DaVeO
Talk to the Hand of Doom

I will be picking up Operation Raccoon City tonight, can't wait to try it out.
ddf
Hannah View Post
So how is it? Can you play co-op offline via split screen? I ask because I'm playing 5 with a friend right now occasionally and we're having a blast. So I'd get this if we could. And it's, y'know, a good game.

Where ever you go, there you are.
Old April 13th, 2012   Hannah is offline   #724
Hannah*
Floyd Girl

So how is it? Can you play co-op offline via split screen? I ask because I'm playing 5 with a friend right now occasionally and we're having a blast. So I'd get this if we could. And it's, y'know, a good game.
ddf
DaVeO View Post
Save your money and wait for RE6. No split screen and you AI partners are the dumbest things this side of a cereal box. If you want Co-op you have to head online. Not to mention the mechanics are awful. Playing online has it's moments but overall this game feels like a DLC not a $60 game.

`How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
`You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
Old April 13th, 2012   LastGuardian is offline   #725
LastGuardian
LastGuardian69 on PSN

Considering how good the trailer looked I had high hopes for Operation Raccoon City, but I've seen negative responses elsewhere. Somebody commented about it being like a subpar Call of Duty with zombies thrown in occasionally. Have no idea since I don't do CoD, but held off from buying. Burned before with slick cinematics that mislead. High hopes for RE6 & SH: Downpour though.

With the majority of Skyrim done, I switched to Dead Island, finally finishing the story on that. Then played the 'Grubbins On Ice' dlc for Costume Quest. Then finished out Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue. Made significant progress on Sideway New York. Finished FAERY: Legends of Avalon. Back to playing Borderlands because of the coming sequel. In particular the 'Claptrap's New Robot Revolution' dlc, though I do still have 'Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot' I haven't started at all.

That's the last 2 weeks of 'playing now'.

△○╳□
long live play
Old April 13th, 2012   JRM is offline   #726
JRM
Jim, the Auld Phart

Okay, and you are allowed to snicker, but a friend hooked me onto the "evil" facebook game, Castleville - anyone one else hooked? ... or here looking for a neighbour? PM me if you are. And the rest of you keep your laughing to a dull roar ...

Jim

Uncle Raffe's Private Stock
Contents: lots of Knowledge, Opinions, and Excessive Honesty. May induce a Tendency to Ramble...

The LSH ... RIP
Old May 3rd, 2012   LastGuardian is offline   #727
LastGuardian
LastGuardian69 on PSN

Spent a few days on Silent Hill Downpour. Can see what they meant in reviews I read. A few bursts of inspiration and brilliance, but seems like there should be more. Getting there isn't half the fun in this case. Did do better at trying to recapture what was special about the first couple than shattered memories, which I never finished & barely remember but for the repetetive chases.

Playing combat & predator challenges on Arkham City as all 4 characters(combat cleared for all now). Trying some campaigns too.

Bought Gotham City Impostors yesterday & played it a lot yesterday/today since they have 'community challenges' that are only available through tomorrow. It really is refreshingly unconventional in its approach to presentation what with the Bats being every bit as crazy as the Jokerz. The little 'office bat' character is entertaining all by himself in the animated tutorials complete with cheesy 50s music(this guy).

Also bought a "season pass" for The Walking Dead game, but have only played just past the events of the demo. High quality but still no idea how long the play time per episode will be. Hopefully each will be a couple hours at least.

△○╳□
long live play
Old May 7th, 2012   DaVeO is offline   #728
DaVeO
Talk to the Hand of Doom

I'm knee deep into Mass Effect 3 now. A couple nights ago I made a decision I deeply regret, but since I don't do reloads I'm not undoing it. Goes to show how emotional the writing for this series can be, I am carrying on.
I still really enjoy the multiplayer too, fun little 15-20 minute play sessions. If anyone wants a a partner for the PC my Origin tag is Centurion-David.

I also recently played the Diablo 3 beta and had a blast. I like the little tweaks they've made to the skill and combat systems although I can see not everyone will appreciate it. I'm not a big fan of too much micro managing so I liked it.

Star Trek Online. Free to play. It's actually pretty fun, different feel then SW: The Old Republic which is a good thing. Being able to bring your little party of officers and red shirts onto planets makes you feel very Captain-ish.

P.S. Thanks for the warning about Raccoon City, I'll wait for #6 instead.

Old May 7th, 2012   booyah is offline   #729
booyah
Effing Awesome Horseman

Location: Arkham Asylum, revolving door for the Criminally Insane

Not playing much of anything at the moment. Going through and getting some dangling trophies in the Assassin's Creed games, and waiting with baited breath for Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition. Harley Quinn's Revenge!! FTW!!!

I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.....and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Old May 7th, 2012   LastGuardian is offline   #730
LastGuardian
LastGuardian69 on PSN

Not playing much of anything at the moment. Going through and getting some dangling trophies in the Assassin's Creed games, and waiting with baited breath for Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition. Harley Quinn's Revenge!! FTW!!!
ddf
booyah View Post
Don't have Arkham City at all? Were you expecting a GOTY edition & waiting for that instead? More patience than I've probably ever had....

△○╳□
long live play
Old May 7th, 2012   DaVeO is offline   #731
DaVeO
Talk to the Hand of Doom

I'm with Booyah, I also waited, but then I had a ton more distractions to keep me occupied so it was no biggie.

Old May 7th, 2012   booyah is offline   #732
booyah
Effing Awesome Horseman

Location: Arkham Asylum, revolving door for the Criminally Insane

Don't have Arkham City at all? Were you expecting a GOTY edition & waiting for that instead? More patience than I've probably ever had....
ddf
LastGuardian View Post
Oh no, no no no. I bought Arkham City the day it came out. I played it and beat it numerous times over three weeks, and then I traded it back towards Assassin's Creed Revelations.
I am buying the GotY because it comes with all of the DLC I didn't buy and the all new "Harley Quinn's Revenge" pack that just looks amazing.

I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.....and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Old June 5th, 2012   silverageHawkman is offline   #733
silverageHawkman
Supporters

skyrim and I just managed to SOMEHOW get past that damn bug for the Containment mage college mission . Been searching for a fix for a month. According to the wikis there isnt a fix for ps3, but i got past the damn thing.

Old June 21st, 2012   Steve Chung is offline   #734
Steve Chung
Advanced Geoffan

I just picked up the GOTY Edition of Arkham City to play through the game and be able to use the 1970s Batman skin.

I was playing Skyrim as archer Oliver Queen and Fallout New Vegas as Dan Tanna.

Thinking about playing through Fallout 3 as Frank Castle.

"Free Steve Chung!"
Old June 24th, 2012   DaVeO is offline   #735
DaVeO
Talk to the Hand of Doom

Only thing I'm really playing day-to-day is Mass Effect 3 multi-player. Just can't stop, and with weekend challenges and rewards and all the free content it doesn't get boring for me. I love how some sessions can go incredibly smooth while in other groups by round 2 or 3 we're all dead. Ahh random co-op teams, gotta love 'em.

Old June 26th, 2012   Hannah is offline   #736
Hannah*
Floyd Girl

I'm still playing Dungeon Defenders a lot. I am trying to get my characters leveled up before the 4th DLC and patch to raise the difficulty come out.

`How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
`You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'