The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > The Comic Shop: Geoff Johns > Aquaman

Old April 24th, 2012   jafabian is offline   #1
jafabian
Cap who?

Arrow SPOILERS Aquaman issue #8 Preview & Discussion

CBR PREVIEW

Part 2 of “The Other League”! As a deadly hunter continues his murderous quest for the Atlantean trident, an unknown chapter of Aquaman’s life is revealed! Before he was a part of the Justice League, Aquaman was Arthur, the man from Atlantis, and leader of a mysterious team of adventurers. Armed with weapons forged in Aquaman’s past, these men and women were on their way to becoming the most powerful people on Earth – until it all came crashing down.

Story by
Geoff Johns
Art by
Ivan Reis, Joe Prado
Cover by
Ivan Reis, Joe Prado, Rod Reis
Publisher
DC Comics
Cover Price:
$2.99
Release Date
Wed, April 25th, 2012
ddf

Old April 25th, 2012   Bizarro #98 is offline   #2
Bizarro #98
Supreme Geoffan

P.O.W.'s shackles create force fields. The Operative's relic is the only one whose purpose is still unknown.

Aquaman and Ya'wara share a telepathic connection so... I guess she's a fish? He also mentions that he's the only Atlantean in the Others.

"Hahahaha! Me am great hero for scaring Bizarros!" - Yellow Lantern, Sinestro of Space Sector 1482
Old April 26th, 2012   mego joe is offline   #3
mego joe
Geoffan

Another good issue. And the best part- it doesn't rely on the relaunch!

Rise from the ashes and blaze in everyday glory.- Rush[br]It was so much simpler before the Crisis. -Me
Old April 27th, 2012   Bizarro #98 is offline   #4
Bizarro #98
Supreme Geoffan

New theory:

Aquaman's father at one point owned the trident. Black Manta killed him to get it. Aquaman hunted Black Manta down to take it back, and when he did, he slashed Black Manta across the face with it, which is why he has those scars now.

Also, Aquaman's obsession sorta makes him a reverse Captain Ahab. Instead of a white whale, he's after a black manta!

"Hahahaha! Me am great hero for scaring Bizarros!" - Yellow Lantern, Sinestro of Space Sector 1482
Old May 2nd, 2012   dcfanatic is offline   #5
dcfanatic

Nice issue. Artwork continues to amaze. The pace of this issue was a bit slow, esp. compared to others so far. What really happened?

“Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates, in the end, the kind of society incapable of exercising real discretion.”
Commager
Old May 3rd, 2012   Robert Saunders is offline   #6
Robert Saunders
Formerly Ebony Warrior

Nice issue. Artwork continues to amaze. The pace of this issue was a bit slow, esp. compared to others so far. What really happened?
ddf
dcfanatic View Post
But how does chen's (scientist guy, don't have his name in front of me) neck scar (growth) play into the theory. He is obviously connected to all the events of Aquaman's father, Black Manta and the Others.

Old May 3rd, 2012   jafabian is offline   #7
jafabian
Cap who?

I loved the man from Atlantis reference.

Old May 5th, 2012   Greg Waite is offline   #8
Greg Waite
Supreme Geoffan

This series is starting to drag on for me. I'm willing to stick it out until the end of the arc but if it doesn't improve, it's the next 52 to get dropped.

"We can't be all heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." Will Rogers
Old May 8th, 2012   Falloutboy is offline   #9
Falloutboy
Homesick at space camp

I am REALLY enjoying this book, I think it is going great and I am looking forward to the next issue. Never thought I'd say that about Aquaman!

Old May 9th, 2012   E-MAC is offline   #10
E-MAC
Advanced Geoffan

Aquaman continues to be the one book that gives me hope from DC. After having dropped GL & Flash and being very dissapointed in everything that's going on with JLA. This is the one book that I can pick up every month and be blown away which is great but still kinda sad too.

"If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".
Old May 11th, 2012   TJLamb0518 is offline   #11
TJLamb0518
Klinton Spilsbury 4Ever

Aquaman continues to be the one book that gives me hope from DC. After having dropped GL & Flash and being very dissapointed in everything that's going on with JLA. This is the one book that I can pick up every month and be blown away which is great but still kinda sad too.
ddf
E-MAC View Post
YOU dropped GL?

YOU???

Writing Reality Checks with my mouth that my body can't cash....

In new DCU, book drops you. - Yakov Didio
Old May 12th, 2012   E-MAC is offline   #12
E-MAC
Advanced Geoffan

YOU dropped GL?

YOU???
ddf
Yeah and now i'm loving Aquaman like if it was GL. Honestly i'm as surprised as anyone that that's the case but it is.

"If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".
Old May 26th, 2012   Matches is offline   #13
Matches
riff-raff

Loved this issue. I was actually considering dropping off this title after I few issues I didn't really care for, but this one re-piqued my interest. Nice job by all involved. My only complaint was that it was a really quick read - that's a nitpick, though.

@allstarmatches on Twitter.