The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old April 23rd, 2012   TitansFan is offline   #817
TitansFan
Titanic Horseman

I loved what Mike Lilly did for me with the Duela sketch at the NYCBM, that I HAD to go to him again this weekend. What he did for me is astounding! I gave him a reference for Wally when he wore a "Speed Force" costume for a few issues in his series. He went to town on this! W O W ! ! !

I went to a panel that featured Jeremy Bastian and other indie creators. I looked him up afterwards. GREAT GUY! Very personable and his art is so distinctive. I really dig it. I asked him to do a sketch of Rose Wilson's third look. This piece is fantastic! It's completely his style but a beautiful Rose depiction --

I met Rich Woodall late on the last day of the con. We got to chatting and I really like him. Super nice and very personable. His art is fantastic too! He did a Red Robin from when Tim was in the Virtual Internet (Ubernet) world --

The last sketch of the con floored me. I love when you give someone a not-so popular or just plain silly costume and they decide to go to town on it. That's what happened with Andy Belanger. I asked him to do a sketch of Tempest from the Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis series. This was Tempest returned from being almost killed during Infinite Crisis. He was in some sort of 'rebreather' device and was very sickly. Andy took that and did this crazy, completely awesome two-page spread. This is by far one of my favorites. Who would've guessed????

That should catch me up. Next time I wont wait so long to post!!!

"What kind of Superhero needs to wet himself every hour?" -- TTYO #2

Crazy Titans Fan!

"You have two choices...."

Proud New Yorker
Old April 24th, 2012   Roy Harper is offline   #818
Roy Harper
Tar Aquino

Wow, Jeff. Def awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Titans Together!
Old April 24th, 2012   Saturn Girl is offline   #819
Saturn Girl
Thought Criminal

Those are all gorgeous sketches. Such an interesting variety of styles, too.

I am the one who knocks.
Old April 24th, 2012   michealdark is offline   #820
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Bastian is great. I know him through Dave Petersen. His work on the Legends of the Guard was fantastic, and his Cursed Pirate Girl is a fantastic swashbuckling fantasy book

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old April 24th, 2012   Jude Deluca is offline   #821
Jude Deluca
Neo Geoffan

@TitansFan: Yeah, Mike's an amazing artist and a great guy. I'm surprised you hadn't gotten anything from him before. I actually thought you were waiting to get your sketchbook back from Jim Calafiore because of the Deity Titans sketches before you posted your Marketplace sketches. And I'm glad Ming was able to do such an amazing Jason for you.

"I'm gonna be a prince! You hear me?!" - Utena Tenjou, Revolutionary Girl Utena
Old April 28th, 2012   Jude Deluca is offline   #822
Jude Deluca
Neo Geoffan

I went to MoCCA Fest today, and I managed to finally fill my first sketchbook. I got a total of five Titans sketches, though one is in dispute.

Jodi Tong finally completed the trilogy of alternate Lians from Titans #25, with the baby version of Lian. I told her to have fun with it, make it cute, and she knocked it out of the park.

Anna-Maria Jung did a quick sketch of Mirage and her baby daughter Julienne.

Chris Giarrusso did an Elseworlds Kyle Rayner for me. This is Kyle from "Superman & Batman: Generations II", which was about if superheroes aged with regular time. Kyle's Green Lantern III, and obviously, his outfit is based on Alan Scott.

Melissa Zayas did a sketch of Kole for me, but it might not be Kole. It's the ghostly Kole who showed up in Team Titans.

Last edited by Mackaybear; July 3rd, 2012 at 08:59 AM.

Old April 28th, 2012   Jude Deluca is offline   #823
Jude Deluca
Neo Geoffan

Finally, here's the very last sketch of my black sketchbook. Heyondo Park did Matrix after she merged with the New God Twilight to form a new Earth Angel of Fire. I love this sketch, especially the wings.

Old April 29th, 2012   michealdark is offline   #824
michealdark
Wants a Rose plushy

Super awesome

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mikedark2-My FF.net account,w/my TT fanfics
http://www.myspace.com/mymindseye-My music project's page.

RIP Tara
Old April 29th, 2012   ronaldj is offline   #825
ronaldj
Master Geoffan

nice work ....

One day I'll be done with this, but for now, once more into the fray. Thom
Old May 5th, 2012   Jude Deluca is offline   #826
Jude Deluca
Neo Geoffan

Today was Free Comic Book Day, and Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez was appearing at Jim Hanley's Universe. I got an Outsiders Arsenal sketch from him.

Old May 30th, 2012   Jude Deluca is offline   #827
Jude Deluca
Neo Geoffan

I've got two new Titans commissions to show you guys, and I'm waiting for a new one.

This first one comes from a local artist, Edward Morges. Ed lives in the area near the store I work at, Squiggy's Dugout in New Rochelle. I first met him at NYCC last year, where he did a head sketch of the Kingdom Come version of Red Tornado. Squiggy, the guy who runs the store, has offered to let Ed sell some of his sketchbooks at the store. I've run into him and we've spoken a few times over the week. Today Squiggy did a small signing for Ed and author Brian Cronin from Comic Book Resources. I sat and talked with Ed about why he wanted to be an artist, his aspirations, favorite character, and as we spoke Ed did this sketch of Jesse Quick for me.

Now, this is another sketch from Viola Tanganelli. A little backstory: for those of you who don't know, I'm gay. I came out in January, and tried to be casual about it, but a couple of weeks ago I posted a journal entry on DeviantArt about my coming out, because I'd still been afraid of commenting or favoriting stuff I find appealing without dealing with people calling me a freak. All of my friends online and in real life have been so supportive of me, despite one person, and I've finally accepted that bit of myself. I'm an admirer of big beautiful man type art, especially superheroes, and I commissioned Vi to do an Arsenal and Lightning Lad sketch where they both have a few extra pounds on and are cool with it.

I really encourage you guys to commission Ed or Viola if you have a chance. They're great artists.

And thanks to the people on here who knew about me before and gave me support.

Old May 31st, 2012   Jude Deluca is offline   #828
Jude Deluca
Neo Geoffan

Oh, and this a preliminary piece Viola did of Roy to see if she got the right size.

He's peeved because a certain little someone replaced his shaving cream with whipped topping.

Old July 3rd, 2012   Keith Dallas is offline   #829
Keith Dallas
At a Hockey Game

Anyone having problems seeing Jude's images in this thread? I was at first and then I accessed each of Jude's links individually and now I see them here fine, but I want to know if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

Writer/Creator The Argonauts
Old July 3rd, 2012   JRM is offline   #830
JRM
Jim, the Auld Phart

Anyone having problems seeing Jude's images in this thread? I was at first and then I accessed each of Jude's links individually and now I see them here fine, but I want to know if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.
ddf
Keith Dallas View Post
Can't see them currently

Uncle Raffe's Private Stock
Contents: lots of Knowledge, Opinions, and Excessive Honesty. May induce a Tendency to Ramble...

The LSH ... RIP
Old July 3rd, 2012   Outside_85 is offline   #831
Outside_85
persona non grata

Cant see them here either

Old July 3rd, 2012   Keith Dallas is offline   #832
Keith Dallas
At a Hockey Game

Can't see them currently
ddf
JRM View Post
Cant see them here either
ddf
Outside_85 View Post
Thanks for the confirmation, gentlemen.

Jude, I think the problem is that you're hotlinking from comicartfans. I think you'll need to link from a different site. Sorry.

Writer/Creator The Argonauts