The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old April 23rd, 2012   achilles140 is offline   #1
achilles140
Supreme Geoffan

Default Leaked Art For Wave 2, Including WF and Earth 2!

Here it is. The World's Finest and Earth 2 stuff is pencil and ink, no color. Earth 2 is mainly fight scenes from the big Parademon bash, with one panel of Robin piloting the Batwing.

Worlds' Finest picks up with panels of Robin again piloting the Batwing, I'm assuming in the same fight, and pics of Supergirl in action. There are also pics of Kara and Helena, (I'm assuming), in civies rushing into a ruined building with shocked expressions. Hard to tell when that's set. And the "P" logo is more easily visible in the black and white version of the Maguire cover.

Beautiful WTTF full color art BTW, with some character sketches from Dial H.

Try my Blog!

Visit me on Facebook here!
Old April 23rd, 2012   Mr. Wrong is offline   #2
Mr. Wrong
Supreme Geoffan

That is some purty art on Earth-2 and WF!!!

"HEY, KENT! YOU'VE GOT YOUR BIB ON BACKWARDS!"
Old April 23rd, 2012   Alan is offline   #3
Alan
Supreme Geoffan

My god. Did you see the art for GI Combat????? Damn, looks like I'm buying all 6 now.

What has Nicola Scott done before? I'd never heard of her before that Superman fill in recently. She looks brilliant. Really looking forward to all of these books. Yes, even The Ravagers.

And Dial H looks incredible. Hope it reads as well as it looks.

Old April 23rd, 2012   Amentep is offline   #4
Amentep

For DC, Nicola Scott's done Birds of Prey (100-119 except 2 issues), Secret Six (1-14 except 2 issues), Teen Titans (88-100), Blackest Night: Wonder Woman mini-series, and a few issues of Wonder Woman (42-44)

I'm wary of Dial H, because I'm uncertain of the writer (for reasons I won't go into here).

Old April 23rd, 2012   achilles140 is offline   #5
achilles140
Supreme Geoffan

My god. Did you see the art for GI Combat????? Damn, looks like I'm buying all 6 now.

What has Nicola Scott done before? I'd never heard of her before that Superman fill in recently. She looks brilliant. Really looking forward to all of these books. Yes, even The Ravagers.

And Dial H looks incredible. Hope it reads as well as it looks.
ddf
Alan View Post
Yeah, as per the above, she's done quite a lot and the quality of her art comes as absolutely no surprise at all. She's one of DC's top rising stars in the art side of the picture IMO, along with Amanda Connor.

I'm definitely giving GI Combat a try, based solely on this art.

Try my Blog!

Old April 23rd, 2012   Alan is offline   #6
Alan
Supreme Geoffan

For DC, Nicola Scott's done Birds of Prey (100-119 except 2 issues), Secret Six (1-14 except 2 issues), Teen Titans (88-100), Blackest Night: Wonder Woman mini-series, and a few issues of Wonder Woman (42-44)

I'm wary of Dial H, because I'm uncertain of the writer (for reasons I won't go into here).
ddf
Amentep View Post
Thanks for that info. Just read an interview with her on CBR about the book too which mentioned her previous work. She does look very good indeed.

I've never actually read any of China Melville's books ( though I do have one somewhere), but his reviews have certainly gotten better in the last few years. I will just judge the book as it reads, without preconceptions. It looks really interesting though, and I've been intrigued by his interviews. How many Brit writers disappoint anyway?

Old April 24th, 2012   Gremlin is offline   #7
Gremlin
Mischievous sprite

Dial H is the only one I would pick up. It actually looks creative and artistic.

Grem-

Old April 24th, 2012   Amentep is offline   #8
Amentep

Thanks for that info. Just read an interview with her on CBR about the book too which mentioned her previous work. She does look very good indeed.

I've never actually read any of China Melville's books ( though I do have one somewhere), but his reviews have certainly gotten better in the last few years. I will just judge the book as it reads, without preconceptions. It looks really interesting though, and I've been intrigued by his interviews. How many Brit writers disappoint anyway?
ddf
Alan View Post
Well, actually I've been disappointed in a lot of Brit writers! And Americans and...

One of the interviews with Melville indicated he loved the last Dial H series which I thought was terrible so I'm not sure I'm getting off on the right foot with the book, I'm afraid.

Old April 24th, 2012   Bill_Nailer is offline   #9
Bill_Nailer

The art preview for Earth Two and World's Finest has me really excited for these books. As a long time JSA and earth 2 fan in general, I was getting these books anyway, but these previews seal the deal. Can't wait for May 2nd.

Bill recommends: Fans of Tellos should buy Skyward from Action Lab. You won't regret it.
Old April 24th, 2012   achilles140 is offline   #10
achilles140
Supreme Geoffan

The art preview for Earth Two and World's Finest has me really excited for these books. As a long time JSA and earth 2 fan in general, I was getting these books anyway, but these previews seal the deal. Can't wait for May 2nd.
ddf
Bill_Nailer View Post
Are they both coming out that day, or is it just Earth 2?

Try my Blog!

Old April 24th, 2012   Bill_Nailer is offline   #11
Bill_Nailer

According to the Diamond preview, both are coming out on May 2nd.

Bill recommends: Fans of Tellos should buy Skyward from Action Lab. You won't regret it.
Old April 24th, 2012   achilles140 is offline   #12
achilles140
Supreme Geoffan

According to the Diamond preview, both are coming out on May 2nd.
ddf
Bill_Nailer View Post
Ah, great, thanks. Big comic book day for me then. Both of them and XO #1...

Try my Blog!