The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > DC Comics

DC Comics Metropolis, Gotham, Coast City, Opal City, Smallville and other points East.

Old April 23rd, 2012   John Babos is offline   #1
John Babos
Neo Geoffan

Default The Flashpoint'ing of the New 52

So, we are seeing the growth and diversification of the Shazam / Marvel Family in the New 52. I am curious if the six New 52 Shazam kids will all be part of the Shazam matrix or if we'll just have the three core ones (Billy, Mary, Freddy) only or six Shazam family heroes a la the Golden Age, just more diverse.

That said, I am also curious as to when / if other Flashpoint concepts will debut in teh New 52. I would LOVE to see James Robinson's Outsider again!

Have other Flashpoint concepts been adopted in the New 52 (I read about 20 of them, so not sure what is going on in many of the other books).

- John Babos

Follow me as BabosScribe on Twitter & Facebook.
Please check out my scribbles at the Comics Nexus too. :)
Old April 23rd, 2012   Outside_85 is offline   #2
Outside_85
persona non grata

Jerkification- Johns is doing something like that in JL, where most of the team seems to be jerks to a greater or lesser extent.

As for the Outsider...now thats a character I either don't want to see ever again or he needs a complete rewrite.

Old April 24th, 2012   Mr. Wrong is offline   #3
Mr. Wrong
Supreme Geoffan

So, we are seeing the growth and diversification of the Shazam / Marvel Family in the New 52. I am curious if the six New 52 Shazam kids will all be part of the Shazam matrix or if we'll just have the three core ones (Billy, Mary, Freddy) only or six Shazam family heroes a la the Golden Age, just more diverse.

That said, I am also curious as to when / if other Flashpoint concepts will debut in teh New 52. I would LOVE to see James Robinson's Outsider again!

Have other Flashpoint concepts been adopted in the New 52 (I read about 20 of them, so not sure what is going on in many of the other books).
ddf
John Babos View Post
One that springs to mind is Cyborg as a major player.

"HEY, KENT! YOU'VE GOT YOUR BIB ON BACKWARDS!"
Old May 7th, 2012   LastGuardian is offline   #4
LastGuardian
LastGuardian69 on PSN

If they combine like the Forever People to create the SHAZAM 'entity', perhaps they could call themselves the Eterniteens.

I'm joking. Please don't riot.

△○╳□
long live play