The Comic Bloc Forums

Go Back   The Comic Bloc Forums > General Talk > Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors

Comic Announcements, Discussions, News and Rumors Thoughts, reviews, interview links and rumors

Old April 22nd, 2012   xBarryxAllenx is offline   #1
xBarryxAllenx

Default FOSTER by Brian Buccellato

I've been reading the first three issues of FOSTER by Brian Buccellato, and wanted to see how many others have already found this creator-owned-and-published gem. Right now it is just available at conventions and through http://www.brianbooch.com , but it will soon be available for orders through our LCBS as it will hit the May Diamond Previews for July release.

It is nothing like the Flash (where Brian Buccellato co-plots and provides the colors)...and even though I'm an obvious Flash fan by my handle I really like this storyline! It is set in a time before cell phones and the internet...but with a mysterious group of monstrous beings known as the Dwellers. The main character, Eddie Foster (a very flawed but very compelling character) takes on responsibility for watching over a young kid named Ben, who has his own secrets that are becoming more clear over time (though I suspect there is much yet to be learned about him).

There are no superheroes here to save you, and no high-tech to rely upon. It's a great series so far, and I thought I'd add a thread here to see who else is reading...and to let others know it's definitely worth checking out!

btw...a couple of important notes here. Each issue has had a special edition available where you can get a custom sketch made by Brian Buccellato. I've taken advantage of that every issue and am glad I did - thanks Booch for the sketches! The other note is that there is an upcoming FOSTER ANTHOLOGY that will include works from several industry friends of Booch. I got a kick out of watching the Twitter discussion between Booch and Sterling Gates, who signed on for one of the short stories in the anthology. There is a Kickstarter set up to fund that project and you can link to that through brianbooch.com

Your thoughts?

Long time Flash fan - you can find me here and at The Fastest Forum Alive! or at my blog Barry Allen's Comics and More